Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I miss Earth Eternal...Browser MMORPG

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I'm an ultra casual MMORPG player now a days due to school, work, and just life in general. While I used to dedicate all my time to LOTRO and other MMORPGs all my time got sucked up and I was stuck just with my laptop and a wireless connection. 

Thats when I found Earth Eternal awhile back and kind of fell in love. It didnt really do anything original besides the technology of a full 3D MMO in a browser client. I was turned off by the weird animals characters but I still enjoyed being able to play it where and whenever.

I just wish more MMOs would come out for the casual MMO players like me that cannot dedicate vast amounts of time at home and who are always on the go! 

Did anyone else enjoy this game? Or anyone else in the same boat as I?

Comments

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

I tried it. I could get past the art and the fury, but not the Themepark nature of it.

I strongly believe that browser based MMORPGs are the future. So do many top people in the industry, like Richard Garriott and Raph Koster. My interest in it goes farther. I think there's a way in it to control duping, hacking, and other forms of cheating. And that would mean that a much better game economy that's ultra deep can be developed. It would also mean that things like secret passages could not be discovered by hacks, etc. I hope this is the case, anyways. Great gaming worlds could be made, if it's so.

Once upon a time....

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

Are you aware of any new MMOs coming out that are browser based like Earth Eternal?

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

No. But I judge them on their design first, I don't really pay attention to whether they are browser based off the initial read I take. I am looking for Sandbox games, and sadly haven't found one that's worth looking farther into. (I also don't want open PvP without heavy justice for PKers, or some working means to prevent the king of the hill game play, so that kills some games right off the bat.)

So if there is, I just haven't noticed. You might find one, since you accept Themepark gaming. Maybe someone else will post something for ya.

Once upon a time....