Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: The Silver Lining

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's One Jump Home, we don our tin foil hats and jump into the exciting world of EVE Online political machination. See what we've got to say and then weigh in with your own thoughts in the comments.

I've talked before about the cultural bonds that hold the CFC in place, having once been an Alliance CEO inside of the CFC myself, I witnessed the internal machinations of the power bloc first hand. For the most part, the bigger, badder, and meaner the Alliance that exists inside of the entity, the more sway they have. In reality, the CFC can be split in two: The Northern CFC, whose primary anchor is Goonswarm, and The Southern CFC, whose primary anchor is TEST ALLIANCE PLEASE IGNORE. Both 'core' Alliances have smaller Alliances which gravitate around them, though the political operation of the CFC does not necessarily mean that "Small = Insignificant".

Read more of Ross McDermott's One Jump Home: The Silver Lining.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I'm looking forward to DUST  :o)
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    politics... I just want to blow up spaceships
  • kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375
    All of this meta-gaming is what makes me want to keep playing EVE.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    I love this series. I don't play EVE anymore, but I love reading about the drama. Good work!
  • arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61
    I'm sure it's been said b4, but EVE is the only game i enjoy reading about more than actually playing.
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by arcwest

I'm sure it's been said b4, but EVE is the only game i enjoy reading about more than actually playing.

I agree 100%. Someone should steal the "we know drama" slogan and give it to CCP.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Goons love them or hate them....

The massive power block  and hold each other's hand is just bad for Null sec.

You cant fight a war against them wtihout losing members in the long run.

And alot of corps have an attitude like (if you cant beat em join em)

There isnt enough power to force Goons on their knee's and make null sec a exciting piece of space again.

I cant say what Null sec needstough , but if this continues null sec keeps growing more and more like High sec.

Everything is almost blue to each other....

If goons wanted they could take even more space....they are so big right now that there is no alliance strong enough to fight a war versus them.

unleash the Jovian empire and reset null sec :)