Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO you all realize?!?! I MEAN SERIOUSLY do you all realize that

2»

Comments

• XReignsXReigns Member Posts: 23
    Yeah I am looking forward to D3,  Update to graphics, enviroments, and change of classes is nice,  Diablo has always been a good game to jump in, kill some time on, find some crazy random loot drop, all without a big ol raid party!
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Someone in the Diablo 3 forums seems excited that Diablo 3 is coming out soon....rally the troops and ATTACKKKKKKK!!!!

For those who seem to be lost, hopefully these are helpful:

Path of Exiles: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/747/view/forums/forum/1248/General-Discussion.html

Torchlight 2: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/432/view/forums/forum/930/General-Discussion.html

Lineage Eternal: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/710/view/forums/forum/1233/General-Discussion.html

Didn't see a forum for Grim Dawn or TitanQuest so you guys can hang out here if you like.

Now, kidding aside, I understand not liking certain features, art direction, or other decisions made regarding this game, but really, doesn't it get boring infesting every single thread with "D3 SUX! <OTHER GAME> IS AWESOME!"? Are any of these games being released on the same day as D3? If not, can't they all coexist?

Really, I'm glad there is a reasonable veriety of games to check out and that their apparent/assumed release dates give me the chance to give my full attention to each one. To be fair, I wouldn't know about a lot of these titles if it weren't for some of the posts that have crept into the D3 forums. So, to be clear, this is not a criticism of well reasoned conversation about game features and how they contrast across titles, but really, if all you have to contribute is the equivalent of "D3 sux!", "Blizzard r dumb!", "Activision is the devil", or some variation thereof, why not just move on let a person be happy that something they've been anticipating is near release?

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face

Do You Realize - we're floating in space

Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry

Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die
  • IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Originally posted by Nixl

Former hater turned fan reporting in. 

Cannot wait to play this with some friends. Although, it does hurt to see a partial necromancer model (Jordan) in game that uses poison nova. 

Haha, same here. Used to be really mad at the RMAH and the skill system... but over time I figured out where the skill system was going, it's really cool actually. And I'll just play Hardcore. Played the open beta, loved it.

It's Jondarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, btw.

And I seriously do not understand how anyone can possibly like Path of Exile. Because putting everything into one skill in a 5/6-linked weapon and having almost no skill originality whatsoever because everyone uses the same skils (literally. Who doesn't benefit from Phase Run? Flicker Strike?) is fun. And then banging everything on the head one-shotting them. For 3 difficulties... in an act that's 90% trees and monkeys. Monkeys.

Give me a break.

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

Originally posted by Irus

Originally posted by Nixl

Former hater turned fan reporting in. 

Cannot wait to play this with some friends. Although, it does hurt to see a partial necromancer model (Jordan) in game that uses poison nova. 

Haha, same here. Used to be really mad at the RMAH and the skill system... but over time I figured out where the skill system was going, it's really cool actually. And I'll just play Hardcore. Played the open beta, loved it.

It's Jondarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, btw.

And I seriously do not understand how anyone can possibly like Path of Exile. Because putting everything into one skill in a 5/6-linked weapon and having almost no skill originality whatsoever because everyone uses the same skils (literally. Who doesn't benefit from Phase Run? Flicker Strike?) is fun. And then banging everything on the head one-shotting them. For 3 difficulties... in an act that's 90% trees and monkeys. Monkeys.

Give me a break.

I agree 100%  Torchlight II will be twice the game that PoE is, and Diablo is twice the game that Torchlight II is.

And we are only 12 days 11 hours away now.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Diablo 3 will have something that you wont have in TL2, Exile, you name it. The legendary Blizzard cinematics and cut-scenes, it's propably the most exciting feature in D3 for me, unlocking the chapter cinematics ;) Do not tell me the game wont have them, DO NOT.
  • IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    I wish Runic luck but TL2's art style is too much for me. It's in the region of AoEO at this point.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    I played the short beta and am not really blown away. I am waiting for TL2 or GW2, whatever comes first.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by coretex666

People who say "Who cares" are funny because they claim they do not care, yet they are still going through diablo III forum.

Actually, people don't have to visit individual forums because of the hot topic feed on the main page.  That's how I found this thread.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

13 days now!

[Mod Edit]

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    The guy makes a topic in excitement, and you lot come here and piss all over it? Nice. Go play your "better" games already and leave the man alone.
  • XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Tyroki

Torchlight will be cheaper, have mod support, won't be permanently online, and is being made by some of the original team.

Therefore, Torchlight is more the 'sequel to the greatest online hack 'n slash ever' than Diablo 3 has any chance of being, even if the worlds are different.

Heck, even Path to Exile is pulling it off better than Blizzard. Path to Exile may be a somewhat different beast, but at it's core it feels very similar. It even feels dark and gritty, unlike Diablo 3.

Blizzard lost their truely talented developers years ago.

Torchlight 1 was awful. They're almost as money hungry as Blizzard. I remmeber when T1 released and them promising there would be a patch for multiplayer. Then it was a DLC you had to pay to get for multiplayer. Now it's a whole new game for Multiplayer. No thanks, they lost my business and I won't give them another cent.

D3 is the true followup to D2, play past Leoric and then comment on how dark and gritty it is or is not.

PoE is not nearly as good as people say, the combet is hack and slash D2 style but the skill system blows. I also have no hopes for them to improve the game.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Can't wait!  People here are really showing their colors.  It is like they have no idea what they are talking about yet feel so strongly about it. 

[Mod Edit]

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Torgrim

Who cares.

This, besides, torchlights the real diablo.

uh huh...the only game to complety clone two games completely...WoW and Diablo

C'mon, make a game that even remotely has some originality.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Xarnthal

Originally posted by Tyroki

Torchlight will be cheaper, have mod support, won't be permanently online, and is being made by some of the original team.

Therefore, Torchlight is more the 'sequel to the greatest online hack 'n slash ever' than Diablo 3 has any chance of being, even if the worlds are different.

Heck, even Path to Exile is pulling it off better than Blizzard. Path to Exile may be a somewhat different beast, but at it's core it feels very similar. It even feels dark and gritty, unlike Diablo 3.

Blizzard lost their truely talented developers years ago.

Torchlight 1 was awful. They're almost as money hungry as Blizzard. I remmeber when T1 released and them promising there would be a patch for multiplayer. Then it was a DLC you had to pay to get for multiplayer. Now it's a whole new game for Multiplayer. No thanks, they lost my business and I won't give them another cent.

D3 is the true followup to D2, play past Leoric and then comment on how dark and gritty it is or is not.

PoE is not nearly as good as people say, the combet is hack and slash D2 style but the skill system blows. I also have no hopes for them to improve the game.

this ^

T1 and T2..complete ripoffs of someone elses games. its like the people who spun off from blizzard said to their dev team..."look, we dont need to spend a dime on this...we will just copy blizzard completey and call it something different..we're small and the underdog, so naive people will like us."

As for that steaming pile..."path of exile"...lets see, dark and gritty? if you consider just varying shades of red and grey gritty, i guess so. no character, dull npcs, small cramped towns with nothing, gameplay with crabs and spiders...wait, i found a boss, its a bigger crab or spider! they have turned to begging to try to keep it afloat. i spent 5 bucks on the beta...what a mistake! i want a refund, lol

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Err there is no dlc for tl1, player made free mods yeah but no dlc. same with tl2

Also shame on the shaefers the design leads on diablo for copying diablo lol
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    12 days!.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by nomatics856

we are only two weeks away from the sequel to the greatest online hack and slash ever?!??!!!

No, we are 12 days away from the biggest cash shop ever with a Diablo paintjob.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-