Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Ranger Pets My Nephew And I Found

RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Rangers Rejoice!

I put in some additional information where I thought it would help but here is a slideshow of the pets we found.

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm275/Ratero_bucket/GW2%20Ranger%20Pet%20Locations/?albumview=slideshow

BTW If anyone picked up a Ranger Pet that I missed please let me know what one it was and where you found it.  Thanks.

Ratero.

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Looks like you were busy, good job!

I only managed to get a Moa and a Hyena..............but I REALLY want a pet shark!!!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    That's really cool.  I had a lot of fun as a ranger, but i didn't even try out charming pets, because i was too busy fighting in WvW. :p
  • lonewolf1980lonewolf1980 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    great news, i been looking for alot of those pets. tks
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Cool job! Finding various animals sounds like fun! Reminds of of Creature Handling in SWG. I'd love to have a monkey! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    I saw someone in WvW using the farm pig. I almost died from laughing so hard and long instead of playing.
  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    I found a forest spider in eastern Queensdale, near Beetletun.  There's an open pipe at the water line that you can go through.  It's filled with various oozes.  When you exit, you'll be facing a hill with a wall in front of you.  But you can get around it to the right and jump up to get to the hill.  Up there is a champion spider mother guarding her brood.  We never managed to kill her, but I came back later and managed to sneak close enough to a juvenile without alerting the mother, to tame it.  It spits poison but is way fragile.  Too bad it's AI forces it into melee all the time.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Thank you for the information on the Forest Spider.  Once we get back in game I'll take more screen shots and add that spider to our stable!

Ratero.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by Rhonen

Thank you for the information on the Forest Spider.  Once we get back in game I'll take more screen shots and add that spider to our stable!

Ratero.

Awesome list, thanks

Makes me want to try a ranger instead of warrior.

Also, what server did Griev end up choosing?

Uhh... what?

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by stragen001

but I REALLY want a pet shark!!!

Same here. I started with a snow lepord but found it kind of squishy. Tamed an arctic wolf and polar bear in the Norn capital city. Did all the capital cities have the starter choice pets for taming?

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

I only managed to get a Moa and a Hyena..............but I REALLY want a pet shark!!!

The cool thing is that every ranger will have a carbon copy of what you have - if they put in the little bit of effort.  Good thing these games make the enemy have a red name or I'd have no idea who to fire my bow at.

/sarcasm off.  Wouldn't it actually be a lot cooler to feel at least somewhat unique?  At least let each world have something different.  Who honestly believes that each world should be a carbon copy of each other?  Other than saving talent, time, and money for the company?

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Very impressive! I only found maybe half those pets on my ranger. I may have to bookmark that for future reference, lol. Wasn't expecting to like the class as much as I did, but the ranger is pretty awesome in GW2.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Comaf

The cool thing is that every ranger will have a carbon copy of what you have - if they put in the little bit of effort.  Good thing these games make the enemy have a red name or I'd have no idea who to fire my bow at.

/sarcasm off.  Wouldn't it actually be a lot cooler to feel at least somewhat unique?  At least let each world have something different.  Who honestly believes that each world should be a carbon copy of each other?  Other than saving talent, time, and money for the company?

Uhm.. troll much?

Seriously, a guy is just showing off stuff he found in the world w/ his nephew, and you gotta respond w/ something like that? Do you go around to kid's birthdays and stomp on their cakes as well?

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Comaf

Uhm.. troll much?

Seriously, a guy is just showing off stuff he found in the world w/ his nephew, and you gotta respond w/ something like that? Do you go around to kid's birthdays and stomp on their cakes as well?

yeah seriously. that poster's negativity was so awfully random it just took me by surprise. its cool enough that guild wars 2 has something like this where you have to look/hunt for your pets in order to get them first. its especially fun for now since theres no guide out right now that tells us the location of where to find these pets yet.

in any case... where do you find the moa? the only thing i didnt see on that list was boar and brown bear. i found the boar in queensdale and the brown bear somewhere in the 15+ area after queensdale.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Auzy,

Due to the HIGH population on our first server of "Sorrow's Furnace" we had part of our Guild on "Furgason's Crossing".  When we go live I'm not sure if we will remain on the same server or not depending upon server load.

Ratero.

in any case... where do you find the moa? the only thing i didnt see on that list was boar and brown bear. i found the boar in queensdale and the brown bear somewhere in the 15+ area after queensdale.

gessekai332,<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/gessekai332"; href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/gessekai332"; title="View information about gessekai332" suhlink"="">

I did not find the Boar or the Brown Bear or I would have taken screen shots of them.  I will look for them around Queensdale next time we can get in game.  Thanks for the information.

The Red Moa I found out in the Char area, the screen shot should show you the exact location.  I should have taken a world screen shot, then a local screen shot then the pet screen shot but I did not.

Ratero.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Those were amazing, I will definitely play a ranger the next time beta rolls around, I want some of those underwater pets!
  • Its interesting that every single different species has one unique skills they use and some times those skills are fairly important.  For example one of the bird species can give you a swiftness buff making it something you would use for a running build.

I wouldn't mind fif they added in some cosmetic customization but at this point there are some over 30 some odd species you can use that I don't really care much.

Added 3 new pets from this past Monday's stress test... White Moa, Warthog and Forest Spider... Enjoy

Ratero.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

I do not plan on playing Rangers anytime soon, but thanks for the effort! Nice to see this kind of mechanic working so well.

Pig attack? Amazing!

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

i guess the ranger will be the class playing this game more non-linear considering the rather linear world-design. other classes will be rather following the linear path thru zones roughly given by the personal quest.

i plan to 1st run thru all zones getting pets, doing some events popping up and heart-quests nearby to level in parallel. just the personal- quest will disturb me a bit. but i dont care about long runs home and you can also ignore the personal quest for a while. this could become a bit dangerous later on, when you have to leave the starter-zones to get some of the pets, due to this in general linear design. lets see how far i can apply this strategy. 

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Rhonen

Rangers Rejoice!

I put in some additional information where I thought it would help but here is a slideshow of the pets we found.

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm275/Ratero_bucket/GW2%20Ranger%20Pet%20Locations/?albumview=slideshow

BTW If anyone picked up a Ranger Pet that I missed please let me know what one it was and where you found it.  Thanks.

Ratero.

Very nice but im gonne find out myself thank you and im not gonne try find everything now for most part im saving all up for launch so i mainly play WvWvW witch i also gonne play alot with launch but thats not so bad learning tactics. I love exploring and find secrets on in this case also pets for my ranger.

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

Did anyone else think "I'm going to be a Stark" when they saw the wolf pet?