Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Game Suggestions?

ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188

Does anyone have any MMO game suggestions for someone who leans more towards sci-fi than fantasy and prefers a more FPS style of combat gameplay rather than the traditional target and cast style of game.

I have tried my hardest to like SWTOR, but the combat gameplay is too slow for me.  I need something that moves a bit faster than that.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

Comments

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    TERA it has fast based action combat, and an amazing game, comes out one 1 may (currently in head start). Its not an fps and it is a fantasy game, but well worth playing it, its alot of fun.
  • GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654
    I 'm thinking Tera is worth the box price until GW2 comes out. It's really pretty good and if nothing else you can stare at the pretty graphics for a month or two.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by ompgaming

Does anyone have any MMO game suggestions for someone who leans more towards sci-fi than fantasy and prefers a more FPS style of combat gameplay rather than the traditional target and cast style of game.

I have tried my hardest to like SWTOR, but the combat gameplay is too slow for me.  I need something that moves a bit faster than that.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

You could try Stalker Online? The entire thing is in Russian though. I managed to get along pretty well using basic MMORPG logic, and a little help from English speaking players.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188

I looked into Tera but since its not FPS and is Fantasy its teh exact oposite of what I am looking for.  I looked into STALKER Online too and maybe I'll give that a try once it comes out in English.

Anyone else have an idea?  I'm considering going back to Planetside, but I'mnot sure what the state of that game is anymore.

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

• AstryllAstryll Member Posts: 1
    Have you heard of PlanetSide II?
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    try to get in the FireFall beta

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

TERA does have a semi fps style combat mechanic for ranged, but yes it’s as fantasy as it gets.

I must admit to being disappointed with most SCI FI mmos, they feel more sterile and un-immersive compared to fantasy so far.

Star Trek Online may we worth a try with the revised ground combat, EVE if you have the long term dedication though it's not fps, it's PS3 cousin DUST 514 will be. And then there's Perpetuum an EVE like sandbox with mechs.

For pure FPS try either Tribes: Ascend, or Hedone, both SCI FI and free2play. Planetside 2 does look very good, but it won’t be out for a while.

Also, future SCI FI mmos to look out for are Defiance, WildStar, Otherland and the sandbox The Repopulation, all offer some pretty new and original features.

• NiffiNiffi Member Posts: 36

Dont know, if its something, you want, but you could take a look in Tribes Ascend, an Sci-Fi-MMoFPS.

Greets Niffi