Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

35%-60% off Logitech G-series peripherals coupons from Raptr

dinopowahdinopowah Member Posts: 3
Raptr's giving away 35%-60% off discounts on Logitech G-series peripherals as part of its new Raptr Rewards system. I work at Raptr so full disclosure there, but I think this deal is something that many people would be legitimately interested in.

Full details at the links below -- you have to have played at least one of a long list of very popular games to qualify, which most people probably have. It's pretty simple: Play games, earn rewards!

35% off discount: http://raptr.com/rewards/logitech-g-series

60% off discount: http://raptr.com/rewards/logitech-modern-warfare-3

Valid in the US only.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

I debated reporting this as spam, but I won't.  There might be some people legitimately interested, but it's not nearly as good of a deal as the original post tries to make it sound.  (Surprise, advertisements tend to exaggerate!)

First problem:  it's not available to that many people.  It's not available to you unless you:

1)  Live in the US,

2)  Play one of nine particular games a lot, only two of which are MMORPGs (and if you guessed the two that attract the most hatred on this site, you're right), and

3)  Have Raptr running in the background all the time to track what you're doing in those particular games.

Second problem:  it's not that big of a discount.  The 35% off is as compared to artificially high prices that Logitech never actually expected anyone to pay.

For example, Amazon sells a Logitech G400 mouse for $36.  Logitech sells the same mouse through their own web site for 39% more.  If you use Raptr a lot, then you can get a 35% discount as compared to that artificially high price.

As compared to Amazon, Logitech's web site charges 33% more for a G300 mouse, 39% more for a G930 headset, 35% more for a G700 mouse, 33% more for a G510 keyboard, 33% more for a G27 racing wheel, and so forth.  Take 35% off of those artificially high prices and you might get a bit of a discount as compared to Amazon, but calling it a 35% discount is wildly overstating it.

• dinopowahdinopowah Member Posts: 3
    I appreciate the criticism! Sorry if this particular deal didn't appeal to you. This is only one of many rewards that we have planned. We're actually partnered with Tera right now so in the future we're likely to have something that you'll be much more interested in. =)

Also I thought I'd mention that you don't have to have the client running in the background all the time. You probably only have to run the client crawl once to become eligible if you play any of those games.

Anyway, thanks for the input, and feel free to ask me any questions!
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

Originally posted by dinopowah

Also I thought I'd mention that you don't have to have the client running in the background all the time. You probably only have to run the client crawl once to become eligible if you play any of those games.

Seriously?  So let's suppose that someone downloads the Raptr client, runs it once, closes it, uninstalls it, and never allows it to run on his computer again.  How does it tell that you're in the top 60% of anything?