Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 - Delivering what they promised?

124»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think both the fans and the haters found justification for their positions.

Though it is odd to think that the haters would have actually paid to play the game if they dislike it so much, so it does make me question the honesty of their statements.

Of course I have some gripes, what is an American if not for a self righteous opinion right?

But over all I feel Anet did deliver on what they promised, and was even happily surprised by many things in my time with the game.

I find myself looking forward to playing MORE now that I have actually played the game, which is always a good sign.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by BadSpock

I think both the fans and the haters found justification for their positions.

Though it is odd to think that the haters would have actually paid to play the game if they dislike it so much, so it does make me question the honesty of their statements.

Of course I have some gripes, what is an American if not for a self righteous opinion right?

But over all I feel Anet did deliver on what they promised, and was even happily surprised by many things in my time with the game.

I find myself looking forward to playing MORE now that I have actually played the game, which is always a good sign.

It's like saying your an atheist and going to church every Sunday so you can see the zealots in action.

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Overall, GW2 delivers so far, except for:

1) No traditional quests and "!" markers

Uhm... yes, there are traditional quests in GW2, except they're marked with a <3 now, and they're even worse than traditional quests in some ways. Good thing is that you aren't really required to do them.

2) GW2 offers lots of build choices, just like GW1!

Unfortunately, this is just complete and utter nonsense. Skills and builds are my #1 complaint about GW2. I'm afraid Anet isn't going to change much, either.

Hype train -> Reality

• Meowhead, I am very happy you stand up here. There seems to be a handful of people, if not only one or two with different accounts, who can't stay away from the hate. They may call it trolling, but it isn't and you and I know it. A troll is for fun of all and not repetitive.

I support your cause and I hope these forum mods will finally do something to get this forum a bit better look.