Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Nine Glorious Years

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new blog post has been published on the EVE Online site reminding players that May 6th marks the game's NINTH anniversary. The post takes a look at how far the game has come since those earliest of days.

SciFiMagically, each year brings more pilots living, warring, trading and socializing in the EVE universe than the year before. “SciFiMagically” because, well, that’s not really happening in other MMOs.

And later this year we’re adding some dudes on those planets around you—dudes that you will be able to shoot at. It’s like the biggest universe in gaming is going to get bigger without actually expanding? SciFiMagic.

Read more on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Congrats, EVE! May you conquer the stars for 9 more years.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511
    I literally gew up playing this game. I was 22 when i first started playing EVE. I was single, studying and mostly broke. Now at age of 31 i am married, have two kids and stable job...but hey EVE is still around for me to play. How time flies, it is amazing.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

well deserved congrats!

played this awsome game for 4.5 of those years! my first mmo introduction!

will remain my first love.

and hey! iam still single no kids great job- and still play awsome mmo's!

:P

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    It's the best MMORPG. I even dream about Eve Online in my sleep!
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Ive  finaly managed to quit the game after 9 yrs :)
    o.O

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

The best part is that there's a real energy coming from CCP - and the players - even 9 years in, not to mention gameplay and UUI issues, rebalancing and code refactoring all being worked on at a furious rate, the lag monster is wounded, bleeding and getting weaker, the concurrent user rate is back on the rise...

Don't think of EVE as being 9 years old; think of it as coming out of the longest live beta in MMO history on May 22nd. Get in on it before the launch.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Been playing for 7 years and this game still challenges me, just had amazing fun in jita.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

playede almost 5 years without break

EVE is best,unique...only real mmo on market

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Playing since 2005 and still have an active account, but I can't be bothered to really play the game anymore.

They need to change alot of 0.0, sov, moon-mechanics etc to make it interesting again. The jumpdrives and -bridges destroyed the game for me... back to the roots and I'll happily play again.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The thing that amazes me about EVE, the playerbase constantly replentishes itself if not grows.  Besides Wow, no game to date has done that.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Ozmodan

The thing that amazes me about EVE, the playerbase constantly replentishes itself if not grows.  Besides Wow, no game to date has done that.

Hasn't WoW's playerbase contacted a fair bit recently?

Give me liberty or give me lasers