Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Lightning Tank Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

The PlanetSide 2 page has been updated with new information about the Lightning Tank. This light weight tank is a first line of defense for players with its one-man crew and fast maneuverability and is available to all factions.

• Capable of firing up to six rounds in under three seconds, allowing the driver to quickly adjust their aim after their first shot

• Designed to have a modular turret that can be completely swapped out for other turrets types

• Its "Skyguard" turret is the most effective ground-to-air weapon on the battlefield, as it's fitted with 40mm cannons with an elevation range of 80 degrees

• Fastest ground vehicle, besides the quad, making it difficult to out run it

Find out more on the Planetside 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I will be driving one of these.

This might just be the best game in the history of the universe. 

Now if they would just get it done so i can play dammit!!!

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300
    plastic toy graphic engine sigh

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I wish the web site kept up with the game info releases(like the one above).Annoying to go to the web site and see 2 week old information being the most recient.
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Lightning + Skygaurd = skyghtning

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

You know you really can't ALWAYS go by the pictures and videos you see on the webz. You really have to feel the engine in your hands..

Also an engine is not all about the graphics man.. It's about how the engine performs and what type of visuals and mechanics they can do..

*le-sigh*

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

well what devs are realising is the fact that if they make things TO realistic and/or graphic req. heavy.They will leave a lot of player base out of the picture,not every PC gamer has the $$ to drop into a machine every time a new game comes out.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by zaylin

well what devs are realising is the fact that if they make things TO realistic and/or graphic req. heavy.They will leave a lot of player base out of the picture,not every PC gamer has the $$ to drop into a machine every time a new game comes out.

This is important and one of the huge problems Planetside 1 had.

At the time, it required a pretty beefy computer to run, as well as a fast internet connection. Broadband was not that prevalent at the time and dial-up just didn't cut it.  This (combined with other factors) turned a lot of people away from the game.

A game that is dependant on massive scale warfare needs to be able to reach as many people as possible.

Beyond that, I think the graphics of PS2 look pretty damn good. If they can keep the requirements low, I would say they hit a sweet spot with ForgeLight. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com