Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's being called "The GW2 Effect".

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Sector13

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

You guys do realize that there are other MMOs with active dodge abilities in them, right? 

yeah

age of conan,and everyone knows how well age of conan went

lulz

Interesting to see your lack of MMO knowledge. How about the 6 other MMOs I can think off the top of my head that have it? 

That's like craving chocolate cake so someone hands you a bag of flour.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Monorojo

It is funny, playing GW2 with its horrible ability delay and empty promises of innovation in questing when they are just the same old quests with a slight spin made me yearn for WoW again.

Too each their own i guess.

Wrong game Mono.

:)))) Epic reply :D

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

The thread name is about the GW2 Effect. How come those that havent play the game also have opinion about it...

I think im under it too, this last days when i have nothing to do, always end up thinking i want to play it but but...

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Badaboom

Originally posted by Thralia

the GW2 effect for me was that i didnt want to play it ever anymore after 4h gametime. cancelled preorder n removed it from hdd.

No, that is called a minority report. 

How do you know it's a minority? Are you basing your comment on the amount of flaming fanboys on these  forums? If that's so then you are making a major mistake.

Originally posted by RKameL

The thread name is about the GW2 Effect. How come those that havent play the game also have opinion about it...

I think im under it too, this last days when i have nothing to do, always end up thinking i want to play it but but...

So people aren't allowed their own opinion?

Originally posted by Vepgenus

So people are allowed their own opinion?

OFC they are.. But i mean, how could GW2 affect you, in a positive or negative way, if you havent play it..

Im not saying that the ones who played cant have a negative effect, but the ones who didnt play..

OFC they are.. But i mean, how could GW2 affect you, in a positive or negative way, if you havent play it..

Im not saying that the ones who played cant have a negative effect, but the ones who didnt play..

Hype tends to create haters/flamers.

Someone obviously needs to learn what 'troll' means ... 

Why because I don't agree? If you notice i've said nothing negative about GW2. [Mod Edit]

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Man I had the GW 2 effect last year when I played it and it hinder my experiences with the last two MMO betas.

I did save money though.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Hype tends to create haters/flamers.

Thats obvious.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by Volkon

I've fallen victim to it, on the official forums a good many others have... the sudden lack of desire to play any other MMOs altogether. I noticed this before most others for reasons that may or may not be still under NDA, I'm not sure, but it resulted in the cancellation of three Eve Online accounts and prior to that a WoW account. Without a doubt, the world to me is so much more alive, the system so much more immersive, the combat so much more enthralling (I tried to double-tap dodge in TF2 earlier today) that other games, even TF2 just now, fall flat.

So... how you doin'?

For people like me who have played games like warhammer, rift, Daoc. There was nothing new or innovative in gw2, I did that before, 3 years on warhammer and a few months in rift. Even the dodge system is old, i remember a more complex system on AoC, and some people didnt remember but STO have a dodge system too. If u have played just games like WoW or eve, then yes, i guess gw2 is something new for you. But for really a lot of people is just more of same, even the maps in some way is like warhammer, i mean in war u have marked in the map all the PQs, but to find them you need to explore the map 1st, gw2 have the same system, but from what u saw to explore the map u have to find a scout (is on the map also) and then u have hearts all over the map to show you where are the DE, exaclty like war. Im not trolling btw, is what i saw after playing the beta, i mean for some people gw2 is something new, but for others, is just more of the same, Is all about what is your experience playing MMOs.

Originally posted by IceAge

Is like coming in a big full room of oil partners in Afganistan and say : I hate America ! WTF are you doing here? That's a meeting about oil , not about America! Are you in a business with oil? No? Then gtfo , your opinion does not matter! Says a guy from that room.

Same here! What business you have with GW2? Did you played the game to be qualified as a "opinionist" ?

What's your game? :D

I don't play video games, mama says they are the devil!

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by Eletheryl

For people like me who have played games like warhammer, rift, Daoc. There was nothing new or innovative in gw2, I did that before, 3 years on warhammer and a few months in rift. Even the dodge system is old, i remember a more complex system on AoC, and some people didnt remember but STO have a dodge system too. If u have played just games like WoW or eve, then yes, i guess gw2 is something new for you. But for really a lot of people is just more of same, even the maps in some way is like warhammer, i mean in war u have marked in the map all the PQs, but to find them you need to explore the map 1st, gw2 have the same system, but from what u saw to explore the map u have to find a scout (is on the map also) and then u have hearts all over the map to show you where are the DE, exaclty like war. Im not trolling btw, is what i saw after playing the beta, i mean for some people gw2 is something new, but for others, is just more of the same, Is all about what is your experience playing MMOs.

No, if you had played GW2 then you'd know that the scouts didn't do anything except show you where you could go and the hearts were for something completely separate from the DEs.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I've fallen victim to it, on the official forums a good many others have... the sudden lack of desire to play any other MMOs altogether. I noticed this before most others for reasons that may or may not be still under NDA, I'm not sure, but it resulted in the cancellation of three Eve Online accounts and prior to that a WoW account. Without a doubt, the world to me is so much more alive, the system so much more immersive, the combat so much more enthralling (I tried to double-tap dodge in TF2 earlier today) that other games, even TF2 just now, fall flat.

So... how you doin'?

Lol instead of naming more than one game give me one game that has all that beside GW 2.

I'll help you out though, the closest you could get is say to yourself "What would GW 1 be like if it was in an mmorpg setting?" then ask "What would DAOC be like with a cap for no slide show type lag [a lot]."

Though I still can't name [one MMO] unfortunately. Which is sad because original it seem like they copied all these MMOs.

What's new is thinking of newways to do things which leads to innovation, though I won't argue that fact with you.

Here..take a peanut butter jelly sandwhich everything in it isn't new but it's a innovation lol

Take care and enjoy yourselves.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    haha i'm in the same boat. i have enough room in my life for 2 games. i know gw2 will be one of them. i almost ran out and bought tera today but talked myself out of it. i hoping diablo 3 will be my "2nd game".

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

I have teh itch i shouldnt have played the beta i shoulda just waited now the wait for release is worse lol.. but really the beta was fun i had a good time..

people can stop with the tera comments alrdy tera isnt even close to gw2 go to the wizard 101 forums and boost ur anime lineage garbage.. a game that alrdy failed once is now here to be a filler... thats all it is..

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I have it too....."GW2 Effect" or as I'd rather call it "Any Game I'm Anxiously Waiting On Effect."

I need a game to play between now and GW2 release, but the old fall backs just don't sound good to me any more.  I'm done with SWTOR.  WoW might be okay, but I don't know....I've tried that a few times since I left and I always end up disgusted and logging out and deleting it, although maybe pandas might....who am I kidding....just no.  EQ2 maybe?  I don't know, not even THAT oldie but goodie sounds good now. :(

Does anyone have a SERIOUS suggestion as to a game that MIGHT be original enough to hold my attention between now and GW2 release?  It needs to be a game I can buy online and I'm not sure that pay to play or free to play really matters to me.

Even LotRO sounds blah.  Is DCUO any good...it's one I've never played....or STO?  TERA just rubs me the wrong way, I hate the graphic style of it and the animations.  Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Is there ANYTHING out that warrants a look or that I haven't already played into the ground?  Maybe it's time to buy Skyrim?  I have D3 pre-ordered at Gamestop, but I'm not sure I want it anymore. Seems to me that they've taken all the Diablo out of it.

/sigh

I have "gamer's depression" me thinks.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

So... how you doin'?

If you feel like you need to state that you're not trolling, odds are that you are. Just saying.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by just1opinion

I have it too....."GW2 Effect" or as I'd rather call it "Any Game I'm Anxiously Waiting On Effect."

I need a game to play between now and GW2 release, but the old fall backs just don't sound good to me any more.  I'm done with SWTOR.  WoW might be okay, but I don't know....I've tried that a few times since I left and I always end up disgusted and logging out and deleting it, although maybe pandas might....who am I kidding....just no.  EQ2 maybe?  I don't know, not even THAT oldie but goodie sounds good now. :(

Does anyone have a SERIOUS suggestion as to a game that MIGHT be original enough to hold my attention between now and GW2 release?  It needs to be a game I can buy online and I'm not sure that pay to play or free to play really matters to me.

Even LotRO sounds blah.  Is DCUO any good...it's one I've never played....or STO?  TERA just rubs me the wrong way, I hate the graphic style of it and the animations.  Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Is there ANYTHING out that warrants a look or that I haven't already played into the ground?  Maybe it's time to buy Skyrim?  I have D3 pre-ordered at Gamestop, but I'm not sure I want it anymore. Seems to me that they've taken all the Diablo out of it.

/sigh

I can't play any mmorpg's after playing the BWE, none are worthy! So, I am playing Legend of Grimrock on old school settings. I have the graph paper and mechanical pencil out! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

/sigh

I like DCUO, it has a really fun combat system and the F2P portion of it is not as painful as some other pseudo-F2P games (AoC, LoTRO, etc.). I play it from time to time but after playing GW2, I just don't have any interest in playing it.

Basically, I'm keeping myself entertained by playing Pokemon Liquid Crystal on my phone. It's a fan-made version of Pokemon Crystal with updated graphics and lots of added features. It does require a Gameboy Advance emulator. Also, Skyrim sometimes.

• GuelyGuely Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Amjoco

/sigh

I can't play any mmorpg's after playing the BWE, none are worthy! So, I am playing Legend of Grimrock on old school settings. I have the graph paper and mechanical pencil out! 

+1 to this. Legend of Grimrock is an awesome game.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO-Wt_q-Lys&feature=related

I like it! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

So... how you doin'?

If you feel like you need to state that you're not trolling, odds are that you are. Just saying.

No, bc from some people point of view, if you dont think that gw2 is the best game ever you are trolling. thats why i need to say ¨im not trolling¨ but is just pointless i guess. 

So... how you doin'?

No, bc from some people point of view, if you dont think that gw2 is the best game ever you are trolling. thats why i need to say ¨im not trolling¨ but is just pointless i guess. 

So you have to ask yourself then, "why did I post here"?  It's that simple. What was the benefit or what were you looking to get out of that post I highlited?