Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the game have pets and minions?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
Does TSW have pets and minions? If so, how does it work? And what are the different kinds of pets and minions?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Elemental Magic and Pistols supposedly have 'summons'. No idea what that entails though.

• CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Keyh

Elemental Magic and Pistols supposedly have 'summons'. No idea what that entails though.

For elemental magic, that means turrets. For pistols, no clue.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

The website states that pre-orders get one of several pets that can help in combat. These include a cat, wolf , and dog. I see no reason why the game would not contain other "pets" such as these.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/pre_order_now_access_exclusive_beta_weekends 

- Leiros

• jjmalovejjmalove Member Posts: 2

There is some mis-information here.

There are ingame pets.  The pre-orders contain a cat, dog, and something else.  They are fairly weak, and their are others in game to find and use.

Summons do exist, more significant than pets and would be similar to things like a WOW Warlocks pet and such in power.

To my knowledge Pistols contains a line of skills that have to do with setting up multiple deployable turrents.

I believe its either Chaos or Elemental magic which has a line that summons various pet demons.

Let me see if I can find the link real quick...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/6082/The-Secret-World-Deck-Templates.html

Its a template called the Thaumaturgist.  Templates are basically just guides you can choose to follow when you are getting skills if a freeform skill system is overwhelming and give you an idea of what might work.  This template uses shotguns and elemental magic.  The shotguns provide mechanic turrents, and the elemental provides fire ice and lightning demons.

Hope this helped!

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Havn't found any images or footage of pets, seems there is so much not released yet, considering how close to launch the game may be. (I don't date the offical date for granted).