Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As bad as it sounds I hope Anet has built in RMT

muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
Its the easiest way to avoid the grind and just pvp.  Works great with eve.  My job is pretty demanding so I don't have a lot of free time, so every weekend i just drop 30 bucks and I have several battleships ready for pvp.  If anet does do Gems -> gold hopefully ill be able to buy gear or raid drops and not have to worry about the gear treadmill and just WvWvW.

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by CNUChavez

Its the easiest way to avoid the grind and just pvp.  Works great with eve.  My job is pretty demaning so I don't have a lot of free time, so every weekend i just drop 30 bucks and I have several battleships ready for pvp.  If anet does do Gems -> gold hopefully ill be able to buy gear or raid drops and not have to worry about the gear treadmill and just WvWvW.

Since you already know that GW2 has gems that you can trade to players for gold, it seems odd to me that you don't know that there really isn't a gear treadmill.  

In WvWvW, player kills will score you badges that you can trade to a vender for max level armor (you have to be lvl 80 to use it).  In the other PvP, you get the armor and weapons and runes and insignias for free.  No charge for respecs, no charge for experimentation.

Yes...GW2 has RMT built in.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

Well, if PvP is your thing, there will be no need for grinding at all. From what I've seen, if you get some kills in PvP you'll get glory and gear will come pretty fast.

Still, some gold is needed for blueprints and upgrading your keep in WvW, so I guess if you wanna use gems for it, have at it, that's what they're for :D

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by grimm6th

Originally posted by CNUChavez

Its the easiest way to avoid the grind and just pvp.  Works great with eve.  My job is pretty demaning so I don't have a lot of free time, so every weekend i just drop 30 bucks and I have several battleships ready for pvp.  If anet does do Gems -> gold hopefully ill be able to buy gear or raid drops and not have to worry about the gear treadmill and just WvWvW.

Since you already know that GW2 has gems that you can trade to players for gold, it seems odd to me that you don't know that there really isn't a gear treadmill.  

In WvWvW, player kills will score you badges that you can trade to a vender for max level armor (you have to be lvl 80 to use it).  In the other PvP, you get the armor and weapons and runes and insignias for free.  No charge for respecs, no charge for experimentation.

Yes...GW2 has RMT built in.

Oh, I saw lvl 60 armor in WvWvW, didn't realize there would be level 80, which is awesome. 

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    So am I allowed to sell gold to people for real world cash? Or will the Anet po po tell me that's illegal and ban me? Why should cheating be legal now?
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

No you cant sell gold to players for real world money. You can trade gems that you purchase with your real money to players for gold. There is not buying and selling of gems or gold in game, its all trade. Thats one of the biggest misconceptions that most players or people here on the forums seem to not understand. You can not buy gold with gems, some player out there has to have earned that gold and want to trade it to you for your gems. And vice versa, it doesnt matter how much gold you make in game if there isnt someone willing to trade you thier gems for it.

Its actually a very smart system Anet has made, and i applaud them for it. Some players make more money and have less time to play, some like me (unemployed) have a ton of time to play but no money to spend on gems. This system lets us both benefit from the other, and balances everything out.

As for the gear, you cannot buy the best armor in WvW with anything but badges of honor. And those are only looted from actually killing other players. NO amount of ingame gold, Karma, influence, or gems you bought with real money will lead to the best gear. You have to earn it just like everyone else does. sPVP is the same, you have to earn the Glory just like everyone else.