Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you cancel a pre-order?

mmodannommodanno Member Posts: 163

Im trying to cancel my pre-order, (Beta was a HUGE dissapointment), but I can not find the cancel option anywhere on GW2's site.

Anyone have path or directions to where you cancel pre-orders?

Thanks!

Comments

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    If you played in the beta you did not pre-order, you pre-purchased (paid in full). If you pre-purchased, you cannot get a refund.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

If you pre-PURCHASED.  You can't cancel.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    If you mean pre-purchase it was quite clear that there is a no refund policy on the digital edition.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by mmodanno

Im trying to cancel my pre-order, (Beta was a HUGE dissapointment), but I can not find the cancel option anywhere on GW2's site.

Thanks!

Since it was a pre-purchase, rather than a pre-order, you will probably have to contact customer service to request a refund.  I plan on trying one more beta event to see if the game can grow on me before I decide to go the refund route.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407
    Stay on topic please.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Hop around on one foot exclaiming, "Mekka lekka high mekka hiney ho!"

Should do the trick.

You may be able to get a refund if you bother customer service enough. Really though they don't have to.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Should do the trick.

You may be able to get a refund if you bother customer service enough. Really though they don't have to.

Thats funny, that also works for starting my lawnmower.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Well... crap.  My own fault for 'PRE' anything to do with an MMO.  I was suckered in by the little game play movies they made.

What a dull and boring game it turned out to be.

The game play movies showed gameplay, nothing more.  Odd post and reaction to a weekend beta.  Game seemed pretty mind blowing to me, and many others it seems - did you give it a chance? edit back on topic, if you preordered rather than prepurchase you can cancel, or simply not pay.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Customer service would have done it before the beta. Once the code was officially 'used', there is supposed to be no refunding. I suppose you could get into their live customer service queue and see if they might still do it but I am guess (just a guess) that it wont work.

Another possible option, since it isn't a subbed game is to offer it to a friend maybe at a reduced rate to get some $$ back?

• mmodannommodanno Member Posts: 163

Yes I did preorder it, and Yes I played it quite a bit this weekend.

It was a simple question about billing and site navigation. [Mod Edit]

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Should do the trick.

For some reason, that made me laugh my ass off.

• mmodannommodanno Member Posts: 163
    Unlight, you have a seriously scarry looking avatar.
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Yes I did preorder it, and Yes I played it quite a bit this weekend.

It was a simple question about billing and site navigation. [Mod Edit]

No, you pre-purchased it, and no you'll not be able to cancel it. Don't get people started on analogies that'll make you and them look stupid. 20 people told you already: forget it, no refund.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by SuperDonk

Well... crap.  My own fault for 'PRE' anything to do with an MMO.  I was suckered in by the little game play movies they made.

What a dull and boring game it turned out to be.

[Mod Edit]

I would say if cs don't refund, it will depend how you paid and where. If you paid by cc you could issue a dispute, you will then need to prove reason for your circumstances for it to be upheld. You can also ask your cc company for a charge back but the repurcusions of this depend on how far Anet want to pursue it, my guess is probably not that far and the number they are probably getting not that worth it.

But generally best to get refund from Anet

Sorry forgot , massive importance when you bought it, within 30 days for most cc companies.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Thanks!

Pics or didn't happen. You would have known that you pre-purchased and not pre-ordered . What char did you played btw ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Should do the trick.

I laughed so hard when I read this!

Anyways, to the OP: if you think you pre-ordered it you might want to check your CC statement. You could have pre-ordered it and still managed to get into beta if you were lucky. However, the only guaranteed way was to pre-purchase it (which again, Anet is not at fault for you paying full price for a game that's not even released).

EDIT: One thing that I will never understand is why people post HERE of all places when asking for information on refund? You'd think going to the NCSoft website, or the Guild Wars website, or the support website, or the official forums would make a lot more sense. 

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Originally posted by bookworm438

EDIT: One thing that I will never understand is why people post HERE of all places when asking for information on refund? You'd think going to the NCSoft website, or the Guild Wars website, or the support website, or the official forums would make a lot more sense. 

Is because they didn't pre-purchased, pre-ordered, etc :) Just bashing , that's all ! Typical!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Thanks!

Best way is to call your credit card company and contest the charge.  Just say they took your money but haven't delivered on the product yet and now you are no longer interested.  Most credit card companies have a policy that allows you to cancel if you have not yet received your product.

Worth a shot at least...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Thanks!

Best way is to call your credit card company and contest the charge.  Just say they took your money but haven't delivered on the product yet and now you are no longer interested.  Most credit card companies have a policy that allows you to cancel if you have not yet received your product.

Worth a shot at least...

But he did receive the product. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for consumer rights and all but what you're suggesting is just plain dishonest.

If OP really pre-purchased and wants his money back, I would try to contact ArenaNet's or NCSoft's customer service first.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Thanks!

Worth a shot at least...

If he does that he will never be able to use that Card with any Anet games in the future, that gets you a perma ban.  But if he felt so strongly, I suppose that would be an option.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by heartless

Thanks!

Worth a shot at least...

But he did receive the product. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for consumer rights and all but what you're suggesting is just plain dishonest.

If OP really pre-purchased and wants his money back, I would try to contact ArenaNet's or NCSoft's customer service first.

Sure you can contact NCSoft first.  But if they don't offer a refund despite the game not being released yet then it is not dishonest to contest the charge on your credit card.  The game is not in production and has not been delivered to the consumer yet so most credit card companies will cancel the charge.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Why is this topic three pages?  If it is honestly about trying to cancel a pre-order then the answer is...you can't!  If it is not about canceling a pre-order, then it's trolling.

Lock the thread.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Creslin321

If you pre-PURCHASED.  You can't cancel.

Well played Arenanet, well played...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Creslin321

Why is this topic three pages?  If it is honestly about trying to cancel a pre-order then the answer is...you can't!  If it is not about canceling a pre-order, then it's trolling.

Lock the thread.

The game has not gone to release yet, by all rights he should be able to get his money back if he is dissapointed with what he got.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

i can feel you guys in pain now that Blzzzard removed the auction posting fee..

Still.. if you bought gw2 it was not a pre.order and they dont have to give you any cash back.

Of course you could try reselling it to someone else.. maybe for a smaller price..

This does proove something tho.. you should not buy something before testing it. Theese days.. thats a good advice for the gaming market and not only.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR