Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well finally those hut ball cheaters are removed, GOODBY!

Action being taken against exploits and cheats

We place a high priority on ensuring a safe and fair game environment within Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. As part of this, we continually monitor the live game service for exploits and cheats within the game. Anyone found to be in violation of our Terms of Service risks action being taken on their game account, up to and including the possibility of being permanently banned from play.

With Game Update 1.2, new measures were put in place to improve our detection of exploits, particularly in relation to 'speed hacking' and teleport cheats. With the help of this improved detection, we recently took action against hundreds of game accounts. In many cases these accounts were permanently removed from the game after being investigated by our Terms of Service team, who double-check every detected account to ensure fair rulings.

Moving forward, we will continue to improve and upgrade our detection methods, but we still need your help. If you witness what you believe to be an exploit while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, please notify Customer Service by clicking the '?' icon in the game client (by default, situated at the top of your screen). Every reported incident is reviewed by our Terms of Service team and action will be taken when warranted.

Thank you for your continuing cooperation in helping us maintain a safe and fair environment in Star Wars: The Old Republic! 

A day long remembered.

Ajax

Comments

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460
    I'm all for taking out cheaters but if they actually follow through, there will be what, 4 people left?

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Good news, imo.  But yeah it might leave too few PvPers.

• Twisted77Twisted77 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    They banned the unsubbed accounts /sarcasm
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I should note I was not bashing SWToR at all, I like it :)

Just meant not many seem to PvP at least on the server I am on, so you see a lot of the same names over and over again.  They need x-server queus as their next step.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'd rather have a smaller PvP pool than play with a bunch or even a few cheating hackers.

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

I actually created a new Avatar on the Fatman server PVP is fast and furious and less than 5 minutes between matches.

I'd rather wait to logon and be on a full server than be on  low pop.

Having said that it was the grouped teams that ported and used speed hacks in hut ball how sad, whats the point in playing if you cheat to win even though they were geared up?

Next issue is the guys you cant damage or kill you in 1 hit not many of those but there are few some you cant snare or stop in any way.

Ajax

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Good News. Cheating should always be discouraged in any game.

Now if only they can add choice to warzones for those of us who hate Huttball.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

This is good news, I've seen players repeatedly doing it for weeks, but since 1.2 I haven't seen anyone complaining nor have I witnessed any myself, then again my pvp time has been cut down dramatically due to the stupidly low TTK (and yes I'm geared) which takes the fun away from an MMO pvp environment.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Always good news.  While it wasn't the only thing that killed POTBS, their banning of one of the largest guilds for exploiting, then letting them back in, only to have them do even more exploiting later caused a good chunk of players to stop engaging in the endgame.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Banning cheaters is always good.  Surprised that it's only hundreds to be honest.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Twisted77

They banned the unsubbed accounts /sarcasm

Hehe, it wouldn't surprise me if they fiddled the numbers to make them look good though.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    This is a good response by BW. And to those cheaters out there, you have no balls.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by ktanner3

Roll Republic, I hardly ever got Huttball on my Trooper.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Originally posted by Bardus

I'm all for taking out cheaters but if they actually follow through, there will be what, 4 people left?

If you assume the majority is cheating, you are wrong.

The cheaters have always been a minority who ruin games for that majority.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by ktanner3

Roll Republic, I hardly ever got Huttball on my Trooper.

Since 1.2, I hardly ever get it either,but I'd still like to pick and choose my warzones. I don't know why this isn't available.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

If they removed/banned a few hundred accounts there wont be many players left anymore playing swtor soon ......