Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ULTIMA ONLINE

I just wanna know how many of you guys play ultima online..if you do post what shard you play..{even player made shards}..just something to make time go by :D..ill start..

I play Athlore reloaded and Alternate-PK..when i played OSI i played atlantic nappa valley and pacific...and my favorite osi shard was Test center o_O

If you want something done...slap your litle brother in the head and tell him like it is :D

If you want something done...slap your litle brother in the head and tell him like it is :D

Comments

• GIVERGIVER Member Posts: 1
    Ultima Online is the best MMORPG of all time. It started it all and there's not much better than the earlier OSI days. I played the game for almost 4 years on a shard called Chesapeake mainly. I've also played UO on a player run shard called The Alter Realm (www.thealterrealm.com) for a little less than a year. The game, even though it was buggy, was contantly changing, which made it so great actually. Its a classic, a pure classic.

• TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218

I agree that Ultima was the greatest of all time....i too played for 4 years on Great Lakes. I quit because OSI sold out and gave all the newbies all they desired and basically every patch in the last 2 years was horrible for all the old school players. My question is....Why hasnt anybody attempted to copy the old UO?? With its popularity and vast opportunistic playing it was untouchable. If any old UO players out there know of a game that resembles the old UO let me know please cause Ill be at the store today to buy it. thanks

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    i play on the pacific shard and my pvper is name converge. my current guild i am in is FL

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Do any of these shards actually have the game that you can download it from?

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• ReebdoogReebdoog Member Posts: 56
    I played the original UO...but when they began changing everything it went to crap. Original UO was the BEST game I ever played...too bad really.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    I used to play on the Atlantic shard long time ago when the game first came out,but left when EQ went live.

Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124

I was on the Atlantic shard as well a long itme ago, but quit after I gave up gaming for awhile. I was thinking about starting up on UO again, but I'm going to see what this new wave of MMORPG's (ie WoW, Horizons, and yes UXO) will be like before I decide.

• dougfrippondougfrippon Member Posts: 206

I definitly agree with all of you guys

I played UO during about 3 years long ago on atlantic shard, IT WAS SO DAMN FUN

Happened the same thing to me.. I quit because patchs ruined the game and all =(, Since then I tried like 5 other MMORPG And I find them all crappy because UO WAS SO GREAT  :(

SNIFF SNIFF

• DarkCreedDarkCreed Member Posts: 88
    Yup, i started playing on Great Lakes shard about 1 week after it went live, my chars names were Cyric, Mordieth,Perrin, and DarkCreed i was in in guilds O.T.O and U.S.M.C.     UO was my introduction into online gaming outside of MUDS and other textbased gamning, i was in heaven and have been ever since :P

98% of the teenage population does or has accepted Marijauna propoganda. If you are one of the 2% that thinks for yourselves and has read any of the many scientific studies that prove cannabis is harmless then please paste this in your signiture.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I quit in 2000 myself.Was on europa.

It did not start it all because merdian 59 was out there before it  but it did make the MMRPGs popular.

As for best of all time well matter of opinon i think EQ is better myself.