Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will my set up be able to run gw2 on maximum graphics?

ghostkilahghostkilah Member Posts: 3

hi everyone, i am planning on building a computer so i can play gw2! my computer is out of date so its about time haha

the specs for the computer i plan on building are:

intel core i3 processor

8gb ram

xfx ati radeon hd6770 1 gb graphics card

500gb hdd

500 watt psu

if that set up does not work would i have a better chance of playing on max graphics if i were to change the i3 processor to an i5?

any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Well...

I run:

i7

8Gb Ram

Geforce GTX 560 Ti

600W

120 SSD

And on max graphics I was still having some wierd stutters, frame drops and whatnot.  I'm not sure whether it's their optimizations or what at this point.  Didn't stop me from having fun but it was kinda wierd as I should have a pretty decent system.

• ghostkilahghostkilah Member Posts: 3
    would you suggest i upgrade the processor to an i5 or should i keep the i3 processor and just get a better graphics card?
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    At this time its not possible to say i am running i7/gtx 580 and wife i5 and gtx 580 but at the moment we are struggeling to keep 30 fps tho they say that its a known problem and that it will change in the future so better wait a few weeks and see if they did fix the performance problems .
  • sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by ghostkilah

would you suggest i upgrade the processor to an i5 or should i keep the i3 processor and just get a better graphics card?

Graphics card is always the most important for gaming.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• Tomm-eTomm-e Member Posts: 27
    Hhostkilah, No one can really help. First point, ArenaNet have stated the graphics in the beta weekend are not final and that the release graphics detail will be different, second point, ArenaNet stated they have not optimised the game yet, how well will they optimise the game? No one knows. Sorry, but feedback from the beta is not the correct information, but if you want any kind of information it is currently the best to go by.

stylin'

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Originally posted by Tomm-e

Hhostkilah, No one can really help. First point, ArenaNet have stated the graphics in the beta weekend are not final and that the release graphics detail will be different, second point, ArenaNet stated they have not optimised the game yet, how well will they optimise the game? No one knows. Sorry, but feedback from the beta is not the correct information, but if you want any kind of information it is currently the best to go by.

yeah all games go through a polishing phase as a final touch up, we won't be able to push our machines until release

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123

hi everyone, i am planning on building a computer so i can play gw2! my computer is out of date so its about time haha

the specs for the computer i plan on building are:

intel core i3 processor

8gb ram

xfx ati radeon hd6770 1 gb graphics card

500gb hdd

500 watt psu

if that set up does not work would i have a better chance of playing on max graphics if i were to change the i3 processor to an i5?

any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks for the help in advance.

Beef up your processor to atleast a i5 - 2400.  The i3 defnitely struggles when you push it... we use it for oure budget entry level laptops only.

8gb ram is fine.. but ram is cheap .. why not 16GB it?  ddr3

try get a 2GB card .. radeon hd 7870.  if you run high rez textures and you get into crowded places this will help out a lot.

ideally get a small solid state hard drive like 128GB and install your operating system and GW2 on that.  then also get the 500gb drive and copy most of your files such as movies and install programs on that.  if you have a bit of spare cash, get 2x 2TB drives (instead of the 500) and set it up as raid1 to give you some fault tolerance and a bit of extra room for storage.

get a quality power supply, thermaltake make some good ones.  try get a 750W, even though you dont need that much, you dont really want to run your PSU at more than half capacity.

and if you dont already, a big screen is a must! :) at least 32inches.  if you cant afford a monitor, a 1080p LCD TV will work just fine.

• ghostkilahghostkilah Member Posts: 3
    ohh okay i understand thanks for all the replys, i just wanted to build this computer before it gets released so once it comes out ill be able to play haha
  • LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123

ohh okay i understand thanks for all the replys, i just wanted to build this computer before it gets released so once it comes out ill be able to play haha

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/349153/page/1

looks like a good setup