Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BHS Introduces Premium Item Cash Shop for K-TERA

124»

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

/snip 

I got my 3rd and last bio midterm before my final next friday = also some stupid project due weds so its bitter sweet = o wait that sucks i hate bitter stuff and i don't like sweets -.-

and i want to SLEEP!!! Q_Q stayed up all night studying for chem test today total passed it but i can't sleep coz i got to pick class for next year akhfoiaehjfdakhfoiahdfjakdfoasjdfoiasd......

Ouch but you know it will be worth it, good for you and hang in there.  You'll get sleep... it just might not come for a while.

On topic,

TERA here in the west is a tricky thing.  We're being ported a game that has been out a year in Korea but is going through an extensive overhaul right before we release here.  On top of that we have a publisher that can actually change the game as they see fit, within reason.  While we see news reports from Korea about K-TERA we might not actually see the same thing... though maybe a variation of it.

If you want to know what's happning with W-TERA you should go to the EME website.  Don't assume that because you see it in K-TERA doesn't mean it will be here.  EME is trying to get the latest version of K-TERA, content wise, so I imgine they are frantic right now so things go smooth on May 1st.

passed out after picked my classes for 5hrs, tired still but now more hungry lol

I'm putting my faith in EME and hope they don't screw us over like other game compnay do. Its big and proabaly will determine their future as a publisher as well.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by rexzshadow

passed out after picked my classes for 5hrs, tired still but now more hungry lol

I'm putting my faith in EME and hope they don't screw us over like other game compnay do. Its big and proabaly will determine their future as a publisher as well.

Lol, wow, well hopefully you find a good groove of play time and school time, it's important to have some of both... without forgetting sleep, ha! I'm gettting back to school myself after 12 years.  One class last term and two this term to get prereqs for nursing.  You'd think being married with three kids would make it harder but it makes me segment my time better.  Good luck man image

Just not worth my time anymore.

Originally posted by BigBadWolfe

I remember a time were people judged games based on the quality of the content itself, and not all these superficial factors that have nothing to do with gamplay.

The rest I agree with but this sums it up.  People still judge MMOs this way though the number seems small indeed.  As the years go on and the titles go by, especially the F2P rampage, you'd hope that MMO fans would be able to see quality development.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Let's hate W-Tera because NCSoft which happens to be behind GW2 decided they should sue it's #1 competition during launch.

Are people *this* delusional?

TERA is in no way, shape or form GW2's number one competition.  

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by teakbois

I'd say that D3 is GW2 natural competitor atm.

However, lets not forget that NCsoft, the parent company of Anet has a personal vendetta going against the parent company of Tera. Whether it's justified or not is irrelevant and not for us to decide, however you can't dismiss the recent NCsoft actions. NCsoft wants Tera to do bad, that's a fact.

• They sued the company the second a launch was announced. Lawsuit will go nowhere (probably), but the potential bad press will keep some people away.

• They started a rather heavy marketing campaign after that, despite the fact that their game was not ready for release for at least six months.

• They've put their pre-orders for GW2 15 days before Tera launches.

• They've been trying to get a hold of media via their huge marketing department. The treatment this game got from gamebreaker.tv shills is a clear indication of their leverage on the game "press".

• Even on these forums, you can spot the paid shills that do nothing else that nitpick on any minor detail, whether it's an actual negative point or not is irrelevant.

So no, Tera is not a direct competitor to GW2 as a game, but NCsoft wants to see Bluehole dead and burried and they do everything they can to achieve it.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Let's hate W-Tera because NCSoft which happens to be behind GW2 decided they should sue it's #1 competition during launch.

As delusional as certain GW2 fans who think GW2 is the second coming of sliced bread. They're in for a reality check, again. History repeats itself and people don't seem to learn: pipe. the. eff. down.  

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by NBlitz

As delusional as certain GW2 fans who think GW2 is the second coming of sliced bread. They're in for a reality check, again. History repeats itself and people don't seem to learn: pipe. the. eff. down.  

The 2nd coming of sliced bread already happened, when someone discovered that pancakes make a better substitute for bread.

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my post. I was going to just ignore you but it's probably better I sit you down and explain what "during launch" means.  It means that Tera and GW2 are two MMOs that are launching relatively close to each other.  Which means that they are competiting for box sales in an MMO market. D3 is a good game but it's as much of an MMO as Skyrim, which means it's not an MMO.

It's not delusional to say Tera is GW2's #1 competition During Launch considering they are both Action-oriented MMOs releasing relatively close to each other.  It is delusional to compare two games based on their quality when people have not even played either.  Which is exactly what you just did.  But you are forgiven.

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you did have extensive play time of both GW2 and Tera and can give an unbiased opinion of the quality of both games, if so I would love to hear your analysis.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Heh, when I read the title i thought "British Home Stores introduces premium item cash shop for Korean Tera"

WTF has British Home Stores got to do with....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by cinos

Massive Trolling

okay we get it, you're a huge fan of GW2. 

Thank you for stopping by.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

From Tera site.

http://tera-europe.com/newsdetail/article/bonus-for-upgrading-and-existing-customers.html

The cash shop is coming soon i guess.

The eyepatch and the glasses are the same from the korean cash shop. My guess it's that it will come in europe too. They better have to leave the t-cat coins out of it

So because Frogster is offering extra perks to people who buy the game from thier own store using items the KTERA store sells separately on thier store that somehow means it's coming soon to EU? The article only talks about giving the items to people who purchase the game, you're assuming the rest.

Most likely yes and for NA as well as novelty items are kind of normal these days. As Knoxxer stated for NA, they have the same items KTERA sells but it's up to EME (and Frogster for EU) how they give them out.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    That was my personal guess. I'm not saying there will be a cash shop in Eu Tera but it's likely
  • KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by otacu

That was my personal guess. I'm not saying there will be a cash shop in Eu Tera but it's likely

I'm always amazed, and anoyed, by how far are you willing to go to bash this game. A game you are playing, from what you say.

And if they wanted to introduce a cash shop soon, they just handed for free half of the korean shop contet, to users who bought the game from them, smart move!