Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character slots

ZethapetaZethapeta Member UncommonPosts: 28
So, at the end, how many character slots were available (at least during the beta weekend))?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
  • BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240
    5 slots at start so you can play one for each race, also there are 8 clases so if you want to play them all you must buy more, and now you may think that its a trick so you buy more slots, well it may be, but think that each slot will cost arround 10$ so 3 are 30$ wich is the same you will pay in 2 months of a sub based game, and believe me, you wont need those 3 slots until you are finished wit the first five and that will take more than 2 months.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    This is a negative for me.  Five slots is inefficient to try out all the classes and race combinations.  I believe 10 would be ideal.
  • ZethapetaZethapeta Member UncommonPosts: 28

I trully believe 8 slots should be the minimum amount, specially because of PvP. But well, I guess people wouldn`t buy character slots if you already had 1 for each class.

And... how does it work if you want to create and delete character to try them in PvP... as people used to do in GW1?

Can you create a new character and directly acces to   the PvP areas?

The problem I find with creating and deleting character, compared with GW1, is that now you want to level the experience of the characters

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Zethapeta

And... how does it work if you want to create and delete character to try them in PvP... as people used to do in GW1?
    The problem I find with creating and deleting character, compared with GW1, is that now you want to level the experience of the characters

Yes you can create a new character and access PvP, I think you have to go through the initial PvE event, speed through that in a few minutes and take your character to the mists, start as you are in WvW with stats boosted to 80 or get fully leveled with all skills, gear and traits unlocked in structured PvP.

Five character slots is ample, one for each race is fine by me, I can easily see me wanting more but to start I'm happy. I think they got this one right, beyond box sales they need to make money to support the game and selling character slots is a pretty sure fire way to make some, I'm not going to begrudge them that.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I trully believe 8 slots should be the minimum amount, specially because of PvP. But well, I guess people wouldn`t buy character slots if you already had 1 for each class.

You can buy additional slots through the cash shop. You can buy gems with in game gold to spend in the cash shop. So ifit's really important to you, you can get them without spending any cash.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

You create a char and go trough the intro, takes a few minutes (only saw Charr and Human, but both are variations of "talk to someone - go a little bit forward fighting some enemies on the way - fight a big boss at the end), then as soon as you're in the regular world you can click on your character window, PVP tab and hit "be in the mists", that will take you to the PvP lobby where you can pick your weapons and your skills (all become available there) before heading off for a PvP match (like battlegrounds).

You can also go directly to a quick match directly from the PvP tab, but I preferred to go to the heart of the mists first to customize my skills bar, and there are several practice areas that teach you how to dodge and have practice golems and AI fighters to test your skills on.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    There have been 5 character slots in the past couple betas and the community seems content with that amount. We know that ArenaNet has to make money, yet be fair in the process. This seems fair to me. I'll buy 3 more, cause I will want one of every profession and that would be it. I won't be paying an ongoing fee and there's not much else in the cash shop I feel I'd need.