Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outlaw

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I just got out of the starting area and am level 11.  Got my preordered mount and started picking up quests.  One of the quests was to see this guy in the city.  I clicked on him and he offered me some type of outlaw scroll or something.  I didnt take it.

It was late an logged out. 

What is this?

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by outfctrl

I just got out of the starting area and am level 11.  Got my preordered mount and started picking up quests.  One of the quests was to see this guy in the city.  I clicked on him and he offered me some type of outlaw scroll or something.  I didnt take it.

What is this?

It's your PK skill.  You use like you would anyother skill but this one will red flag you.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I'm still having trouble understanding this concept.  So, does this one turn you red so you can attack players?  If so, what makes you purple?  Is that from attacking too many players?  And is this skill only usable on PvP servers?  I find it strange because aren't you automatically flagged on a PvP server when you go out into the world anyway?  

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by RebelScum99

I'm still having trouble understanding this concept.  So, does this one turn you red so you can attack players?  If so, what makes you purple?  Is that from attacking too many players?  And is this skill only usable on PvP servers?  I find it strange because aren't you automatically flagged on a PvP server when you go out into the world anyway?  

I think purple players are guilds that are in wars. So if a player is purple, his guild is in war with another guild. Could be wrong though.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by outfctrl

What is this?

It's your PK skill.  You use like you would anyother skill but this one will red flag you.

So if I dont take it, I can't gank, I mean PK, or does it mean I cannot be attacked?  I dont understand.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

On a pvp server it means without the skill the scroll give you, you can't instigate pvp, though you can still be attacked, you MUST get the scroll if on a pvp server, all guilds will expect you to have the skill.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Norpan

Originally posted by RebelScum99

I think purple players are guilds that are in wars. So if a player is purple, his guild is in war with another guild. Could be wrong though.

Nope you are 100% correct purple is guild v guild and I was begging my guildleader to declare war so I could be the pretty purple color.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by zevni78

On a pvp server it means without the skill the scroll give you, you can't instigate pvp, though you can still be attacked, you MUST get the scroll if on a pvp server, all guilds will expect you to have the skill.

Doesn't sound like there'd be any reason not to get the PVP scroll, as the PVP isn't consensual regardless right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Thank you!!

• ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233

The scroll is what turns your name red, saying I can now attack whoever I want.  It is a skill, and not permanent.

Now if you kill someone > 5 levels below you, you get infamy, which keeps your name red untill time or killing equal level mobs works it off.

Red = Dead, meaning that anyone can attack a red name.  White = alright, since you can only be attacked by a red name (unless of course your name is red).

TLDR, your name must be red to attack someone whose name is white, the outlaw scroll turns your name red.

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

Slight clarification, you can still instigate PvP gainst an outlaw player without a scroll. Still, no reason not to have it though.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Archaegeo

The scroll is what turns your name red, saying I can now attack whoever I want.  It is a skill, and not permanent.

Now if you kill someone > 5 levels below you, you get infamy, which keeps your name red untill time or killing equal level mobs works it off.

Red = Dead, meaning that anyone can attack a red name.  White = alright, since you can only be attacked by a red name (unless of course your name is red).

TLDR, your name must be red to attack someone whose name is white, the outlaw scroll turns your name red.

All this is correct but for those watching at home, the scroll simply gives you a hotkey ability for "outlaw mode" that is toggleable thereafter.

Just not worth my time anymore.