Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Poll: Your fav thing besides combat?

HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Hello fellow Arborean's!

It's poll time!

We all pretty much love the combat in Tera, so I thought id see what people are digging in Tera.

Feel free to leave a post and say what you love!

My vote is open world dungeons. they are deep and make the world feel so HUGE! I love it! Knowing this was in Kteras recent update makes me extremely happy because that means more of it to come! I want to see some bosses that take 40+ peeps outdoors.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

You didn't put

1) Castanics

2) Armor Design

among the options.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    it only gave me 10! it hates me!!!! sigh

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    The BAMs is so freaking awesome, and mobs in generall is superb. There are like 5-7 animation per mob. OK not all of them, but most, and it´s so facinating to figure out how they will attack etc so you can adapt and dodge etc. Truly epic.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Although its not on the list, I'll say it here, I like the trinity mechanics.  I was healing SM over the weekend and it felt good to keep those "cowboy" DPS alive despite themselves.  We didn't even have a proper tank (but we did have a Priest/Mystic) and we cleared everything with only one wipe.

Even the wipe only happened because "someone" said we didn't need to clear the final boss room first, alas the small adds that showed up to interupt the healers made the group pay for that mistake. (and with no tank to grab threat, the Zerker/Slayer couldn't  get  them off of us)

Only down side was the bickering between the 3 DPS over whose fault the wipe was,  the trash talk about each other, I'm amazed the group held together long enogh.

Now it might have just been a matter of poor timing, but after the run was all over, I was outside the instance and sent a message to the group thanking them for the run, and immediately saw a message on my screen telling me I had been kicked from the group.  image

Hey, the wipe wasn't my fault, blame the priest.  image

But seriously, I know it's old school and traditional, but hey I enjoy healing/buffing the group, it's what I really like to do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Def the T&A all the way baby,..
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143
    I like several of the things you listed here, but I definently like soloing BAMs more than anything else!!
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

insta-cast mounts. 

srs such a small thing, such a joy...

and the buffs you get from gathering craft nodes

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

I voted for Vanarch system because I'm curious to see how people will use their power as Vanarch. 

My second would be BAMS and third Visuals

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Kyleran

Although its not on the list, I'll say it here, I like the trinity mechanics.  I was healing SM over the weekend and it felt good to keep those "cowboy" DPS alive despite themselves.  We didn't even have a proper tank (but we did have a Priest/Mystic) and we cleared everything with only one wipe.

Even the wipe only happened because "someone" said we didn't need to clear the final boss room first, alas the small adds that showed up to interupt the healers made the group pay for that mistake. (and with no tank to grab threat, the Zerker/Slayer couldn't  get  them off of us)

Only down side was the bickering between the 3 DPS over whose fault the wipe was,  the trash talk about each other, I'm amazed the group held together long enogh.

Now it might have just been a matter of poor timing, but after the run was all over, I was outside the instance and sent a message to the group thanking them for the run, and immediately saw a message on my screen telling me I had been kicked from the group.  image

But seriously, I know it's old school and traditional, but hey I enjoy healing/buffing the group, it's what I really like to do.

The scenary is def something I love in this game, the whole world design is pretty well done, it feels massive!

On a side note Kyleran how are you finding the priest? I have gone out of my comfort zone ( usually only play melee characters ) to go priest for our group, fun so far, seems like it can hold its own in combat.

• phatleetphatleet Member Posts: 19
    En Masse Entertaiment.
  • SkeetzSkeetz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    The animation. After the craptastic animations in swtor anything would seem better.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I put open world dungeons.

Next would be the Bams. I actually like soloing these things.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I can't pick just one. Looks and runs good even on my so-so desktop computer?
    Yea, 10 options don't cut it. The game first sucks you in with it's beauty and immersiveness. The level of details, music shadows etc did an effective job of sucking me out of RL and into wonderland - it is in that aspect that the game recaptured that sensation I once felt the first month of my first MMO.

Once that gets you in you start with movement and character control. The way you have to fight gets that"you're there waiting on an opening, watching your opponent, dodging or blocking at the nick of time. The fluid way the camera follows you and responsiveness makes you feel "in there."

Gathering buffs.

Gear - Armors and weapons look phenomenal to the smallest detail. Fresh out of Conan and SWTOR it felt grand for your character to look awesome and fitting to the world instead of in rags or nerfherder outfits

Mount insta cast

When creating a character, you're not struggling with trying to NOT make your character bad looking, if anything you have to struggle to create a fuglilicious character. Even the Baraka had over 20 head options that looks like the designer took a week to paint each.

Barely any loading screens. There are 4-5 second loading screens when using a teleportal. But out in the world whether on foot or on a pegasus in hyperspace you remain inside, can see chat etc.

Popping a campfire in the city plaza and have some people come over, toss some buffs on it and sit down next to you. Just watching people walk after a long day on the field. Felt like I was on virtual Prague.

That's just to give an example how the sum of many little things that summed together make you want to not log out.

And- I had cut this into several paragraphs but when posted it appears as a wall of text. Sorry :/
  • Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629
    I voted for the scenery, and I was pretty surprised to see it being so popular. Some of the art in Tera is really amazing. I haven't stopped to take a screenshot while out questing for a really really long time, but I just can't help myself in Tera.
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Graphics..combat..waiting to see on Vanarch system. BAMs are cool to solo but I have no patience for how long it takes so I prefer a group..lol. Sound is really good but could use more ambient noise/sounds. I played AION for free over the past week to pass the time until TERA headstart and was really impressed with the sound and music there..probably some of the best ambient sounds and nearly the best music I've heard in any game. Actually AION itself wasn't bad at all and will be a good game for me to "vacation" to in between this..swtor and TSW (which will hopefully be good since I pre-purchased)
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    The instanced dungeons
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

If you have not gotten a chance to tank BAMs as a Lancer, put it on your bucket-list. Group ended up accidentally pulling 2 of those huge crab BAMs and trying to manage aggro while 2 BAMs are trying to maul your face is so awesome. Group pulled through, think only the sorc died (always seems like the Sorc dies...).

Every BAM fight for me as a Lancer tanking is like 3-5 minutes of pure adrenaline. BAMs +1

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

You know, I've been having a bit of a hard time managing more than a nasty baddie on my lancer. The creatures have this nasty AI that, even though I'm starting to get a feel for it pastiches move and dodge pretty fast.

The problem is when a nasty faces you and the other comes from behind. Blocking roots you and leaves you vulnerable to the guy behind. I try to maneuver so as to keep them both facing me, but they are like those raptors in Jurassic Park, which work in tandem to trap you.

Or one does it's distance charger and you go and pick it up, then the other goes after one of the healers. The size (and visual control) of the BAMS and their AI actually make them nothing to joke about.
  • KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Soloing BAM.

Landing the final blow after long minutes of dodging, striking and kiting, to see a rain of items drop on the floor is so rewarding :)

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Depending on your level as a Lancer you really need the +threat crystal, the +threat on the lance, +threat on your shield counter (glyph) and +threat on your autoattack (glyph). The Lancer doesn't just get "tank stance" and you produce threat like a boss, you have to specialize into it a bit. Also you can't just sit there with your shield out, have to deal damage to produce threat, but that's why its so challenging, moving around is difficult, blocking you have to stand still, and then you have to manage your mana (blocking uses mana) AND make sure you keep threat.... Lancers rule :)

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!  Oh, and my Castanic Archer.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by rav3n2

Originally posted by Kyleran

The scenary is def something I love in this game, the whole world design is pretty well done, it feels massive!

On a side note Kyleran how are you finding the priest? I have gone out of my comfort zone ( usually only play melee characters ) to go priest for our group, fun so far, seems like it can hold its own in combat.

I am playing a priesty as well, it is def a powerhouse of a class.  I am soloing everything so far no sweat.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    I put breathtaking scenary.  I'm a sucker for a lively, beautiful game world.  To me, it's one of the absolutes that I HAVE to have in an MMO.  My second choice would be BAMS.  Having world bosses roaming around that can actually be soloed by a skilled person of the same level is something no other MMO has.  This game has the coolest-looking mobs.
  • PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Open World PVP