Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Priest/Mystic PVP

RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

So since the forums are down for maintenance I thought this place was as good as any.

I am wondering what is everyone's thoughts on the role of Mystic/Priest in PVP from the perspective of the people that have or are currently playing them. 

The general jist from PVP videos on youtube, is that, both classes are pretty tough to kill due to the healing but can barely dish out any damage, will there be a way to sort of change the balance, lower your healing and boost your offensive abilities and vice-versa?

And finally what have been your PVP experiences and thoughts on any of the classes so far?

Comments

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

I haven't got high enough level on my mystic, but from what I've seen, you're not going to turn a healer into a power class. However, you may want to look into the glyphs and see what can be tweaked to your liking.

Here's a  mystic having some fun (warning, bad LOUD music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7kGK87bOg

• oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

Priest/Mystic can deal out damage, not like B/W/Sl, but not inconsiderable. However, the real killer comes from the P/M sleeping, poisoning, and otherwise debuffing the other team.

You can easily take down an opposing member or two in the time it takes sleep to wear off, and if you slept the priest, they have little healing/curing support. If the opposing priest is the only one left standing, they won't have much of a chance.

I forget what all Mystic gets, only played in early OBT, but it's an underrated class of a bunch of very useful stuff at 20+ from what I recall.

This is my experience at least, having only fought (and sent packing) a number of outlaws. I haven't seen much number crunching, but in this game, assuming a fair fight (similar levels and equipment), it comes down more to practice and disciplined response. YMMV.