Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: 5 Things People Are B*tching About

Comments

• saibat3saibat3 Member Posts: 5

guya go google error 21 and you will see poeple suffring on the forums

<------one of them

The dark shadow has spoken

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

The overflow issue was so annoying but I cant imagin they will release the game like that. Other then that I loved the game and Im sure I will play it alot when I need a break from TSW :) 

/Meow

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    My only real complaint is about the login issue. I was unable to play during friday and saturday took some patience in order to get in. Once in, I only experience one disconnect and a couple of lagspikes. Sunday was pretty smooth everything considered. All in all, it was a great experience. I wouldn't call the game the second coming of Christ, but it's certainly the best new MMO experience I've had in many years. Hard to say if it'll be as great at level cap but I'm pretty sure the journey there will be well worth the box price of the game and with no sub to worry about, it's not going to be so frustrating to me if it turns out that we have to sit around and wait while more end-game content is being developed. So all in all, I'm pretty positive about the game.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

So the big 5 issues are:

5) Beta

4) Personal taste

3) Small but genuine issue

2) One of the game's best features, only people complaining are people stuck in their ways.

1) Beta

So, only 1 of those 5 issues are actually issues at all! :D

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by Samhael

Guild cap = 100

That's probably going to kill it for me right there.

Is this true? Could someone confirm it for me pls?

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

I don't know what he is talking about I had maybe one lag spike the entire weekend.  I think that there are two problems that lead to lag in the most recently released MMO's.  The first is people are stupid and everyone wants to be on the server that says heavy traffic when they log in the first time.  I went to a medium server that got up to heavy later but never hit full like some of the others and there were people all over the place. 

Second is people with bad internet conections.  It doesnt just slow you down it increases the load on the server waiting for your responses and no matter how much they optimize thier system it slows us all down.  Good internet is really no more expensive than bad internet these days.  I don't mean high bandwidth I mean Using a provider like comcast of verizon that actualy provides you with 2MB when you buy 2MB.  If you dont have access to these providers in your town go start a petition because the only reason you don't is most likely corruption.

• LastKnight13LastKnight13 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I got to level 32 as an engineer. GW2 BWE1 was pretty awesome. :)
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Guild cap = 100

See ya on the other side :-D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by travamars

Originally posted by Thodra

Originally posted by Four0Six

Originally posted by eafreak

One Word... B E T A

It was. What was different about this beta?..you all PAID to be in it. A genious move by NC/ANet to turn the tables and instead of paying testers or letting them atleast test for free.

Please think before you post. Paid beta? lol no we paid for the game, and as a bonus, we'll get into the beta. Now we paid for the game, and we don't have to pay for it, at release

Yes you bought the game but you bought it this early so you could play the B E T A. So basicly you paid to play the beta.

I bought it this early for in-game shinies and to make sure I had a copy of the game at release. Others have their reasons as well. It seems the people raging over the beta are people that paid to be in the beta and expected something other than... beta.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

@travamars You are talking crazy this is standard practice among MMO's these days to reward pre-purchase.  The most logical reason is the people who pre-purchase games tend to be the most devote gamers in that game and go on to carry the community.

Originally posted by 4bsolute

Guild cap = 100

See ya on the other side :-D

Alts and mains show up as the same entry in a guild in GW2 so actualy 100 people not 60 people and a bunch of alts.  If you need over a 100 people in your guild than either they are inactive or you arent really interacting with all of them.  Form alliances and sister guilds to deal with people of different level groups and time zones ive never been in a game that needed more than 100 active players in a guild.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I love people listing counters to the flaws. Ah... people are funny sometimes in defending a game so blindly. Sure, some of those things listed are minimal (or can be 'discounted) but if you can't see the flaw in the game your fanboying over... well... glad EA has some easy targets out there. 

Is GW2 bad? No. 

Does it have flaws? Yes, and deny it all you want, your just talking straight from your posture section just as much as haters are making up complaints for a game that are nonexistant.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Oddly, no lag here except in a few big battles. (Of course, I live close to their servers...)
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Only valid concern out of the 5 is the overflow. Thye need to address that somehow because I want to be able to play with my guildies. I'm sure they will figure out something!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856
    I expected more detail from a mmorpg.com article and not a synopsis. You listed no examples. I can only assume a more comprehensive article is coming soon.

You left out the loading screens and instanced zones and no open world feel. HOW THE HELL did you leave out the running in WvWvW is beyond me? Repetitive nature of the dynamic events that started to repeat.

Originally posted by Purutzil

I love people listing counters to the flaws. Ah... people are funny sometimes in defending a game so blindly. Sure, some of those things listed are minimal (or can be 'discounted) but if you can't see the flaw in the game your fanboying over... well... glad EA has some easy targets out there. 

Is GW2 bad? No.

Does it have flaws? Yes, and deny it all you want, your just talking straight from your posture section just as much as haters are making up complaints for a game that are nonexistant.

Of course it has flaws.  Like the fact that if you make a female norse you have to sound like a 16 year old boy trying to make his voice sound deep. (kinda of reminds me of Mulan when she is Ping). 

But doesn't mean that people shouldnt discuss the merrits of real and false complaints.  Or would you prefer that all the GW2 fans should go spend all their time trash talking on SWTOR and TERA like several TERA fans I know do on these forums? Community is important it will make the game better having all these devoted fans arguing for it.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Thodra

Originally posted by Four0Six

Originally posted by eafreak

One Word... B E T A

It was. What was different about this beta?..you all PAID to be in it. A genious move by NC/ANet to turn the tables and instead of paying testers or letting them atleast test for free.

Please think before you post. Paid beta? lol no we paid for the game, and as a bonus, we'll get into the beta. Now we paid for the game, and we don't have to pay for it, at release

Genius spin, sir!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Character models in Gw2 are incredible.

Rift had the worst character models ever seen in my life.

• AftalifeAftalife Member Posts: 1

Issues that I had with this beta were;

1] Dodging, while it works well 1on1 it doesnt when theres more mobs, and most things either come in packs or aggro in a raduis, it made surviving ranged mobs stupidly challenging.

2] Chat, assuming 'Local' is ment to be a entire zone to encourage that community feeling, it makes saying things like 'hello, thanks, good work, and you suck' hard in a small area.

3] Reviving Someone, I often saw the symbol pop up when round people, and doing the right thing id rush in to save them by either killing there mob to help them rally, or simply revive. But then something else would aggro onto me, and trying to cancel saving someones life would cost mine cause getting away is to slow.

Prolly a few other small things, but cant think of anymore.

Game went really well otherwise, looking forward to the next one.

• EyktanEyktan Member Posts: 2
    Regardless we all are gonna buy the game, what difference is there if we pay for it now or later? Tell me, why not pay for it now for the added bonuses? I suppose you can look at it as we paid to be in the beta sure. But then does that mean we get the game for free at release?  You should think before you try and slam someone like us pre-purchase folk. Just sayin :)

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64
    It really was'nt that laggy, especially in Beta. I honestly think they did extremely well. My good expectations were met, not many games do that to me.
  • galdosgaldos Member Posts: 18
    Hopefully we will be able to play an Asuran character on the next beta, from what i heard they only needed to finish the voicing for that important female Asura, what was her name?
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    A lot of people are bitching about melee classes and dodging out of melee range and largely unavoidable ranged damage. But it seems to have been over looked in this article. Interesting.

All die, so die well.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by reignjuste

Character models in Gw2 are incredible.

Rift had the worst character models ever seen in my life.

I agree. My character looks great I thought.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/Falcomith/gw038.jpg 

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

wait what? people seriously didn't like the character models??  I don't know where the cartoony comment comes from, they're certainly closer on the side of idealized realism

they'd really rather have "realism" aka the uncanny valley garbage that bioware has been cranking out for years (bioware couldn't animate to save their lives either)