Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simply The Worst Way To Continue With A New Launch

SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Visiting Kahrun, AION’s New Server:

I played Aion from a trial account a few months back when they announced their truly free model.

Here is what I have experienced:

The server started with a bang. Too many players and too many new players promised of a populated server and a good gaming experience.

Knowing the game a little, I soon started with my Daeva Armor Strategy and made 5 toons. I started leveling them.

As soon as I hit 29ish and that will be 3 weeks from the beginning of the new server and all my toons are to hit 30 to get 5 pieces of the daeva armor, I received the Atreian Atlas “Kill Kromede Quest”

Here on I found the negative experience of this game building within me. The entrance to the portal for this quest is the “Kyola / Fire Temple”. Sometimes I see the entrance completely devoid of monsters and sometimes it is full with monsters way beyond level 29.

Yes, I used the hard right entrance and not the long straight one. I do an LFG and apply for a group and find the reality that Aion world has in store for it’s players.

I found the LFG guys or game world support guys depending on their shift timings actually are keeping the entrance of Kyola Temple free or full with monsters. As I have been playing mmos for quite sometime and I needed a confirmation, if they are players or support guys, I entered into a verbal PvP with them and made them aware that I know they are just doing a job and are not real world mmo players.

The conclusion was as expected. From then onwards on one of my toons I was always kicked out of the the LFG groups. No help was offered and the world chat where there are always spam of people selling this and that and forming parties soon seemed like just a ongoing continuous spam and there is nothing going on in reality.  

So, the world of Aion might look like a vibrant community of players but actually is just world chat spam and some support guys doing an occasional instance runs. Even the guilds are made by them and during the beginning of the server a few player made guilds were formed but soon the players found the game exceptionally time consuming and maintaining the guild by the leader seemed too costly with in-game gold.

With one of my toons where I acted as a noob verbally, I always received spam mails to buy kinah and all throughout the day and night and always there is kinah selling spam at world chat. Is the game company making a virtual economy of millions by spamming and on sideline selling kinah to players?

May be, we might never know. But NcSoft had been a favourite game company from “City Of Heroes” day and had a wonderful community but it seems the support guys have ruined it.

After playing for so many years it is not a problem for me to gauge the real players and the support guys from chatting a bit.

At the end, the game Aion is controlled from all aspects either from the game system or from the instances and LFG point of view. To be playing this nice game would have been fun if there were just real players.

I myself would appreciate a vast open world PvP with no support guys trying to control it. I know, then the population will be low for a game that huge but on the contrary there would be real players and not players like me getting raged because the support guys are spamming SALES and LFG and in reality unable to do what they spam.

Indeed NcSoft, I thought the game Aion had some future but if you start losing your player base for stupid ways to run and make and keep the world of Aion vibrant, you will eventually lose your players and then the game which is already at F2P will go dead.

This is not a flame post. This is just a post about my experience. I am an old mmo player and surely didn’t needed this kind of an experience into your free to play model. We thrive to make the games FUN not control and make a virtual vibrant community to sell kinah or an over inflated game economy.

Sorry mmorpg guys, I wish I could have written a better feedback after making 5 level 30 toons in three weeks and playing Aion rigorously but this is all the experience I have to share. It is a good game but spoiled with the company’s way of running it.

I am talking about North American Newly Launched server.

I wish there is a real player made Guild and I can continue playing Aion.

At max, I will be banned, my account will be banned, I will be locked away, but I will not restrain from writing the logical truth.

Cheers
Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

Comments

• MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49
    i agree with you m8!
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

There are no mobs in front of the FT entrance. And you do not need to do an entrance quest anymore.

Cant say I have come across any of the things you mentioned.

Only see 1 email spam every few hours. Just like every other game on the market.

Sounds like the game wasn't for you and you just wanted to bash a game which is the cool thing to do by MMO players who are all about ME.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Soandsoso

There are no mobs in front of the FT entrance. And you do not need to do an entrance quest anymore.

Only see 1 email spam every few hours. Just like every other game on the market.

Sounds like the game wasn't for you and you just wanted to bash a game which is the cool thing to do by MMO players who are all about ME.

That's what I experienced as well.

And any guy that uses the phrase 'verbal PvP'... well... lol

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Things have changed is what I have found too. 

I like the game and I am still playing. 

Just that I do not write just LFG,

I write LFG and no nonsense please.

I am never rude until and unless you make me be that way.

Yes,

The game is good and I am playing it with an attitude of about me only.

See you in the game.

Note:- "I didn't bash the game, I just wanted to make it better for other people and this Kicking out of team and whatever should get a pause"

By the way, at 30 with a full deavan armor set , I can now clear my way into temple portal. But I wonder, How many have that 5 piece daevan armor set in the new server or what is their possibility to get into FT at 29 and do the alterian atlas quest to take on abyss? Let's be a bit caring. Aion is a social game and we are there as players to help each other not to comment "Noob" and smile and kick them from parties. That is a harsh way to deal with your player base and community.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Originally posted by Vesavius

That's what I experienced as well.

And any guy that uses the phrase 'verbal PvP'... well... lol

Yep,

Verbal PvP, 

You should try it.

If people can use guild chat to spam love problems and world chat to spam their rabbits had a pair of babies, 

What is bad in verbal PvP with logic skill and psychology armor ?

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Im new to Aion too and i really like it. Im having problem sometimes finding a mentee to do my daily and i go to the area theres a lot of lowbies there i pm them they never reply is like they are ghosts, i think they are bots. After speaking repeating the same thing like 15 times i finally found a real player who will respond and talk and be a normal human, thats when i can complete the quest, yes i give incentive :)

About LFG, yes i agree too much spam, and sometimes also too much requirement, "geared templar for dark poeta", how come geared templar? how about the new players not everyone is a old player, have tons of money to buy gears or is a twinkie.

I havent done the atlas fire temple yet, why?, im lvl 51, nobody want me in their group if i dont mentor but i need to get drops for the quest from kromede, but everyone is soo greedy about exp gold and loot. Community is very greedy and the nice people arent helping anymore because they hatred towards the free 2 play newcomers. Also when i was lvl 30-37 (at lvl 39 they dont want me in their party already) and there where drops i could never get my hands on them.

Reasons:

1. I wear chain (the drop was for other class and since i come from DC Universe where you cant roll on something that does not belong to YOU) i pass the roll because im not greedy to steal something that does not belong to me.

2. There was a drop for me but a mage or someone else that cant even wear it roll it and got higher roll and stole the drop from me. (This happens 95% of the time i play Aion even in different instances like SR, theobomos lab etc) Mages love to roll on everything and they have a higher roll number most of the time.

- This makes me want to quit badly, im lvl 51 and my gears rea extremelly nub, extremelly undergeared because of many thiefs in game, greedy selfish people. No since im new no i dont have many friends to run instances with.

Hope: Guild Wars 2 is coming.

Originally posted by Zoyita

Im new to Aion too and i really like it. Im having problem sometimes finding a mentee to do my daily and i go to the area theres a lot of lowbies there i pm them they never reply is like they are ghosts, i think they are bots. After speaking repeating the same thing like 15 times i finally found a real player who will respond and talk and be a normal human, thats when i can complete the quest, yes i give incentive :)

About LFG, yes i agree too much spam, and sometimes also too much requirement, "geared templar for dark poeta", how come geared templar? how about the new players not everyone is a old player, have tons of money to buy gears or is a twinkie.

I havent done the atlas fire temple yet, why?, im lvl 51, nobody want me in their group if i dont mentor but i need to get drops for the quest from kromede, but everyone is soo greedy about exp gold and loot. Community is very greedy and the nice people arent helping anymore because they hatred towards the free 2 play newcomers. Also when i was lvl 30-37 (at lvl 39 they dont want me in their party already) and there where drops i could never get my hands on them.

Reasons:

1. I wear chain (the drop was for other class and since i come from DC Universe where you cant roll on something that does not belong to YOU) i pass the roll because im not greedy to steal something that does not belong to me.

2. There was a drop for me but a mage or someone else that cant even wear it roll it and got higher roll and stole the drop from me. (This happens 95% of the time i play Aion even in different instances like SR, theobomos lab etc) Mages love to roll on everything and they have a higher roll number most of the time.

- This makes me want to quit badly, im lvl 51 and my gears rea extremelly nub, extremelly undergeared because of many thiefs in game, greedy selfish people. No since im new no i dont have many friends to run instances with.

I feel for you. Yes there are people who roll for everything. I have also noticed that. I played a bit of guild wars 2 and I can say that being a new game compared to Aion, it will take some time to be as polished as Aion is after 5 years. 

The problem I face nowadays is in abyss. I just get killed by a group of asmos most of the time. It is frustrating and might be one of the reasons why Aion failed to get population as a P2P. Abyss part of the game is a new concept which went realy bad for the developers. I cannot point at anything, I like about abyss. Whatever it is, it is a game and now with this being F2P, I will keep it as a casual playing game.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

PvP happened in the abyss.......how dare they.

And unless you have a thick skin or are willing to show some patience there are alot of douche bags on the new server, but there are also alot of nice players. Just need to weed through the riff raff till you find your home.

Originally posted by Sourajit

Reasons:

I feel for you. Yes there are people who roll for everything. I have also noticed that. I played a bit of guild wars 2 and I can say that being a new game compared to Aion, it will take some time to be as polished as Aion is after 5 years. 

The problem I face nowadays is in abyss. I just get killed by a group of asmos most of the time. It is frustrating and might be one of the reasons why Aion failed to get population as a P2P. Abyss part of the game is a new concept which went realy bad for the developers. I cannot point at anything, I like about abyss. Whatever it is, it is a game and now with this being F2P, I will keep it as a casual playing game.

Hey but what are you doing in abyss? get to lvl 45 first then go spam dredge you get 3k+ abyss points even if you loose, 2 times a day. Dont go abyss alone or rift alone. Grind up to lvl 45 and abyss points will come available easy... plus new server means no twinkies? or can they still twink? like move gears etc from current server to new?

Reasons:

Hey but what are you doing in abyss? get to lvl 45 first then go spam dredge you get 3k+ abyss points even if you loose, 2 times a day. Dont go abyss alone or rift alone. Grind up to lvl 45 and abyss points will come available easy... plus new server means no twinkies? or can they still twink? like move gears etc from current server to new?

I go to abyss and start grinding in some island. I just wait for a PvP to be honest. At 31, I almost sometimes kill my opponents. Just for fun. Rather than rifting and finding asmos, it is easier to go to some island near their fort and wait for them to come. If they do not come, I just make 13 - 22 abyss points per kill. It is an advantage for me from both sides. I get killed and I return and start doing the usual. I have nearly 4k HP as a sorcerer while the damage is not much at 31. I do not find the urgent need to level. Just playing for fun.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

PvP happened in the abyss.......how dare they.

And unless you have a thick skin or are willing to show some patience there are alot of douche bags on the new server, but there are also alot of nice players. Just need to weed through the riff raff till you find your home.

Yeah !!!

PvP happened in abyss.

An usual player will say,

Let's not PvP and save AP but not a support.

I love this WAR.

Note:- "Sarcasm has always extracted attention from the sarcastic"  

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

Theres a new pvp event this week with rewards and just so you know, if you rift is better AP you get a lot more than in abyss.

Theres a new pvp event this week with rewards and just so you know, if you rift is better AP you get a lot more than in abyss.

That means this weekend there will be asmos in elyos land and elyos in asmo land. This event seems meaningless at my level. But will have fun. Though teams of PvPer's are impossible for the lonely solo players. I wish there would have been a more meaningful event announced.

On a note, the event would have been better if higher levels are not allowed to form a team while rfited and lower levels are allowed to form a team while rifted. That way a higher level team would have not got the advantage and the lower level players had some chance to gain ap.

That way we have better balance and more of a meaningful event where the lower level players have a chance to gank the higher level players or fight teams of lower level gankers and higher level players do not have the advantage of going wild with a wild killing spree.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

That means this weekend there will be asmos in elyos land and elyos in asmo land. This event seems meaningless at my level. But will have fun. Though teams of PvPer's are impossible for the lonely solo players. I wish there would have been a more meaningful event announced.

On a note, the event would have been better if higher levels are not allowed to form a team while rfited and lower levels are allowed to form a team while rifted. That way a higher level team would have not got the advantage and the lower level players had some chance to gain ap.

That way we have better balance and more of a meaningful event where the lower level players have a chance to gank the higher level players or fight teams of lower level gankers and higher level players do not have the advantage of going wild with a wild killing spree.

You do know that rifting is a level range. It doesn't just let high level players into lower level zones.

For the most part there is an alternative path that you can follow that will keep you out of the pvp areas.

Don't play alone. If you do expect to find pvp. If you don't like it than gear up so you can fight back.

Its all up to you and the commitment you want to put into it.

Best advice I can give, just pick yourself up.....brush off the dirt and accept it will happen. When you turn the tables and kill a rifter it will feel amazing.

Also, create a second chat window and drag it somewhere you can see. And only set it to show enemy actions. You will see there abilities go off before they are close giving you enought time to react most of the time.

haha yesterday was a team of like 20 lowbies lvl 25-40 on Fire temple Elyos side waiting outside the rift to gank the asmos xD and same on the asmos side, it is worth it to pass to the other side because theres a daily 1 time entrance reward i believe xD

im 2 star officer i should try to pass and see what the reward is xD

haha yesterday was a team of like 20 lowbies lvl 25-40 on Fire temple Elyos side waiting outside the rift to gank the asmos xD and same on the asmos side, it is worth it to pass to the other side because theres a daily 1 time entrance reward i believe xD

im 2 star officer i should try to pass and see what the reward is xD

Sounds Interesting.

Will do it.

Finding the game very interesting post levels 32.

At the moment playing with 7 characters and the deeper I go into crafting and abyss, the better the gameplay becomes.

Aion is really challenging once you start getting the hang of the things.

It is not an easy game but is one of the best F2Ps out there.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi