Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for free to play MMORPG

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I have been messing around with FPS and RPGs lately and would like to spend a bit of time in a MMORPG for a bit.

I just want something I can jump in and out of so a themepark is probably best. 

Grouping is a big plus. I would much prefer to group and have some way to actually start them.  It does not need to be an ingame tool.  If the game is group centric (good luck with that one) that would be great.

I am probably only going to play for a month or two.

I have not played nearly as many FTP games as a lot of people.

I have played Perfect World, STO, DCUO, and ROM.  Not really looking to play either of those.

I have been thinking about LOTRO, but not sure it is for me.  Any thoughts? 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Forgot to add one thing; deep character development would be a huge plus.  I don't mean the way the cahracter looks.  I mean the skills/powers/attacks/crafting ect. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• F5MinutesF5Minutes Member Posts: 59

Give champions online a look at :)

Its F2P, have HUGE character customisation, and weps, skills, everything your asking for.

Not sure how the gameplay is now, but when i played it before it had a quick in and out system.

But hey, its free to play, no harm in trying :D

STEAM PAGE

MAIN PAGE

Have fun!

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    I'd say follow your guy and go with LOTRO, its really fun and there are a TON of ways to customize and make your character unique. Plus, of all the MMOs i've played, free or not, it has one of the best worlds to play in and explore.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by merv808

I'd say follow your guy and go with LOTRO, its really fun and there are a TON of ways to customize and make your character unique. Plus, of all the MMOs i've played, free or not, it has one of the best worlds to play in and explore.

I love LOTRO but it's missing conventional PvP and I really enjoy that. The game itself has awesome graphics and lore.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

It is lacking in the PVP department, luckily, thats never been important to me. I'm thinking its not important to the OP either, as they didn't list it in the requirements
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Aion just went F2P this month

I know it's an asian WoW clone, beyond that....Don't know.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I think I might give LOTRO and then AION a shot. 

PvP FTP games tend to be a bit more unbalanced IMO. 

Thanks for the responses so far.  Are both of these games class based?

--John Ruskin

Originally posted by MMOman101

I think I might give LOTRO and then AION a shot. 

PvP FTP games tend to be a bit more unbalanced IMO. 

Thanks for the responses so far.  Are both of these games class based?

yeah, pretty much. Although I played AION for like a week when it was new, I really don't remember much about it. Probably not a good sign