Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talking about MMO's = Trolling?

Alright, so let me get this straight..

Threads that ask honest questions about the current F2P state of MMO's are considered 'trolling' now?

I asked an honest, simple question.   No 'trolling' or menace or spite or bad feeling attatched, at all.

I asked about Rift going free to play in the future.  I was curious.   I asked the community about it,  if any of you had heard anything.

The very next response itself was a blatant personal attack that I shrugged off with a smile.  

....and yet.. the thread was immediatley deleted,  and I was the one issued a warning.

Please help me understand the logic of this.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    I won't give my opinion but I will suggest you delete this thread. You will be warned/banned for discussing moderation.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    They need to stop moderating these forums for anything other than racism or what not. I just hate how it works where if the fanbois hate your thread you get loads of people reporting you and you'll get banned. It's just a dumb system. 
  • JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    Yeah. In my opinion, there needs to be more consistency with the warnings but no, I haven't heard of the game going F2P. Probably because it still has a pretty healthy sub base.
  • jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Yeah I think the MMORPG mods are a bit jaded by the amount of troll posts they recieve and just seem to make poor judgement calls on locking alot of threads and deleting peoples posts.

ITs sad really cause if your a "Good Troll", meaning you play the game like your trying to make a point but really every post is totally loaded and biased you dont get banned or locked. But then when someone is straight and direct in response to trolling they get locked instead.

I just think the mods need to read between the lines or just stop locking peoples posts all togehter cause its honestly not being used effectively. With the recent GW2 hate threads too its just gotten abit ridiculous because im amoung many of the other people trying to make posts that have a point and that cut the crap and yet im the one getting warnings and locked threads, and i think you can tell by the way i write that im not trying to get under anyones skin. Which again just kind of goes along with reading between the lines, and im not saying for every post, but if its multiple times even in the same thread, just ban the troll!