It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Sharing a thought I had over on TSW
1) US Federal government develops and maintains huge database on US citizens.
2) Supreme Court finds against the US government and orders the database to be shut down.
3) US Government pulls run around around the US Supreme Court, and privatizes it's database by " giving " the database to US corporation Choicepoint, for a direct government access point into the database FBI.choicepoint.com
4) Choicepoint in global sercurity seminar with world security firms including the FBI, NSA, FEMA, and the Secret Service discuss the future of world security including the use of something called " social internet" whereby citizens will unwittingly and unknowingly compile and maintain extensive databases upon themselves that world security can co-op to keep covert tabs on their own citizens and their citizens thoughts and feelings.
5) Choicepoint runs into some media and legal issues making them very public and under close scrutiny, secret funding dries up.
6) Facebook emerges and expands overnight with huge amounts of undisclosed funding, millions flock to facebook worldwide freely posting tons of private personal information about themselves.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.
Hmm let's take it a step further, an mmo is developed that is about secret world orders, conspiracies, and alternate history. A game targeted at and sure to attract a certain segment of the population, dissenters, free thinkers, revolutionaries, conspiracy nuts.
Then that mmo requires us to register ourselves on that gestapo database site...
Makes you wonder just how deep the rabbit hole goes.