Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

makes me want to pick it up again, until i realize that what i hate about the game has not changed.

My biggest beef with the game is all the so called raids are small group instance runs. wheres the open world raids, open world bosses, some instance raids are fine some small group raids are fine, but too much of ONE thing is a BAD thing.

EDIT: theres a part of me that still has a shred of hope that when an expansion comes it will raise the level cap and add an XI'ish type of end-game.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I enjoy the 8 person content in FFXIV (raids) more so than the 20+ person content in other games....

To each his own... I really can't wait for 2.0... Yoshi-P has made me a believer.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Originally posted by toddze

makes me want to pick it up again, until i realize that what i hate about the game has not changed.

My biggest beef with the game is all the so called raids are small group instance runs. wheres the open world raids, open world bosses, some instance raids are fine some small group raids are fine, but too much of ONE thing is a BAD thing.

EDIT: theres a part of me that still has a shred of hope that when an expansion comes it will raise the level cap and add an XI'ish type of end-game.

Well there is alliance content planned for the release of 2.0, so you don't have to wait for an expansion.

Also as for open world HNM, elder primals such as Odin (as shown in the 2.0 outline)

are planned as open world roaming mobs, at or near 2.0's launch, which once defeated grant the free company who killed it a one time, extremely powerful summon.  So it is content like this where many of us, who share your concern about primarily instanced content, hope to find our endgame PvE competition.

The reason the current game does not have alliance content, or competitive endgame at the moment is due to limitations in the server/engine infrastructure, character limits, and server load (which is why the areas outside of the current instances are much less stable than the instances themselves).