Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple Questions About L2

ApsylumApsylum Member Posts: 202

I played in OB and thought it was pretty fun, but I have a few questions about playing now.

1) Is it too late to start? Is everyone already some extremely high level and are there no noobs around to level with?

2) If you played OB, name ONE of your favorite changes from OB to the Current State of the game.

3) How many people play? Are the servers pretty active?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

1) Is it too late to start? Is everyone already some extremely high level and are there no noobs around to level with?

There are still lower lvls. Many people reroll too. In my server, Gludin has like 20-30 people so you can still buy and party with people at lower lvls.

2) If you played OB, name ONE of your favorite changes from OB to the Current State of the game.

A LOT MORE CONTENT! Seven Signs, Castle Seiges, more land to go to, manor system, etc.

3) How many people play? Are the servers pretty active?

Very active now. Bartz is usually always full(there is an indicator now). My server, Erica, is starting to become Normal a lot and so are many others. So, yes they are a lot of people.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• EsorllehEsorlleh Member Posts: 129

1. Never too late :) . It'll be lonelier than during OB for sure but once you're around lvl30 you should find plenty of people to group with. They also added bunch of functions to make it easier for new players, like free buffs and exchangeable weapons.
    And then at lvl52 a.k.a. 'when the real game starts' you can safely say you've caught up. Most major clans list 52 as their recruitment requirement.

2. ONE? Since OB?? But that is so long ago lol.. I guess I'd have to say Castle Sieges.

3. Bartz is very active. I hear Teon has a lot of European rerolls (it's a newer server with European siege times). Sieg and Kain aren't bad either. Rest of the servers are getting deserted so I suggest you choose one of those four.

Hope that helps ^.^

MMO Fav List:
    Lineage 2 | 5x Silver Ranger, 7x Shillien Elder <- Active
    WoW | 6x Rogue, 1x Priest
    Anarchy Online | 8x MetaPhysicist
    Saga of Ryzom | Matis Light Armourer

Waiting for: Age of Conan, Lineage 3

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

As others have pointed out, it is never too late to start.

Bartz has the most people (actually... first 3 servers have the most people) and might be a good place to start.

the first character to get to (or is it over?) lvl 5 gets Noob buffs and rewards (like trading in your weapon, free shots etc)

The game's interface looks a lot different in several respects. However... it still is the same interface and there is no rebinding of keys, applying your favorite skin etc.

The game still has a hard grind but in some ways it has been made easier with grouping xp bonuses. The sieges are very fun. There is also the 7 signs festival between Castle Owners and non landed players.

Tower of Insolence is neat in my opinion. Blazing Swamp is very cruel. used to be a puddle. Now it looks like Hell.

Quests still suck in my opinion. But the game isn't about quests.

Graphics are great.

Try it out.. what do you have to lose. Just remember that the noob areas are a bit light.. no matter where you are, so you will have to lvl to late 20's to get to where the lower lvl players are. Also... Dion seems to be the most populated lower lvl area, followed by Gludin. Gludio, which used to be packed, is a ghost town now.

Some of this might change in C4 when they change to 64 bit servers and can reposition the mobs again.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ApsylumApsylum Member Posts: 202

Thanks for the quick responses! I think I played on Bartz in OB too, so I guess I'll try that out, because it sounds like lots has changed and there are lots of people... so I see no reason not to try it :)

I got one more question... do I have to buy the expansions (Chronicles?) or do I download them or what? Because the only thing I can find to BUY is what looks like the Original L2 for 19.99.

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

You dont buy the Chronicles, they are free.
    I would recommend purchasing a key online and downloading the client (if you have broadband). The client you can download on their website is the complete version all the way up to C3.
    If you buy the box you wont realy be getting much. Just an out of date CD, a booklet that lacks most information you want to know, and several hours of patching to look forward to (those Chronicles are HUGE updates). I'm not kidding either, you'll do yourself a favor by downloading/installing the complete client, then you'd have maybe an hour of patching.

Yeah, but the key is 50$ and the CD is 20$. Would it be possible to start DLing it now, since I won't get the CD for a bit, then when I get it use the CD Key it came with?

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

That would work out perfectly ::::28::
    You'll have the game, the key, and a brand new coaster (the CD) ::::02::
    But the $50 for the key online?? thats ridiculous.

Originally posted by spookytooth
    That would work out perfectly ::::28::
    You'll have the game, the key, and a brand new coaster (the CD) ::::02::
    But the $50 for the key online?? thats ridiculous.

haha, I'll make sure I use it as a coaster :P

And yeah, I wasn't sure why it was 50 for JUST a key and it was 20 on all the other sites that they listed to buy the box.

Anyway, thanks for the help, if I got anymore questions I'll ask them here ::::02::