Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shame on Tasos Flambouras.

ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Today we got informed that Tasos Flambouras (creator of Darkfall) will be a candidate of the greek political party PASOK. The party that totally destroyed Greece the past 2 - 3 years and definitely had a bad impact in greece the past decades. It's the most corrupted political party in Greece and in Europe as well. It's too bad to hear that a man who tried hard to accomplish his dreams now he is getting involved in a party that had destroyed and will destroy other peoples' dreams.. Really shame on that betrayer...

The elections will happen in 2 weeks (6th of May) and politicians started lying again, and now Flambouras is officialy a LIAR..

What's worse? They keep on closing our threads on Darkfall forums which have to do with this subject. Just fuck you.

You started as an indy and now you are the biggest bastard in gaming history, I personally cancelled my subscription on Darkfall and will not really get involed in Darkfall 2. what he did was just too much... He was a liar and now he wants to make it official, stupid betrayer...

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The entire global economic system is imploding, just enjoy gaming while you can lol.

You can't stop this train.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

[mod edit]

I think you need to keep your politics out of your gaming, or you will find a link to something you hate with every company.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

LOL, with his mastery of "spin" I think he makes a perfect politician.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

From Darkfall to a political party. Wow.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Zekiah

The entire global economic system is imploding, just enjoy gaming while you can lol.

Exactly!!

Sadly most people are either too ignorant, or too ambivelent to realize how close we really are to a total collapse of everything they know or have ever known.

Let them wake up tomorrow in a world where money has lost all value and overnight so many problems we think are so huge will suddenly be resolved for us.

Overpopulation? Pfft half the population will be dead in a month..

Energy? Hope you have lots of wooden furniture to stay warm..

Food? Rover? Spot? here boy I have a big surprise for you....  lol guess that solves the spay or neuter your pet problem too.

Healthcare? Hope you been stocking up all those left over antibiotics they will be more valuable than gold.

However on a positive note as a gamer most of us have become pretty desynthesized to violence that will become a necessity to survive and strive, just hope some of you have some more desirable skills as well.

Personally I have a deep water well with a wind generator and pump, a hydroponic garden, and a pottery kiln, skills I have some basic first aid, knowledge of herbs and plants, pottery, some basic smithing, fishing and marine expertise, sailing,  and Im good to excellent with a bow.

If you live in a co-op in NYC and your skills are sexting, clothes shopping, and the ability to hail a cab in under 30 seconds... well I wish you all the best.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

I think you underestimate the ability of our 'leaders' to keep the bullshit train going Sorrow. I don't disagree we are close to the edge so to speak, but we probably won't see anything major like that happen in our life-time.

How is Darkfall these days, I switched over to the US servers some years ago but other interests took over and I never really followed how the game has developed (or not).

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Originally posted by Sorrow

Exactly!!

Sadly most people are either too ignorant, or too ambivelent to realize how close we really are to a total collapse of everything they know or have ever known.

Let them wake up tomorrow in a world where money has lost all value and overnight so many problems we think are so huge will suddenly be resolved for us.

Food? Rover? Spot? here boy I have a big surprise for you....  lol guess that solves the spay or neuter your pet problem too.

Healthcare? Hope you been stocking up all those left over antibiotics they will be more valuable than gold.

However on a positive note as a gamer most of us have become pretty desynthesized to violence that will become a necessity to survive and strive, just hope some of you have some more desirable skills as well.

Personally I have a deep water well with a wind generator and pump, a hydroponic garden, and a pottery kiln, skills I have some basic first aid, knowledge of herbs and plants, pottery, some basic smithing, fishing and marine expertise, sailing,  and Im good to excellent with a bow.

If you live in a co-op in NYC and your skills are sexting, clothes shopping, and the ability to hail a cab in under 30 seconds... well I wish you all the best.

Everyone should go buy thousands of cans of food and bottles of water!  It's Y2K v. 2.012!   Of course it would be easier and cheaper to get an assault rifle and a dune buggy...

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Ehh.... this party actually suits him well.  Tasos is a master at lying and always has!

Think the people that are still around here, who followed DF's development for almost a decade know what a joker the man is.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I live really really close (within a mile) to a national guard depot...I kinda hoping for the an apocolypse of sorts, zombie or otherwise.   knowing my luck though..it will be abandoned and empty with no food or guns or anything.

As far as the  OP, meh..the weaker the Euro..the stronger the dollar  b(^^)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by apocoluster

I live really really close (within a mile) to a national guard depot...I kinda hoping for the an apocolypse of sorts, zombie or otherwise.   knowing my luck though..it will be abandoned and empty with no food or guns or anything.

As far as the  OP, meh..the weaker the Euro..the stronger the dollar  b(^^)

Logically , sadly the FED has had the damn presses in GA running non stop printing new worthless currency for the last 3 years, they just keep making more and more money to try and convince us that we havent run out when really we have.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Exactly!!

Meh, I've given up trying to talk to friends and family about what's coming, you might have as well.

Until the fridge is empty of barley pop and the internet goes down, all is well. 

Party on Garth!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Any link to these information ?

The paerty who destroyed  Greece is Nea Demokratia btw. PASOK couldn't but ask for help from EU after they realized how big the mess is that ND left after 5 years of their vandalism.

After Mr. Karamanlis  (the former leader of ND) realized what he did to greece he deserted from the fronline and left everything for others to fix. What is a shame is that thecurrent leader of ND Mr. Samaras still accept him in his party and not put him in jail.

Fact is the party that lied to whole europe and send the wrong statistics to EUstat for 6 years  has been the party of nea dimokratia (ND). 

Mr. Flambouras is a liar nevertheless, but for other reasons ;)  

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

The paerty who destroyed  Greece is Nea Demokratia btw. PASOK couldn't but ask for help from EU after they realized how big the mess is that ND left after 5 years of their vandalism.

After Mr. Karamanlis  (the former leader of ND) realized what he did to greece he deserted from the fronline and left everything for others to fix. What is a shame is that thecurrent leader of ND Mr. Samaras still accept him in his party and not put him in jail.

Fact is the party that lied to whole europe and send the wrong statistics to EUstat for 6 years  has been the party of nea dimokratia (ND). 

Official link (I hope you are greek).

Also I can't believe you fucking support PASOK, firstly only to take a look at the  two-party system PASOK and New Democracy have the same fucking responsibilities. And ofc PASOK could make different decisions than being a servant  of Europe, IMF and Memorandum. The politics that PASOK followed that past 2 years are even worse than ND, because ND actually stole peoples' money, they didn't enforce Memorandum or other taxes - what PASOK did, which not only stole money but enforced all that failures. See, Mr.Tzoxatzopoulos is going to jail now for stealing 15 million euros from the greek folks. And he could be the present president of Pasok and of Greece if he had 1 (just one) more vote than Papandreou. 

Also why don't you blame Simitis and Papadhmos for letting Greece in EU with fake statistics? You fucking wanted Europe and ND supported that with every chance - I can't see why you blame them.

The fact is that the past 2 years are the worse years in Greece after the war, both PASOK and ND are corrupted and lied.  They have same responsibilities and liabilities, but PASOK was the actual goverment.

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)

Well, I'm not really sure whether you can or cannot stop this train, but I'm sure that you cannot support it.

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

So he is the Greek equivolent of a Republican?

I think you need to keep your politics out of your gaming, or you will find a link to something you hate with every company.

I'm not actually sure about the Republicans, but I think that New Democracy is more equivolent. And by the way, New Democracy is the other political party that corporated with PASOK and they destroyed Greece.

Yeah I see your point, but this is not just politics. Flambouras was a guy that I admired and knew (met him once and had a talk with him) and thought he wasn't such an idiot and a betrayer. Thanks to PASOK my father lost his job and the income of my family is almost cut by half - so noway I can support such a bastard ( tl;dr it's personal).

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Manasu

Official link (I hope you are greek).

Also I can't believe you fucking support PASOK, firstly only to take a look at the  two-party system PASOK and New Democracy have the same fucking responsibilities. And ofc PASOK could make different decisions than being a servant  of Europe, IMF and Memorandum. The politics that PASOK followed that past 2 years are even worse than ND, because ND actually stole peoples' money, they didn't enforce Memorandum or other taxes - what PASOK did, which not only stole money but enforced all that failures. See, Mr.Tzoxatzopoulos is going to jail now for stealing 15 million euros from the greek folks. And he could be the present president of Pasok and of Greece if he had 1 (just one) more vote than Papandreou. 

Also why don't you blame Simitis and Papadhmos for letting Greece in EU with fake statistics? You fucking wanted Europe and ND supported that with every chance - I can't see why you blame them.

The fact is that the past 2 years are the worse years in Greece after the war, both PASOK and ND are corrupted and lied.  They have same responsibilities and liabilities, but PASOK was the actual goverment.

The fact that noone from ND has gone to jail is because Mr. Karmanlis closed the parliament. Did you foget that ?

How can someone take such a anti democratic measure like close the parliament and set it out for 4 months just to cover the crimes of his party. Forgot Mr. Rousopoulos and Mr. Voulgarakis on activities with offshore companys at cyprus on  which they transfered the money of the greeks  - your money - ?

Where did ND and Mr. Samaras taking responsibility for that and instead they chuck out the only person who started to talk about ND's own responsibility the former foreing secretary Mrs. Bakoyani.

Both partys did their wrong doings but PASOK is the one who took responsibility for it  and your OP was just to one sided.

If you think it is wrong to have EUR just dispance with it and check out if getting cheap EUR wasn't a good idea of Simitis ;) 

Check out the EU countrys in the region around greece who stayed out of the EU Zone itself and try to live there for some months ;)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by Manasu

-

-

The fact that noone from ND has gone to jail is because Mr. Karmanlis closed the parliament. Did you foget that ?

How can someone take such a anti democratic measure like close the parliament and set it out for 4 months just to cover the crimes of his party. Forgot Mr. Rousopoulos and Mr. Voulgarakis on activities with offshore companys at cyprus on  which they transfered the money of the greeks  - your money - ?

Where did ND and Mr. Samaras taking responsibility for that and instead they chuck out the only person who started to talk about ND's own responsibility the former foreing secretary Mrs. Bakoyani.

Both partys did their wrong doings but PASOK is the one who took responsibility for it  and your OP was just to one sided.

If you think it is wrong to have EUR just dispance with it and check out if getting cheap EUR wasn't a good idea of Simitis ;) 

Check out the EU countrys in the region around greece who stayed out of the EU Zone itself and try to live there for some months ;)

~Sigh~, why you waste your time... I didn't and do not support ND, I know what they did (even if they didn't CLOSE the parliament, they just passed that law) buy anyway..

The point of this thread is not to inform people about situation in Greece but to inform what the betrayer (Flambouras) did, and he joined PASOK. Which arguably destroyed Greece (with the help of ND? sure With the help of EU? sure With the help of Left-wing and right-wing parties? sure With the help of the actual greek people? sure, The past 2 decades provoked this situation? sure) I don't think it's really meaningful to point here every situation that brought greece to this destruction. The meaning is to point out what Tasos and his party did.

And PASOK took responsibility for destroying Greece? Maybe, it was their choice anyway.. Nevermind, and countries outside EU zone - well.. Denmark, Sweden, Norwegia, UK....countries I would love to stay not for just months, but for whole years.. Well anyway, I don't think that here is the place to discuss greek politics. Let's just keep that T.Flambouras joined the party which has a lot of responsibilities for destroying Greece.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I got an infraction at DF forums for starting a thread about this; the point is, Flambouras is not just joining any political party, he is joining the most despicable, treacherous political party in Greece. As much as I would like to tell to myself "big deal, focus on the game only", I can't help but look at DF with colored glasses from now on.
  • RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195
    Just curious, what does the average Greek think of the EU at the moment? (not trying to stir anything, just wanting some honest opinions)
  • goatfightgoatfight Member Posts: 7

...However on a positive note as a gamer most of us have become pretty desynthesized to violence...

/facedesk

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Political-related talk is no longer allowed on the forums.

IMPORTANT: Religion & Politics Subforum Shutdown

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.