Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Client Restarted?

schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

Someone posted the EXE file here on mmorpg.com a few days ago, that finished patching overnight and I could actually get to the log in screen after 100%

Today I go and start GW2, patching restarts at 1%

When I go to the GW2 email I got, and head to the FAQ section on the link, i click on 'downloadable clients' and it says 'not available'

Any ideas?

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
Trying out: Age of Wushu
Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

Comments

• bowzef1990bowzef1990 Member Posts: 56
    updateing?
  • NeutorNeutor Member Posts: 101
    It is just downloading additional files...you are fine.  They stated on the forums that it was normal.

Join us dtguilds.com
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

If it is still doing this, try creating a shortcut to the exe, and at the end of quotations on the target path add a space and -image, this should allow the use of the "old" patcher. This may or may not fix the probelm.

Currently I am not having this issue.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

YOu have to create a folder and place the GW2.tmp, GW2.dat(the 13mil one), and the GW2 icon in the folder and it should be fine

Me and my buddy had the same problem

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

I dont think it's downloading additional files because I have been doing that timke to time since the 188.000 files finished downloading days ago.

Today it is re-downloading the full 188.000 files.

I deleetd everything I had, and followed the GW2 support instructions.  (created folder, saved file to that folder, started patching)...all set to go then?

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Originally posted by schertzt

I dont think it's downloading additional files because I have been doing that timke to time since the 188.000 files finished downloading days ago.

Today it is re-downloading the full 188.000 files.

I deleetd everything I had, and followed the GW2 support instructions.  (created folder, saved file to that folder, started patching)...all set to go then?

you shouldn't have deleted, just make sure the GW2.tmp, GW2.dat, GW2 icon are ln that folder and it should be fine

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

too late  = 

few days ago the client took about 7-8 hours to DL, and I won't be on til 5:00 anyways so i'll be fine