Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best and most popular F2P whilst I wait.

JamesLewisJamesLewis Member Posts: 23
So, I'm waiting for GW2 so I don't want to buy and sub to a new game just for a couple of months so I want to get people opinions for the best and most popular f2p out there? Cheers

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Ironic! I was thinking the same thing today. I'm on the borderline of buying Tera to play while GW2 is in beta. I want to play GW2 on the weekends when I can and was going to play Tera during the weekdays. I'm not sure I want to fork out the $$ for it quite yet though. Anyway, back to your question. I was thinking of something light and fun to play so I think I'm going to give LOTRO another try. I haven't played in a while and I heard there were some good updates. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• JamesLewisJamesLewis Member Posts: 23
    Good man. I might giver it a go o if you and other people would like to join me?
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I'm passing my time with LotRO, I have just hit 61 with my fiance who also is playing it atm, went to 21st hall yesterday, not a soul in there, I remember it used to be packed, checked the auction house to see if my gear could be improved, but no armour below 75 was available at the time. Am I enjoying myself? no not really, I just can't be bothered to get into anything right now, Tera burnt my weekend away but I didnt think it was worthy of a sub just to pass time away, Diablo 3 *cough* well erm I played it through once, personally I thought it was terrible.  But going back on track, If your more motivated than me LotRO is a very good game as a f2p probably one of the better ones thats available.  DDO is another popular choice, but I didnt take to it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Aion is the best complete FTP package at the moment imo. You can easily play it all without ever spending any real money. I say this about the EU version, im not sure if the US one is the same.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think you need to be a bit more specific, there are plenty of popular F2P games out there.

World wide Perfect world is probably the largest but that doesn't make it best, and most of it's popularity is in China.

So what do you like in a game? Which games have you liked and disliked in the past?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I've been having fun in DCUO while I wait for Diablo 3. Typical MMO combat is really begnning to bore me so DCUO is a nice cure for that.
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by JamesLewis

So, I'm waiting for GW2 so I don't want to buy and sub to a new game just for a couple of months so I want to get people opinions for the best and most popular f2p out there? Cheers

Best and most popular.... that's pretty subjective.

What do you like?

• JamesLewisJamesLewis Member Posts: 23
    I enjoy alot of PvP and good raiding. I have tried aion but really didnt get alog with it
  • NiffiNiffi Member Posts: 36

Here are some suggestions for you:

Runes of Magic: It has a pvp-feature (the siege war) which could be amazing. But the performance is bad and its still in beta... since 2 years. Anyway many players keep playing this game only because of this feature. Runes of Magic has been loosing players for a while but still a big playerbase.

Forsaken World: It has a good balanced pvp. The open pvp its something which many guys would call "carebear-pvp" with safezones and many disadvantages for the players, who attack others. The arena is really interesting the only problem is, that there are pvp-twinks of highlevel-players which you hardly can beat. When i played FW last time, there were many players.

Bounty Hounds Online: At the moment, this is my personal favourite. Since 2 weeks we can join the daily battleground and therll be a bigger update (including an advancement of the petsystem and arena with ranking) on 2. May. Its still a beta and you recognize that, but its better than the most f2ps ive already tested. The biggest problem is, that nearly noone knows this game and so there isnt a big playerbase but its growing since we can enter the battleground. :)

Greets Niffi