Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Pets

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Is there any way to make this giveaway more fair to those that don't camp the forums just for those codes? Can you reserve a few of those codes and give them away according to join date, forum rank, or something to improve our chances to win? When you post the new pet, not many casual forum goers have a chance and the page is flooded with posts from people with a post count of 1. I am seeing these pet codes on the internet for sale, so I know people are farming them for that reason alone.

Some of us would like one to actually use on our Aion accounts.

Just a suggestion

Oh...I made this title for a reason...I am sure I am getting about a thousand hits from said code farmers about now.

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

Better internet perhaps?  I got here with 500 keys left and still managed to grab one.  Our legion master posted it in game because he's awesome like that.  As long as you get a key you're allowed to do what ever you want with it.  I don't think people should try to sell it for real money but I'm going trade mine for Kinah.  I don't use pets but I know a lot of people who do and are willing to pay coin for em.  ;)

I like to complain about games.
  • jenmc813jenmc813 Member UncommonPosts: 2

I know I'm dying for this week's pink merek which is already gone :( My highest level characte is only level 32 so paying kinah for it is kinda rough, and real money for it is surely against the rules / stupid. However if anyone feels generous, PM me :)

Maybe next time we'll get lucky and happen to load up mmorpg.com at the right moment!

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

If anyone needs the Week 2: Kung Fu Manduri post here and I'll send you a key, I picked it up by mistake as I use the euro servers.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by zerocount

If anyone needs the Week 2: Kung Fu Manduri post here and I'll send you a key, I picked it up by mistake as I use the euro servers.

I would love to have one image

If you could PM the code I would greatly appreciate it

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by bigsmiff

PM sent, enjoy.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by bigsmiff

PM sent, enjoy.

Thank you very much. If I get anything I won't use/need, I will remember you.

• SteadyDamageSteadyDamage Member Posts: 6

Seriously? The ONE DAY i dont camp the dang site i miss it? :o(

• BarBeCeuBarBeCeu Member Posts: 3

Could they give us one more chance to get the 3rd pet who has missed out of it ?

• mad0moonmad0moon Member UncommonPosts: 3

TT__TT I missed all the free pets

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I actually had a fun time camping here for 5 hours chatting with folks, but I fell asleep as I work 3rd shift.

Came back at 8pm est and the keys were gone.

Seriously, MMORPG, you could have handled this much better.

I'm always supportive of you guys, always around on youtube giving you thumbs up, and this is how you repay your loyal members on games they actually play?

• d_briand_brian Member Posts: 1

Please Please someone pm me a code! I missed out :(

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

D585-2G9C-K8CB-ZEWV-87MT

I like to complain about games.
  • SteadyDamageSteadyDamage Member Posts: 6

I would SERIOUSLY love it if someone would send me a key... I WANT THE THIRD WEEK PET! I was on here all night... nothing, kept refreshing... fell asleep, woke up and link was posted and keys gone... ;o( I missed out on all three. Not sure why, I was camping the site for the second one... It never showed up, even when people said they still saw some left.

• onlyyoursjonlyyoursj Member Posts: 3

Yeah, Srsly. I want the 3rd week pet but hey, 0 keys? and I've been sleeping for just like 7 hrs and the keys we're all gone. Can MMO and Aion just add some keys? Been camping more than 5 hrs. Srsly.

• nilsangawennilsangawen Member Posts: 6

The Pet Giveaway Event was really nice in my oppinion. There are a lot of AION players and members of mmorpg.com at the same time so getting a key can be challenging....and needs luck to as in mmorpg's...

Even getting a single pet it's great after all.

Thanks for the oportunity to get the free pet(s).

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

All gone.

I hope the two people that received their pets like them.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Hey, everyone! There is still a chance of winning the 3rd pet to complete your collection and/or just have it because you do love pets , aren't you? :)

Is a screen shot contest! Try it :) http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/forums/post/4933030

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AN0NDR01DAN0NDR01D Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the key! I have an extra one since my g.f doesn't want hers for some reason.. I'll trade for other in game stuff.
  • immortalinaimmortalina Member Posts: 1
    Wish I didn't work and could camp to get a free pet. How about giving away the key at random times? Why always free at the same exact time? A great idea would be to have a certain number of keys for certain time zone. That would be very much appreciated! I missed out on the pink angel flying pet. I would have loved to adopt one of those, /sad face. ;(

“It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”

• Dezy35Dezy35 Member Posts: 6
    Not sure if im able to trade you anything probably not on the same server but a key would be appreciated if you are willing to part with it out of the kindness of your heart :)
  • crytek617crytek617 Member Posts: 2
    how i get a free pet guys can explain me
  • Rizzen00111Rizzen00111 Member Posts: 11
    I hate to say it, but I can be considered a farmer because I farmed some codes to give to my friends, because they didn't have a chance to get the codes. So to every one who didn't get one, I am VERY sorry.

• Dezy35Dezy35 Member Posts: 6
    I wouldnt call that a farmer i call that loyality and respect u for it because some people just cant be around at these times, but do play the game faithfully when they can *bow down to u sir u have my respect. (wish i had that in my legion) 
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

Frankly, I could not disagree more. Your actions, Rizzen, no matter how well-intentioned, are clearly those of a farmer. True, like Dezy35, I can understand and even appreciate why you acquired multiple keys from a single giveaway (friendship being what it is), however, that does not justify it.

Understand that, in so doing, you denied those who came after you, people exercising the same effort to visit MMORPG.com with the express intent of acquiring a key, the opportunity to do so. The situation is no different from any other in which a limited commodity is hoarded for a privileged few. To use the simplest of all analogies, you are the child who took ten cookies from a platter of twenty in order to share them among his friends, oblivious to the many other youth waiting in line, hoping for a treat. To stretch the metaphor, you may have shared those "cookies" among other equally-deserving people. but to the detriment of all those who left without one.

In events such as these the playing field is leveled solely by chance, insomuch as the participants adhere to the one-key-per-user rule. Anything else skews the odds. To whit: we often know beforehand (as we did here) the date and, perhaps, approximate time, but all else is dependent on the fickleness of fate. Availability, timing, et cetera, each dictated by the intersection of a billion choices made by a billion individuals. Add in a reduced number of keys courtesy of someone just "helping a friend" and you introduce an element that is distinctly unfair.

Are you a key-farmer? Yes.

Is it, subjectively-speaking, okay? ...you decide.

• Rizzen00111Rizzen00111 Member Posts: 11
    SaintGraye, I understand what you are saying, and im sorry.