Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Honest Review of Tera Online

EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251

Hi! Please remember before you start trolling or hating, this IS a honest review, you might not agree with my OPINONS but it is an honest review. 

Alright, now that's out of the way, TERA Online.. I've played since the 1st closed beta and I've seen the game improve a HUGE amount since then, the gameplay is amazing, combat is superb, animations pretty darn good, now I'm not going to talk about much class balance because I only made it to level 22 on my Archer, but I will say that I got 1 hit by a Berserker.. but hey, that's just what happened to me.

I'm playing on a PvP server so I'm not going to whine about class balance, I'm actually looking forward to playing ALL of the classes because for the most part they all seem equally balanced and fair. Me and my cousin were playing this game until 3am EST when the open beta ended, we both love it, we've been playing MMORPG's for 5-6 years now, starting with CoH and before that on PS2.. Baldur's Gate ect..

But this is a TERA review, lol. I have to mention the graphics.. they are in my opinion the best graphics I've ever seen to date. I love the races, and classes as I've said. But I do wish they had a "stealth" class like a Rogue or something, as those are what I tend to play on every RPG.

The positives.. amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, awesome interesting and fun combat (which is hard to say for alot of the MMORPG's out there), good looking zones, great class balance (from what I've seen/played), a good community and publisher, this game will go far in my opinion.

The negatives.. the graphics seem better further away, has anybody else noticed this? Maybe it's just my graphics settings but it does seem that way, that being said the graphics are still the best I've ever seen. The mobs.. more often than not you're fighting a pack of mobs, usually one "tougher" monster with a bunch of annoying weaker mobs that you can usually 2-3 hit, now this is a problem because alot of the times you'll JUST get finished looting all of the drops and the same mob will spawn again.. also if you're a kiting class about 85% of the time you'll run into another mob as they don't give you much kiting space.

Those are the negatives and positives I think of for now, the crafting is very difficult and weird, but it's like that in any game (to me) that's why I generally skip right over the crafting aspect of games.

Final thoughts.. amazing game, you HAVE to try this game out if you like MMORPG's, trust me. Give this game a chance, get to atleast level 15-20 and judge the game from there. Make sure you DO NOT skip over this game just because of what you've heard, seen on videos ect.. (that goes for ANY MMORPG in my opinion) Anyways.. that's the review. Definetly try this game, remember even if you've played the beta.. that is nowhere near the same game. And the community will be ALOT mature during pre order head start, and leading into full release.

I'll see you guys online, remember to check the website out and pre order the game if you have the money to spend, it's definetly one of the top games I've ever played, and I'm already missing the game, haven't liked a game this much since City of Heros to be honest. Hope you guys found this guide helpful in deciding on whether or not to buy this game. Cya!

Comments

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

Yeah I love it. It's definitely the most exciting/thrilling MMORPG I've ever played. I can't wait to play GW2 and TERA on release. Both preordered yeah yeahhh

• EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251

Yes I loved Tera, I'm so bored now it's shut down for a few days haha. I haven't pre ordered GW2, don't think I'll buy it until I try a trial or something. But I get D3 for free.. so I'm good for this year and next. :P

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Some more negatives I do not see many people talking about:

• Leveling seemed extremely too fast. I am a casual player and even I made it to 30 in just a weekend.

• Guild vs Guild was not a feature available to PVE servers (in the works now from what I hear).

• Dynamic events where people are auto-grouped was not tested yet (in the works now).

• Same starting area for every race & every class.

• Beginning levels felt "railroaded", they should introduce a BAM or lowbie dungeon early on.

With all that being said, Tera is still a great game. Amazing combat system, exciting PVP, epic spell graphics, and boss fights well worth the monthly subscription. During my beta experience I did not experience one single game-breaking bug, which is more than I can say about most of the MMOs I have beta'd.

• EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251
    I didn't find the leveling too fast at all, but that's just me. The most annoying thing was the monsters and how they're all grouped together so when you try to kite you run into another mob. The beginning zone I guess COULD be class or race specific, but I don't see a reason to split up the player base like that, when you have just 1 big zone you can help everybody at once.
  • Florence52Florence52 Member Posts: 5
    I am not quite sure if the video is serious or trolling us, but either way I believe that this is just the first in a wave of many such online "music" videos that we will be forced to endure as time pass