Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet needs to learn customer service

Comments

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

anet needs to learn nothing

nc is in charge of service not ANet

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

You list nothing that has to do with my OP, I dont expect anything on your list. What I do expect with spending my money is customer service. Their CS line you can only leave a message and if it falls under billing they will call you back. They tell you flat out on the message if its anything else they wont call back. Their live chat support is a joke. Cant help you but I will update your tick with my conversation with you saying I cant help you. I have gotten many email replies to my problem only thing is, its the same copy and paste response over and over. Not even a mention of your ticket has been escalated and we will get back to you. Each response has left me feeling like they think they answered my problem by saying the same thing over and over. I am being very realistic. I pay you money I expect to be able to have an intelligent converstaion with your company when something goes worng, by email, chat or phone. Im not getting that. From someone who works in customer service I know this is a fail. Wouldnt goto epic fail but it is a fail.

You said it exactly. Leave a message, if it is about billing, they will call you back, when they get to you.

Same with e-mail response. When you have maybe 50 (if even that right now) people trying to answer a boat load of support e-mail, it takes time.

Be patient, get over it.

You are not a special and unique snow flake. You are caller # 198,778 either deal with it, or don't buy the game.

Crying will not help.

I work in IT. Sometimes things break and there is no fix. Sometimes things break and the fix is a new thing and hours/days of downtime until it shows up and/or is configured.

Crying about it doesn't help.

Sometimes, you just can't wish or cry or yell or complain your way to a fix. Sometimes, the fix is to be patient and be mature enough to understand reality.

Thats the sign of good customer service. Making the customer feel assured and being looked after. Letting them know your problem is your top concern. Its going out of your way to make sure they feel like they are deserving of special attention and at least being heard. This is the basic start of good customer service. How they fix the problem is the other part. Blizzard, SoE, BioWare all have the first half of that and thats the start to good customer service. NCsoft does not. Their process is cold and distant. You assure me the back end of their customer service is awesome, in resolving the problem. For me that remains to be seen. For me what I have seen is not good at all. I dont feel like I have been heard, I have gotten no assurance. IMO and I am sure anyone else having problems that cant be fixed by following a few steps on a facebook page, that NCsoft will need to take their customer service to the next level if they want to be in the big boy game of MMOs. They said they are going head to head with WoW. Well it takes more then just a good game to keep customers. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

You list nothing that has to do with my OP, I dont expect anything on your list. What I do expect with spending my money is customer service. Their CS line you can only leave a message and if it falls under billing they will call you back. They tell you flat out on the message if its anything else they wont call back. Their live chat support is a joke. Cant help you but I will update your tick with my conversation with you saying I cant help you. I have gotten many email replies to my problem only thing is, its the same copy and paste response over and over. Not even a mention of your ticket has been escalated and we will get back to you. Each response has left me feeling like they think they answered my problem by saying the same thing over and over. I am being very realistic. I pay you money I expect to be able to have an intelligent converstaion with your company when something goes worng, by email, chat or phone. Im not getting that. From someone who works in customer service I know this is a fail. Wouldnt goto epic fail but it is a fail.

You said it exactly. Leave a message, if it is about billing, they will call you back, when they get to you.

Same with e-mail response. When you have maybe 50 (if even that right now) people trying to answer a boat load of support e-mail, it takes time.

Be patient, get over it.

You are not a special and unique snow flake. You are caller # 198,778 either deal with it, or don't buy the game.

Crying will not help.

I work in IT. Sometimes things break and there is no fix. Sometimes things break and the fix is a new thing and hours/days of downtime until it shows up and/or is configured.

Crying about it doesn't help.

Sometimes, you just can't wish or cry or yell or complain your way to a fix. Sometimes, the fix is to be patient and be mature enough to understand reality.

Thats the sign of good customer service. Making the customer feel assured and being looked after. Letting them know your problem is your top concern. Its going out of your way to make sure they feel like they are deserving of special attention and at least being heard. This is the basic start of good customer service. How they fix the problem is the other part. Blizzard, SoE, BioWare all have the first half of that and thats the start to good customer service. NCsoft does not. Their process is cold and distant. You assure me the back end of their customer service is awesome, in resolving the problem. For me that remains to be seen. For me what I have seen is not good at all. I dont feel like I have been heard, I have gotten no assurance. IMO and I am sure anyone else having problems that cant be fixed by following a few steps on a facebook page, that NCsoft will need to take their customer service to the next level if they want to be in the big boy game of MMO. They said they are going head to head with WoW. Well it takes more then just a good game to keep customers. 

Then don't play. Get a refund and press on. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I  got into the instant chat Queue. Took just over an hour to go from 18 to front of the line. This is what was communicated.

Brad: Hi, my name is Brad. How may I help you?

Me: Brad, I've had a problem since the Day 1 of pre-purcahse for GW2

Me: It is NOT a password issue nor a sytax error on the part of theusername or the password

Me: Your login allows me to change the password (reset) and I get a confirm email

Me: Also, it is not an email associated with a GW1 account

Me: I opened a ticket 2 weeks ago and nothing has been done

Brad: I'll try my best to resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

Me: TY in advance

Brad: Let me check out your ticket first.

Me: Do you want me to detail what I did or do you wantto ask specific questions. OK

Me: ###### was ticket 1

Me: #####  ticket 2 (ticket 1 was closed without my knowledge

Brad: I would like to sincerely apologize for any delay you may experience while we work on your issue. Please be assured that our team is working very hard to get to your support ticket as soon as possible.

Brad: Due to unusually high volumes, you may experience a longer than normal wait time for a response. 

Me: 2 weeks is too long

Me: If you cant fix it refund the money and I will buy through Amazon

Me: I know you are busy but this is entirelyunacceptable

Brad: As the volume is very high it might take sometime before your issue is addressed. I am again sorry for the trouble.

Me: Yo...

Brad: We would appreciate your patience while your issue gets resolved.

Me: No

Me: Refund the money. I have been patient and 2 weeks is long enough

<4 mins no comment>

Me: Areyou going to respond or does silence mean you are done?

Brad: Please give me a moment. Please give me the last 4 digits of the CC you purcahsed with.

####

<Then I got a 'I'll have to elevate this to the next level' message and was disconnected before I could copy the message>

This is not to be a jerk. Just to let folks know that the online help may or may not actually do somehting. Takes a bit to get there though. Don't give up and I hope folks have better luck than I did.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Be patient, get over it.

Sometimes, you just can't wish or cry or yell or complain your way to a fix. Sometimes, the fix is to be patient and be mature enough to understand the realities of the situation.

Sometimes, if you keep nagging and e-mailing and calling back, knowing full well nothing can be done, all you are doing is wasting my time and slowing down how soon I'm going to be able to fix it.

He believed he was purchasing beta access, which is how they sell the pre-orders. Now that he's put money down, he has a tech issue that prevents him accessing the product he paid for. His attempts to resolve the issue are met with a carbon copy auto-response that won't work for his problem, and there's no way he can get anyone on the phone because his problem has nothing to do with a billing concern, it's a tech issue.

I work in IT as well, and I know how right you are that sometimes there's no fix to something that breaks, and sometimes the fix will take a long time. But what I don't do is leave my customer guessing as to what's going on. Communication is key to keep everyone's frustration level at a minimum.

If one real person had taken 30 seconds to update him that it was a known issue being worked on, or that there was no known fix at this time, etc., etc., then he wouldn't be nagging anyone, and he wouldn't be here venting frustration. How long would you honestly wait and "be patient" without any communication that the GW2 staff would be able to work on your issue, and no indication that you had been heard beyond an auto-response of helpful tips that will not resolve your issue?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by StarI

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by StarI

This.

Proper communication with costumers who have major problems (not being able to use product you paid for is a major problem) should always be on top of priority for any salesman who wants to build good reputation for his company.

Pre-paid for, PRE. The service is not even available yet, only in limited testing. I'm sorry these are the risks you take if you want to be an early adopter. Right now the priority is making a working product, not pleasing impatient fans.

Hence the thread / title. They should "learn" costumer service asap. Else they can expect a shitstorm on their necks very soon.

And once angry costumers start flooding forums you fans won't be happy either.

Will the angry costumers be pirates

or Jedi's?

Originally posted by rygard49

Be patient, get over it.

Sometimes, you just can't wish or cry or yell or complain your way to a fix. Sometimes, the fix is to be patient and be mature enough to understand the realities of the situation.

Sometimes, if you keep nagging and e-mailing and calling back, knowing full well nothing can be done, all you are doing is wasting my time and slowing down how soon I'm going to be able to fix it.

He believed he was purchasing beta access, which is how they sell the pre-orders. Now that he's put money down, he has a tech issue that prevents him accessing the product he paid for. His attempts to resolve the issue are met with a carbon copy auto-response that won't work for his problem, and there's no way he can get anyone on the phone because his problem has nothing to do with a billing concern, it's a tech issue.

I work in IT as well, and I know how right you are that sometimes there's no fix to something that breaks, and sometimes the fix will take a long time. But what I don't do is leave my customer guessing as to what's going on. Communication is key to keep everyone's frustration level at a minimum.

If one real person had taken 30 seconds to update him that it was a known issue being worked on, or that there was no known fix at this time, etc., etc., then he wouldn't be nagging anyone, and he wouldn't be here venting frustration. How long would you honestly wait and "be patient" without any communication that the GW2 staff would be able to work on your issue, and no indication that you had been heard beyond an auto-response of helpful tips that will not resolve your issue?

Glad someone else gets it. GW fans act like I am attacking them and that I dont understand. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Glad someone else gets it. GW fans act like I am attacking them and that I dont understand. 

I just don't see the point of the thread.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Be patient, get over it.

It has nothing to do with fans, if this was Tera, SW:TOR, or even WoW. You need to be patient. Especially for a new game that is in beta. Like I said before, part of beta is the actual customer support and if you have problems in a beta you let the company know the problem so they can fix it. If you do get into the beta, you won't complain about the problems in the game because it's a beta. The fixes in the game won't be instant just like your problem with your account.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Be patient, get over it.

It has nothing to do with fans, if this was Tera, SW:TOR, or even WoW. You need to be patient. Especially for a new game that is in beta. Like I said before, part of beta is the actual customer support and if you have problems in a beta you let the company know the problem so they can fix it. If you do get into the beta, you won't complain about the problems in the game because it's a beta. The fixes in the game won't be instant just like your problem with your account.

So new accounts is something new for NCsoft? They dont have many MMOs with already thousands and thousands of customers who were all new at some point? They have not gone threw many MMO launches? They have not been dealing with account problems for years and years and have their set process how to deal with them? They do and its cold and distant. Im not upset their is a problem and thats the mix up with almost every reply. Its how NCsoft looks after problems. Its bad customer service. Im not sure how to reach someone at NCsoft and I have no clue if I have gotten threw to them that I have a problem, as all they do is tell me to reset my password and check my syntax of my username. 

Be patient, get over it.

So new accounts is something new for NCsoft? They dont have many MMOs with already thousands and thousands of customers who were all new at some point? They have not gone threw many MMO launches? They have not been dealing with account problems for years and years and have their set process how to deal with them? They do and its cold and distant. Im not upset their is a problem and thats the mix up with almost every reply. Its how NCsoft looks after problems. Its bad customer service. Im not sure how to reach someone at NCsoft and I have no clue if I have gotten threw to them that I have a problem, as all they do is tell me to reset my password and check my syntax of my username. 

If you know all these facts and aren't happy, why are you attempting to purchase/play a product from them? Get a refund and press on with your life. 

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

If you know all these facts and aren't happy, why are you attempting to purchase/play a product from them? Get a refund and press on with your life. 

Because I believe he simply can't let it go. Where logic and common sense fail and the fist shaking to the heavens with the Job complex comes in.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    To OP, It sounds like your account hasn't been registered to a product code? Or have you already registered the code to that specific account?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Asheram

Will the angry costumers be pirates

or Jedi's?

I actually Lol'ed, so 10/10 for joke and effort of posting pic-colourful.

But only 3/10 for poorly masking your anger coused by my razor sharp truth comments.

For which I'll give you a friendly punch and tell you to grow up and learn to look past grammatical errors, especially on international forums.

Shame on you my dear fellow forum poster.

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Because I believe he simply can't let it go. Where logic and common sense fail and the fist shaking to the heavens with the Job complex comes in.

Well I just read some of the OPs forum history and he seems or seemed to genuinely be excited to play the game. I do feel bad for him not being able to straighten this out. If he were my son I would tell him the same thing I have been saying, be patient and it will get worked out. Anyway I hope he would take a little bit of his own comment to heart. His post.  Good sir you should have never come here for help in this depth when you should have just been patient. 

edit: bad link :)

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Nanfoodle, I get your frustration, but I'm not sure if you're looking for help or just wanting to complain.  If you are looking for help it would probably make sense to list the steps you have taken already to try and resolve the issue yourself.

Did you try to rest our GW1 password through either the game (not linked to an NCSoft account) or through the NCSoft website (linked)?

If you used the same email address to register GW2 that you used for your 14-day trial there may be a glitch in the account system and you'll need to reset your password for GW1 to get the login to work for GW2.

I'm assuming you've already tried logging in with the email address you registered the product key with, and not just use the username.  I'm also assuming you tried your GW1 email address (username) and password, even though they are not linked.

Try using your GW2 email with GW1 password or GW1 username/email with GW2 password (after going through the password reset for both obviously)

If you have already tried all of these steps and it still isn't working then something in the account system is probably broken and you're not going to be able to play this beta weekend.

If you were just here to complain, well, disregard my post then. ;)

*Edit: You might also try logging into the NCSoft website with your GW2 info, I don't think that'll work, but worth a shot.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Originally posted by Wolvards

To OP, It sounds like your account hasn't been registered to a product code? Or have you already registered the code to that specific account?

Yup I did and when I try to reregister my CD key it says that has been asigned to account (gives my email addy) When I use my email addy to reset my password it prompts me to enter my new password. I do so and says my password is changed. I goto log in and it says I need an account to access this page. Its a fun little loop.

As to why I am not asking for a refund and walking away is because I think the game looks solid and being a huge DAoC PvP fan I think GW2 has everything I have been looking for in a new MMO for more years then I want to admit. Been MMOing to long lol.

You attack me for what I am doing but people like me are what make companies change how they handle things and when ANet does and you have a problem and you go that was easy you can thank me then. Its like anything else the things easy in life you enjoy came on the blood and effort of others. Often with much ridicule. You think freedom of speach was just handed out? Labor rights? You think corporate ginats didnt resisted the idea of the BBB when it came out? You jump on me for expressing my problems with NCsoft and I am upset at the people that didnt tell me how bad their customer service was. You are mad at me for going to the BBB but thats a right I have as a consumer when I feel a company is not adressing me or my problems with their product. My reply from the BBB says they take this matter serious and ANet has already been sent my claim. 

EDIT: Im not dropping this because I am trying to get NCsoft attention. So they fix my problem and also to make them see they need to address how they look after customer service. With the product I see, I hope I am here for a long time.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

All I've been trying to say is be patient, 15 hours is WAY WAY WAY too soon to be going to BBB.

Legitimate complaints to the BBB are on products/services not delivered within weeks/months of their due date, and since GW2 has no due date yet and this is just a preview weekend, you over reacted.

Plain and simple.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

EDIT: Im not dropping this because I am trying to get NCsoft attention. So they fix my problem and also to make them see they need to address how they look after customer service. With the product I see, I hope I am here for a long time.

Unfortunately Nanfoodle, NCSoft doesn't seem to care.  You can trace similar CS issues with NCSoft all the way back to Lineage 1, that's over 14 years of bad customer service.

It might be better suited to go through Twitter or possibly Facebook or try to contact a community rep directly at ArenaNet instead of going through the NCSoft CS channels.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yup I did and when I try to reregister my CD key it says that has been asigned to account (gives my email addy) When I use my email addy to reset my password it prompts me to enter my new password. I do so and says my password is changed. I goto log in and it says I need an account to access this page. Its a fun little loop.

As to why I am not asking for a refund and walking away is because I think the game looks solid and being a huge DAoC PvP fan I think GW2 has everything I have been looking for in a new MMO for more years then I want to admit. Been MMOing to long lol.

You attack me for what I am doing but people like me are what make companies change how they handle things and when ANet does and you have a problem and you go that was easy you can thank me then. Its like anything else the things easy in life you enjoy came on the blood and effort of others. Often with much ridicule. You think freedom of speach was just handed out? Labor rights? You think corporate ginats didnt resisted the idea of the BBB when it came out? You jump on me for expressing my problems with NCsoft and I am upset at the people that didnt tell me how bad their customer service was. You are mad at me for going to the BBB but thats a right I have as a consumer when I feel a company is not adressing me or my problems with their product. My reply from the BBB says they take this matter serious and ANet has already been sent my claim. 

I don't know about anyone being mad at you or attacking you for going to the BBB, most just seem to think it was a bit rash including myself. If your first post had been asking people here for some help, rather than a rant about CS I think this thread would have turned out completely different. I think everyone understands your frustration, and many have tried offering you help even though that's not what it seems you brought the issue here for.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Dameonk

Nanfoodle, I get your frustration, but I'm not sure if you're looking for help or just wanting to complain.  If you are looking for help it would probably make sense to list the steps you have taken already to try and resolve the issue yourself.

Did you try to rest our GW1 password through either the game (not linked to an NCSoft account) or through the NCSoft website (linked)?

If you used the same email address to register GW2 that you used for your 14-day trial there may be a glitch in the account system and you'll need to reset your password for GW1 to get the login to work for GW2.

I'm assuming you've already tried logging in with the email address you registered the product key with, and not just use the username.  I'm also assuming you tried your GW1 email address (username) and password, even though they are not linked.

Try using your GW2 email with GW1 password or GW1 username/email with GW2 password (after going through the password reset for both obviously)

If you have already tried all of these steps and it still isn't working then something in the account system is probably broken and you're not going to be able to play this beta weekend.

If you were just here to complain, well, disregard my post then. ;)

*Edit: You might also try logging into the NCSoft website with your GW2 info, I don't think that'll work, but worth a shot.

I have tried all you listed and much more. They are also having problems with passwords longer the 15 char. I have spent all day Wed on the guru forums talking things threw on how to fix it and tried everything they said. I followed the facebook fixes. I have followed the replies to my tickets to NCsoft on how to fix this and something is broken. I have found about 6 people with the same problem. I picked MMORPG.com to talk about this subject because its more of a public forum and not just GW1 fans who get upset if you say anything outside the box they like. I really am trying to get NCsofts attention. I really am trying to let NCsoft know that their customer service sucks and it should change and I am also making sure people know how bad it is. 

Caveat emptor  "Let the buyer beware."

All I've been trying to say is be patient, 15 hours is WAY WAY WAY too soon to be going to BBB.

Legitimate complaints to the BBB are on products/services not delivered within weeks/months of their due date, and since GW2 has no due date yet and this is just a preview weekend, you over reacted.

Plain and simple.

Nope I didnt. I applaud NCsoft for getting back to me so fast 9 times in just over 24 hours. Not once did they say they were still looking into "MY" problem. They just gave me a copy paste reply on how to fix it and stated in the response that if this didnt fix my problem let them know. So I did and they reply again with the same thing saying again if this didnt fix it let them know lol. I have no clue if my ticket is going anywhere. 1-5 min of someone time would have saved NCsoft a lot of their time and I am going to make sure it eats their time as it has cost me much of mine and nothing to show for it.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

1. With all the published "Pre-purchase and get access to beta.." There is a VERY valid argument that there should be customer service for those customers that PAID money to ANET. I mean seriously..arent there mostl likley over 750,000 prepurchasers? That should cover the support staff.

2. SInce it seems that the ONLY "testers" are allowed into this beta are pre-purchasers I don't think this is what the industry would consider a "true" beta test.

3. if you want quality customer service try ENMasse. Just yesterday I hit them up with a random question I had from open beta. Clicked their live chat button, and within 3 minutes had a rep. They also said that the live chat is open 24/7.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Took me 2-3 days to get some account stuff figured out on my GW1 account, and that was some time ago.

Takes 24-48 hours to get resolution for problems in WoW, took even longer in TOR.

So yes, 15 hours was rushing it and going to BBB after 15 hours IS an over reaction.

That's like reporting Amazon.com to the BBB if a package you ordered is 4 hours late lol.

Originally posted by Distopia

I don't know about anyone being mad at you or attacking you for going to the BBB, most just seem to think it was a bit rash including myself. If your first post had been asking people here for some help, rather than a rant about CS I think this thread would have turned out completely different. I think everyone understands your frustration, and many have tried offering you help even though that's not what it seems you brought the issue here for.

I didnt come here for help you are right, as I had spent most of wed getting help from the people at guru. You are right not everyone has been rude about me contacting the BBB or my feelings on NCsofts CS but some have pushed the line of what would be considered reportable. I dont care I knew I would be flamed mostly. Even on the off chance this gets NCsoft to look at our problem I think its worth it.