Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Final Thoughts Before Launch

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Originally posted by sadeyx
    I didnt play the OB because I thought they were doing a wipe!Now its going to be even harder to play on a Pvp server D:
    The European version by Frogster will be having a character wipe after open beta.
  • sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by sadeyx

I didnt play the OB because I thought they were doing a wipe!Now its going to be even harder to play on a Pvp server D:

The European version by Frogster will be having a character wipe after open beta.

Ah thanks for that =]

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I know that price is pretty standard, for subscription MMO's these days, but with the movement to Free2Play/Microstransactions, and AAA title subscription free games like GW2, I'm finding the $15 US per month pretty hard to swallow.

Once upon a time, it would be a no brainer to plonk down my $15 for a month of playtime with TERA... now days, I can't justify that cost, with so many other games of similar quality, out there for me to play instead.

- free to play games generally have more trolls / black market activies / griefers... I recently went back to Aion and when we were trying to do an outdoor elite area an assassin repeatedly kept trying to wipe us with his monsers he would pull and run thorugh our group.

- There is no game quite like TERA in gameplay. 

my two cents, and my opinion.

• NitzleplickNitzleplick Member Posts: 9

"To that, I say don’t judge us on our size and our budgets,

Like that worked so well for EA, with SW:ToR.

"but instead judge us on our skill and ability to react to your needs as a player.

Like on how fast you cave to the vocal minority, and nerf things into oblivion?

Name one instance? if anything they have not listened to the whining on forums, except when they felt it was an issue, like dungeon rewards. Do you not like rewarding random dungeons over server runs?

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I respect En Masse so much for how they have delt with this game. After Aion I was very turned off by Korean made MMOs essentially burned by the fact that it had let me down so badly. After looking at Tera I initially thought "same old same old" until I got into a closed beta. I was hooked from the first few seconds of a fluid and smooth gameplay, that most MMOs don't even accomplish these days with their jerky F2P controls. Thank you for your awesome customer support, listening to the majority and filtering out the right from the wrong. 

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by MoonBeans

Originally posted by Czelaw

• Monthly Subscription: $14.99 

• 3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month  = 20% discount)

• 6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

• Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

heres the sub price list....@MoonBeans

is that dollars or euros?

dollars

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

I am a GW2 fan but...

I was quite impressed with this one. TERA filled my eyes and has quite enjoyable gameplay.

Polished and beautifull, action combat system on a standard best of classic mmo pilar. Not very innovative but it has room to evolve.

It can be a good deal!

I enjoyed this past days better than I did with SWTOR (major turn down for a SW fan... lightsaber party!) and Rift (quite a nice WoW clone with Rifts... Actually they were going to call it "WoW CloneTM" but as the only diference from WoW  were the rifts they decided to call it "RiftTM") betas. Side note: WoW is still a great game.

• jamielikesyojamielikesyo Member Posts: 36

Hopeful for the game but will want to see what the devs have in store for it, how the community matures and that support is, well supportive. If in 6 months time if  things look promising I'll give it a shot. Have a few friends hooked on the game already and will be playing day 1 but I'm a little more cautious of a developer I don't know and trust.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Are frogster like the new goa?

I'm in the UK, been playing the beta which I really enjoyed. So took the plunge and pre-ordered....

The confirmation email quotes the wrong subscription, half of it is unreadable gibberish with a few miscellaneous special characters thrown in for good measure.

No sign of the security key, and no reponse to any of the support tickets I have raised.

Frogster? They are working hard to get up to the level of totally incompetent. At the moment thay are way below this.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Such a pretty game but it's not to my tastes, had my fill of fantasy mmorpg's now, they just don't have any longevity unless you like grinding or raiding (which is still grinding of a different sort).

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The graphics are good but the art style is not for me. On top of that, the meh reaction to a lot of people who have been playing it make it a pass.

Guild Wars 2 seems much more promising. Guess we will find out tomorrow!

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Czelaw

• Monthly Subscription: $14.99 

• 3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month  = 20% discount)

• 6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

• Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

I know that price is pretty standard, for subscription MMO's these days, but with the movement to Free2Play/Microstransactions, and AAA title subscription free games like GW2, I'm finding the $15 US per month pretty hard to swallow.

Once upon a time, it would be a no brainer to plonk down my $15 for a month of playtime with TERA... now days, I can't justify that cost, with so many other games of similar quality, out there for me to play instead.

So less than $1 a day is hard (sorry if i don't know your expenses)...

How can these dev hope to stay in business in sub model fails.. Heck ArenaNet should be lucky they stayed in business this long, not becuase Guild wars was good or anything but becuase they didn't have a steady stream on cash coming in, Xpac's only about cover the cost to develop the Xpacs with a few left over to profit from..

Why do you think the are now opening the cash shop, you need cash to maintain stuff and to pay staffers too along with customer service etc..

Person just have this mental block that $15 a month is alot (sorry again if i don't know all your expenses).. Heck to see a movie in NY is $22 (Imax), $14 (reg) and thats just for 2hr worth on entertainment..

Originally posted by Zinzan

Such a pretty game but it's not to my tastes, had my fill of fantasy mmorpg's now, they just don't have any longevity unless you like grinding or raiding (which is still grinding of a different sort).

But which mmo are you going to play that doesn't have grind, reguardless of the type on genre..

Heck, even in CoD and Battlefield you grind, its just how that grind is presented that the important thing..

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

After seeing my post one here a mate just linked me a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsmQKXmhzqc&feature=player_embedded#!

just.......wut?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by natuxatu

The graphics are good but the art style is not for me. On top of that, the meh reaction to a lot of people who have been playing it make it a pass.

The art style is not for you yet Final Fantasy was your favorite MMO? lol Does anyone else see the irony in that?

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Final thoughts? The game will be F2P within a year.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
  • diabisdiabis Member Posts: 35

Though I will not play Tera when it is launched I took a look at it in OB this weekend, and I will give them credit. It was not a copy classic Asian game that we in US would have to deal with and play because Asain market liked it this way. I give you and the group a high 5 for taking this route, and hope you great success :-)

Look for the Rose with the Thorn.

• NitzleplickNitzleplick Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by natuxatu

Yes, the meh reaction of everyone who had actually gotten out of the newbie zone going through massive withdrawls between beta tests.

Another badly sculpted lie from the GW2 crowded.

• SlayerbdSlayerbd Member Posts: 5

I played in Tera's open beta and I have to say, this game is fantastic. I've played all of the mainline fantasy MMOs out there and haven't had as much fun playing them as I had in open beta with Tera. Amazing graphics, intense and active combat, and a solid storyline with more quests then you can complete and good dungeons to run with your friends and random people as well. Awesome game. Can't wait until the head start on saturday.. i've been in major withdrawl of Tera.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Nice open letter by Knoxxer

I'm tired of having to hop from game to game to get my fix which is what F2P games are good for.  TERA's developed quality is more than worth 15.00 but alas I'm going the 6 month plan to save myself some cash.  Long live worthy P2P games!

Just not worth my time anymore.

Originally posted by Laross

Originally posted by AZHokie54

Final thoughts? The game will be F2P within a year.

Wow another excellent story!

Tell it to Readers Digest...

ROFLOL, so easy to post going F2P in a year..

How about this... Arena Net will finally see that they are giving away a good product and charge $10 a month for sub within a year..

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

"BAMs combine all the elements we worked so hard to balance and tune. They require the necessary preparation of an RPG game and the skill and ability of an action game."

I wholeheartedly agree.

*expletive* Why can't Frogster be as cool as En Masse image

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I like this game a lot. The engine is fantastic, the art direction is gorgeous, the combat system is great, the world is beautiful, the races and clases are interesting etc..Tera really has an identity.

On top of that I have experienced a top notch custumer service.

I wish EME and BHS great succes in all regions they deliver this product, and I hope they continue developing tons of content for this wonderful game.

• CassiopeianCassiopeian Member Posts: 14

I bought the game, but Frogster is going to cost the game a lot of European customers.

When I buy a game, I expect to get a confirmation that displays a basic grasp of the English language. Their 'support' is appalling. Their communication is awful.

For the love of God, find someone else to handle the EU. Have a look at the Tera EU forums (which I've never been able to post on, even though I bought the game). They are a cesspit of disappointment and anger towards Frogster.

Is this what you want your European players to see when they research the game before buying it? The EU forums give the impression of a game dead in the water before it's even released. It's atrocious PR in Europe...give them the boot or a serious ultimatum, but this'll cost you if you do nothing either way.