Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, a cleverly disguised pay2win?

Yes, yes with 2 days straight of grinding you can do what people with credit cards can do in 5 mins.

Other than that, you can get special 'tactics' from things called ornate chests.

These chests cost insane amounts of gold, or a few dollars IRL. These tactics are essentially mini i-win buttons. 

How is this game not considered pay2win?

"Endsville is burning"-Mamimi

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired

never mind the consequences of the crime this time my fortunes faded

"c'mon god do I seem bulletproof?"-RHCP

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I'm not sure I would describe it as either 'clever' or 'disguised".

• monkeysenseimonkeysensei Member Posts: 7

touché

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Its not Pay2 Win....there is nothing you can buy that can replace XP and the masteries XP unlocks.

You can buy a measely XP and Gold boost for a few Gems, but they are not worth the small bonus they give.

What I will say is that you CANNOT upgrade ANY Hero unless you buy that Hero with in game or real currency.

For example, there are many free Heros, but you cannot upgrade them, because they are there for you  to try out.

This game is not being provided as a Public Service....if you want to play then you should buy your toon with either in game or real money, that allows you to upgrade it with XP that MUST be  EARNED.

Moreover, most Warbands will not group with free heros...they want serious players only.

I like Bax, so I bought the Orc with Gems, and have never looked back.

I do not mind paying $9.99 for gems to buy Bax, and some temporary Gold and XP boosters, as I love the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe and its logical that games should be paid for even if its only $9 to get started.

But its NOT Pay2Win...its Pay2Play...properly.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Its not Pay2 Win....there is nothing you can buy that can replace XP and the masteries XP unlocks.

You can buy a measely XP and Gold boost for a few Gems, but they are not worth the small bonus they give.

What I will say is that you CANNOT upgrade ANY Hero unless you buy that Hero with in game or real currency.

For example, there are many free Heros, but you cannot upgrade them, because they are there for you  to try out.

This game is not being provided as a Public Service....if you want to play then you should buy your toon with either in game or real money, that allows you to upgrade it with XP that MUST be  EARNED.

Moreover, most Warbands will not group with free heros...they want serious players only.

I like Bax, so I bought the Orc with Gems, and have never looked back.

I do not mind paying $9.99 for gems to buy Bax, and some temporary Gold and XP boosters, as I love the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe and its logical that games should be paid for even if its only $9 to get started.

Well put, I couldn't agree more.

I purchased Drulg and Ikkrik and play them as my main heroes, I'll swap to others if the comp requires it, but other than that they are my go-to characters.

I have no advantage by having purchased those heroes, other than the ability to upgrade them having unlocked, it requires effort ingame by gaining exp regardless.

Far from Pay2Win.

• monkeysenseimonkeysensei Member Posts: 7

So we agree that money is being exchanged for temporary/permanent progression boosts. It is now mainly a matter of opinion as to what exactly pay2win is.

Also Kost you are ignoring the fact that the game sells chests that have a chance of giving out rare mastery abilities. I only played for an hour, but in that hour I did not see any other way of obtaining these spells/abilities other than buying them.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Why anyone is even playing a cut up version of WAR yet alone a p2w version ill never know.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I haven't seen the cash shop for this game, but judging by the irrational hysteria some players suffer from when it comes to cash shops, I'll take this with a grain of salt.  I once heard someone claim that costumes (clothes with NO stats), which could only be obtained from a cash shop, were P2W items.  I no longer give much credence to these types of complaints, regardless of the game.

Originally posted by monkeysensei

So we agree that money is being exchanged for temporary/permanent progression boosts. It is now mainly a matter of opinion as to what exactly pay2win is.

Also Kost you are ignoring the fact that the game sells chests that have a chance of giving out rare mastery abilities. I only played for an hour, but in that hour I did not see any other way of obtaining these spells/abilities other than buying them.

NO NO NO....there is no progression boost from XP and Gold Boost purchases....the XP and Gold amount is so trivial regardless of whether you earn it, win it by spinning the game machine, or buying it. Its worthless and a waste.

As far as rare mastery abilities, who cares, you dont need them....I pwn players with my measly 12th level toon with only 3 mastery points LOL!

Cuz.....I know how to play and dont give a darn what others do.....The game is all about teamwork, skill, tactics and knowing your Hero.

I could spend $100 right now and gain no advantage over another player...I would just own a bunch of heroes, skins, and probably would not be able to spend that much cuz the gold and XP boosters are junk.....a waste of money.

I dont know about the chests, and could careless about what they offer, as my money limit is what I already spent and it wont matter if another player has these cuz my Orc band Rules! I love the fact that Black Orcs get a grouping bonus...of course we do we are a horde!

Originally posted by karmath

Why anyone is even playing a cut up version of WAR yet alone a p2w version ill never know.

Because it blows WAR away and is a totally different game other than its Warhammer and its races and classes.

AND ITS FREE...WAR is NOT and its an MMO...BIG DIFFERENCE

• WhitewaterWhitewater Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Potato potatoe...try doing pubs against premades with BOUGHT healers,you will lose 4 sure(at least 90% of the battles).Pub is the only thing there is and is completely dominated by money premades.Rly unfair so yes its pay 2 win

No healers=no win=pay to win