Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm putting all my eggs into this basket!!

Ezen_SurrealEzen_Surreal Member Posts: 168

Tell me why I should't!

(When is the release for it in USA?)

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Ezen_Surreal

Tell me why I should't!

That is the multi-million dollar question.  I think everyone interested in ArcheAge is asking the same thing.  I know I have.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Tell me why I should't!

Because no game is that good and you will end up disappointed, have it as one of a number of promising MMO's over the horizon and you will avoid both disappointment and the hype machine, I am sure you have seen what that can do.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Tell me why I should't!

Well, if you wanted just one....What you asked at the end would be it...No publisher yet for the U.S./North America region...So until that happens, it isn't coming here, even though the makers have said it was made with the west in mind from the onset...Maybe they want to polish it a little in the east first....But that would be a guess...

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

because you haven't actually played the game.

untill you actually play for a minimum of 12 to 24 hours you cannot possible know if you actually love the game or not. it could be a complete crap fest, with horribly feeling control. you wont know untill you actually try it yourself.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by RefMinor

Tell me why I should't!

Because no game is that good and you will end up disappointed, have it as one of a number of promising MMO's over the horizon and you will avoid both disappointment and the hype machine, I am sure you have seen what that can do.

Psh, AA looks super-promising, if they release a NA publisher, this is my #1 game to look forward too, no reason in not getting excited about a game that brings back the roots of MMO's, then takes it a step further :) What game are you looking forward too? Any? Or do you just think every game will be a let-down so you don't look forward to up-coming games?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Tell me why I should't!

If the game was going to be this savior for sandbox MMOs like most anticipated then it would of found a publisher here in the west.  I seriously doubt you will ever see this game in the States because of this issue.  Even if it did find a publisher here then its at least 2 years away from release here which is enough time to actually not worry about in terms of hype. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Tell me why I should't!

Agreed.

Betting everything all your hopes ,etc on one thing WILL lead to your disappointment due to way too high expectations.

Just saying.

PS. I also want to play AA (under certain conditions though like no cash shop).

By the way, Ezen, my response was referring to the release date.  No one has heard of an official U.S. release date yet, sadly.

XLGames hasn't found a NA publisher or made any arrangements as of yet... we're all waiting for some news.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Tell me why I should't!

I think your 2 statements are their own answers.

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212

Tell me why I should't!

Because they'll go bad by the time it launches in the US :p

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Why are you yelling?

You seem overly excited!

You should never place all your eggs in one basket!

*Places all of her eggs in one basket*

OMG! What have I done? I seemed to have placed all my eggs in one basket!

Well if I had a dozen eggs this is what I would do:

Place 4 eggs with ArcheAge.

Place 4 eggs with Guild Wars 2.

Place 1 egg with World of Darkness.

Place 1 egg with Blade & Soul.

Place 1 egg with TERA Online.

Boil the last egg.

Cut the boiled egg in half.

Place half of that egg with Diablo 3.

Place the other half with Titan.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

untill you actually play for a minimum of 12 to 24 hours you cannot possible know if you actually love the game or not.

You dont even know at that point. If anything its worse at the 12-24 hour mark than before pre-launch. After a month you start seeing the game for what it really is. The new game feeling is very deciptive and it suckers in countless novic MMORPG'ers and countless fanboys everytime.

If I had a dollar for everytime I saw a flip flop, from this is the greatest game ever, to its not so great a month down the road, I could have me a nice new car. Now if I had a dollar for everytime a fanboy just magically disappeared after realizing their game isnt what they thought, I would be retired by now living like a king.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Tell me why I should't!

Where is the basket?

• fissehansfissehans Member Posts: 25

For me its like, if GW2 and AA fails - im out. Fuck it, I can play MOBAs and FPS games aswell.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Why are you yelling?

You seem overly excited!

Boil the last egg.

I agree, except I would exclude GW2 and include Elder Scrolls online.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Wolvards

Tell me why I should't!

Psh, AA looks super-promising, if they release a NA publisher, this is my #1 game to look forward too, no reason in not getting excited about a game that brings back the roots of MMO's, then takes it a step further :) What game are you looking forward too? Any? Or do you just think every game will be a let-down so you don't look forward to up-coming games?

I am looking forward to AA, also WoD, another I can't speak of, I am beta testing Traveller AR on iOS, The Repopulation, Salem. I certainly have not placed all my eggs in one basket, that is just foolish, this isn't Highlander, "There can be only one", if you put all your eggs in one basket you will miss out on enjoyment before AA hits EU/NA and could face upset if the game you have spurned all others for doesn't meet your by now overly heightened expectations.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Why are you yelling?

You seem overly excited!

Boil the last egg.

I think your gonna be wasting a lot of eggs there LOL..

Out of those games we know nothing about Archage really and Workd of Darkness

GW2 well im pretty sure i know how thats turning out LOL

Tera i guess it depends if you like that kind of thing have played it in korea and tested it and its not for me.

Blade and Soul have played this and its the best in the list except for the ones we know nothing about of course.

• AlrricAlrric Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Tell me why I should't!

If the game was going to be this savior for sandbox MMOs like most anticipated then it would of found a publisher here in the west.  I seriously doubt you will ever see this game in the States because of this issue.  Even if it did find a publisher here then its at least 2 years away from release here which is enough time to actually not worry about in terms of hype. 

Actually I think that is the main problem like I said in another post I really think that the problem is that most Publishers around here are not looking and not wanting to trust a sandbox they all want the next WoW...

Which is crap, I personally am getting tired of these clones and am looking to get back to sandbox but, none of the good/big publishers are wanting to put money/risk in something like that.  This is where we run into a problem XLGames does not want to trust it to just any publisher and I would not either, you spend time and money on making a game like this you want someone good to represent your game in such a huge market. 

It does suck though, I would love to be able to get my hands on that game!!!

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Caldrin

Out of those games we know nothing about Archage really

Correction, YOU do not know anything about ArcheAge. People that actually take the time to gather informations about the game will notice there's loads of videos from beta testers showing every possible aspect of the game, as well as several translations on fansites.

The game had no NDA at all, and the devs invited several "westerners", so no, we do know a lot about ArcheAge.

There is a Community link on the official ArcheAge website that links you to multiple fan sites that are closely following the game.

Go to http://www.archeage.com/en/community

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Tell me why I should't!

I don't know how picky you are but certain things i NEED from a game and why i never expect a game to be "the game"or the only hope.

I have found Korean games are usually really bad for Ui and customization of UI,i hope AA allows full customization ,imo it is very important to keep everyone happy.

I feel a few things might have people or should have people worried.

1 pvp how it impacts the game or those that don't like it is important

2 already mentioned UI,we heard these complaints for years now even with my fave game FFxi and the newer FFXIV.

3 customization versatility.It looks at least to me like there will be a lot of pre sets with class designs.A lot of people don't like pre sets,they like to have full control of customization.Also another game with yet no multi class design is going to feel alot like the same old same old,i hope this game can make it interesting enough as player customization is a huge deal for most every player.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Wizardry

Tell me why I should't!

I don't know how picky you are but certain things i NEED from a game and why i never expect a game to be "the game"or the only hope.
    I have found Korean games are usually really bad for Ui and customization of UI,i hope AA allows full customization ,imo it is very important to keep everyone happy.
    I feel a few things might have people or should have people worried.
    1 pvp how it impacts the game or those that don't like it is important
    2 already mentioned UI,we heard these complaints for years now even with my fave game FFxi and the newer FFXIV.
    3 customization versatility.It looks at least to me like there will be a lot of pre sets with class designs.A lot of people don't like pre sets,they like to have full control of customization.Also another game with yet no multi class design is going to feel alot like the same old same old,i hope this game can make it interesting enough as player customization is a huge deal for most every player.

So i take it, you didn't:

1.Read the plans of how the pvp works and the continents are structured?
    2. watch the video dedicated to the UI customization?
    2. watched the video and the official website about how "class" is even defined in archeage.

In short you didn't do any research and expect to take your argument serious?