Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont play this game if you are a Solo Player

2»

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Is it just me or is one of the poster got their account deleted XD?

Also Tera is very solo friendly in term of lvling and progession through the story. Even at parts where you have to fight BAM to progress in main quest, you can always use Kaira Binding on them making them totally soloable. The only part i seen require group is the few quest that goes in to the instance,which Tera has LFD Tool (omg i love it so much as a tank, instant que no matter what) so you can solo, just que to do quest, than continue soloing. Even end game when you want the dungeon gear you can always just use LFD.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Also Tera is very solo friendly in term of lvling and progession through the story. Even at parts where you have to fight BAM to progress in main quest, you can always use Kaira Binding on them making them totally soloable. The only part i seen require group is the few quest that goes in to the instance,which Tera has LFD Tool (omg i love it so much as a tank, instant que no matter what) so you can solo, just que to do quest, than continue soloing. Even end game when you want the dungeon gear you can always just use LFD.

They removed kaya's binding from what i saw since they dumbed down the boss you have to kill for the main story.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Kehdar

They removed kaya's binding from what i saw since they dumbed down the boss you have to kill for the main story.

NOOO damn it D; lol that means i have to kill about 5 BAM legitly for CR quest = o well at least this time my friend will be there so we just duo it like we always XD

NOOO damn it D; lol that means i have to kill about 5 BAM legitly for CR quest = o well at least this time my friend will be there so we just duo it like we always XD

Yea :p but from what i saw the story BAMs are false BAM, they are more close to a normal mob than BAM.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

This guy is saying grouping is forced. I heard another one saying you can solo everything. Maybe these two should have a chat?

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Popple

Tera might be nice and all,but if you are a solo player you will find this game is not for you..This is a group game and PVP where players are rewarded for holding each other hand.Group play is heavily encouraged and often very rewarding due to the exp bonuses and rewards from completing instances. Again Solo Players got screwed..As for PVP if you dont like it, Tera is not for you.Bottom line is, the company will find that Tera will come Free to play in the near future..Alot of people dont mind group play once in awhile.But in order to progress in Tera is a Must..The Combat in this game is different and good. Everything else is gereric.

Agreed 110% soloing this game gets tireing and carpal tunnell like very fast, Like Shadowbane grouping is a must especially when playing on a PvP server. My advise is if you want to solo why dont you play a solo friendly game like SWTOR, I am not saying that Tera is impossible to solo just that it is not solo friendly, it is group friendly.

I guess I am saying this because of the poor questing that Tera has, a game with good quests, vo, cut scenes, linear ala swtor is going to lend itself to be more quest frilendly.  The tera Island with its linear quests and restricted environment is somewhat solo friendly only being hurt by the bad quests, but once you get off the island with its openness, sand boxyness and lack of quests or liniear quests it lends itself to grouping. 

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by xDayx

So is Tera a solo-friendly facerollin themepark?

Or is it not?

If its not solo friendly I would consider trying it. That would be a plus in my book.

Tera IMO is a group friendly , sand boxy game that will appeal more to people who like to group and like sand box elements.  Compared to a game like SWTOR which is solo friendly , theme park game that will appeal to people who like to play solo or in small groups and like a theme park more liniear environment

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Anyone can solo any game.But this game is structured on grouping..Sure you can say you solo.But there only a percentage of the game you can solo after that  you are forced to group..Care to hold my hand while i yell LFG to enter x dungeon for a half hour? haha, We all been there and done it..image Like i said,Group play is heavily encouraged and often very rewarding due to the exp bonuses and rewards from completing instances. Lets see if you can get that from solo! image

Edit spelling

I retired retroactively..Haha

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

better yet, don't play an MMO if you are a solo player!!!! Wow what a concept!!

Anyone can solo any game.But this game is structured on grouping..Sure you can say you solo.But there only a percentage of the game you can solo after that  you are forced to group..Care to hold my hand while i yell LFG to enter x dungeon for a half hour? haha, We all been there and done it..image Like i said,Group play is heavily encouraged and often very rewarding due to the exp bonuses and rewards from completing instances. Lets see if you can get that fron solo! image

You can by simply using the LFG tool instead of yelling in the general chat.

Anyone can solo any game.But this game is structured on grouping..Sure you can say you solo.But there only a percentage of the game you can solo after that  you are forced to group..Care to hold my hand while i yell LFG to enter x dungeon for a half hour? haha, We all been there and done it..image Like i said,Group play is heavily encouraged and often very rewarding due to the exp bonuses and rewards from completing instances. Lets see if you can get that fron solo! image

Free to play games has that also.But they are changing it where you click to enter the dungeon from the event quests, then you get ramdom of players of different lvls for that dungeon.I believe Forsaken World has that..So really you dont need LFG tool if Tera was up to par..

Free to play games has that also.But they are changing it where you click to enter the dungeon from the event quests, then you get ramdom of players of different lvls for that dungeon.I believe Forsaken World has that..So really you dont need LFG tool if Tera was up to par..

Wait i was under the impression we were talking about soloing, not if Tera is up to par or not with Forsaken World in that case i wouldn't have wasted my time answering.

Originally posted by eddieg50

Tera IMO is a group friendly , sand boxy game that will appeal more to people who like to group and like sand box elements.  Compared to a game like SWTOR which is solo friendly , theme park game that will appeal to people who like to play solo or in small groups and like a theme park more liniear environment

Thank you at least you understand...image

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

ok I didnt see this thread, so I started a similar one with a question, maybe you guys can help me out

ok first off, I dont care if you hate this game or not, I dont care if you love this game or not.  I dont want to turn this into another troll thread one way or the other.

I played the Beta for all phases now, and I really enjoy the game (and thats all that really matters to me) I dont care that GW2 is uber godly best MMO ever.

My question is as a person who generally gets about 15 hrs a week to play, is it going to be viable to join in the pvp/pve/political system with such a limited time to play.  Am I going to be able to find a guild that will take me knowing I cant be there 6+hrs a day everyday.  By solo I dont mean I only want to be solo, but alot of my time is 30 mins here or there and I dont like to bring a group down, but I love to group if I can dedicate about 2 hrs at a time.

anyways thanks for your help, I havent pre-ordered yet, as this is my major concern still, but also if it is viable, does anyone have a guild for casuals PST late night type players? edit: PVP server

Thanks!

Myrdynn

Originally posted by Myrdynn

ok I didnt see this thread, so I started a similar one with a question, maybe you guys can help me out

Well I already said what I think, in CBT i reached lvl 38 in solo without any problem. 

Soloing BAMs is possibile, not all of them but a good number. With this last patch they added a LFG tool so you can find a group to do istances if you are alone.

I can't be sure about lvl 30 and above since no one saw what there, other than kTera players. :) But I can tell you that the new end game raid they added has an auto group function like in Rift, so it should be solo friendly as well.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Originally posted by apocoluster

Originally posted by Ganathar

... But why play an MMO and not a single-player RPG if you want to solo only?

Two anwsers (and an excuse)

1)   SPRPG's are kinda lonely...I many not like to play with  you but I want yall to be around..chat is ususally more interesting than some old city guard mindlessly droning about his knee

2)  challenge...Solo'g MMOs are harder than most SPRPG's  IMO

That plus while I will solo 95% of a MMO..I would like the option to group, its an option I rarely use..but there none the less.

If only the stubborn "Why solo in a MMO" crowd would read, retain, reflect, on your post.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Emphasis on group content was one of the reasons I bought this game. It's something long forgotten it seems: actually interacting with others in an MMO. That being said I was surprised to find out how much was soloable. Questing/killing normal mobs is obvious. I guess some BAMs, meant fir groups, are soloable if you have 10-15 minutes to spare. If your good you can solo PvP to a point, that's part of why the Outlaw system is there.

If it's a matter if what gear is available I would argue that questing and killing, if BAMs were added to your list, you would generate enough coin to buy the gold gear from instances. This is changed for endgame to BoP but leveling you wouldn't have a problem.

I get a person wanting to solo but still be in an MMO. MMO games feel alive because others are running around even if you don't want to interact. TERA, thank goodness, does give a lot to group play. It's been sorely lacking outside instances. There is still a lot to do solo just like other MMOs.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• LonefoxSweLonefoxSwe Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Sephastus

Originally posted by xDayx

So is Tera a solo-friendly facerollin themepark?

Or is it not?

If its not solo friendly I would consider trying it. That would be a plus in my book.

If the only thing you want to kill are easy targets, then you can pretty much faceroll through everything. The moment you want to do BAMs, you will either have to be moderately skilled or get a group. The moment you want to solo dungeons, you will have to be exceptionally skilled, or get a group.

And you can't just overlevel a dungeon and faceroll it. The boss mechanics of the bosses will skill kill you. On top of this, the higher the level difference between the boss and you, the less gear you get.

If you want a game that you are forced to group to get anything done though (like FFXI), then this game is not for you at all.

You are so full of it.

Tera is easy to solo in if you take he time to learn your class. Only reason to grp up for BAMs is the time it takes to bring them down solo. Avoidence is the key.

And yeah you can outlevel a dungeon and faceroll it solo. I was bored at lvl 27-28 and went to Bastion of Lok (Secret Base) and facerolled it solo and got several blu drops..... I went back for laghs and giggles at 32 and facerolled it in 30 mins solo and got a gold disc for my sorc (well not very usefull since it was tier 4 and I already had a tier 5 gold)......

Did you even play Tera? ;)