Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any good mmos out right now

cburbacburba Member UncommonPosts: 17

I am looking for a  mmo with an economy, a good community, and a lot team work. Also i do not want to play a space mmo. I have looked and I am sure just missed a game that fits what I am looking for.

Comments

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

NVM misread.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Originally posted by cburba

I am looking for a  mmo with an economy, a good community, and a lot team work. Also i do not want to play a space mmo. I have looked and I am sure just missed a game that fits what I am looking for.

You are out of luck with what you are looking for. Today's MMO's have craptasticly overinflated economies where dropped items and crafted items usually don't stack up to raid items...community is nearly nonexistent in most MMO's, and teamwork is REALLY rare since almost all MMO's now are solo heavy wanna-be console games.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

Well I'm having a blast in Tera, and although the economy isn't established yet, they are implementing a system like EVE's plex, where you can buy time-cards with ingame gold. I think it's called chronoscrolls. This should give excellent incentive to earn gold in-game if you don't want to pay for a monthly sub.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

aion, lineage 2, atlantica( item mall hevay tho),vindictus ,city of heroes(god i hate their interface),darkfall,fallen earth(u might like it)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    SWTOR seem to fit the OP right?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• cburbacburba Member UncommonPosts: 17

I played SWTOR. It is has some of the best quest i have ever done. At the end though it just was boring. I have just decided to put swtor on hold for a year or so and let the get some awsome content in the game then I will resub. also i am looking ofr a game with more depth. I dont mind going out mining for hours just to get what I want. I have fun in a lot of ways not just lvling.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

sounds like what you want is saga of ryzom. alteast the last time i played, it was player driven economy with good community.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

TERA gets my vote after a bit of a rocky start. I'm glad I stuck with it. Game comes out in a few days. ;)

Joined - July 2004

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I think its uncharted waters online or pirates of the burning sea which has the "open market" similar to eve online?

Might wana check them

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Also i do not want to play a space mmo. 

If the point of that is that you would like EVE except that you don't want it to be in space, then you could try Uncharted Waters Online.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Fallen Earth is the only thing I can think of that comes close to all those parameters.  Especially the economy and community part.  Most other games like that are the old school varity and they often have subpar communities.  In fact if it wasnt for a lack of a community I wouldnt of left Asherons Call (again) a few months back.

New style games are often times designed for the lowest common denominator and as such their communities, even though large, are as bad as playing with a bunch of teenagers.  Ohh how I miss the old days of MMO's where economies were player driven and the communities were passionate and helpful.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Mellkor

I think its uncharted waters online or pirates of the burning sea which has the "open market" similar to eve online?

Might wana check them

Ive really enjoyed Pirates of the Burning Sea recently.  Very good game if you like Napoleonic naval combat and buckaneering.  Very good game.  Least I thought so.