Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow loading MMORPG.com

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Regularly over the past couple of weeks, but much worse in the last couple of days this site has intermittently been EXTREMELY slow to load pages.

This happens regardless of what page I am opening, or whether I am posting to the forums. 

When I click a link it says "waiting for mmorpg.com" in the browser status window and hangs for anything between 5 seconds and 1 minute or so, then suddenly catches up and loads the page straight away.

This is the only site I ever have this problem with. 

This doesnt happen all the time, mostly during what I would consider peak times. FYI this kind of indicates to me that the site does not have enough bandwidth or does not allow enough concurrent connections. I do not have any DNS issues as it resolves instantly, but is waiting for MMORPG.com to reply. 

Please Admins can you fix this!!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The site's been hammered due to the popularity of the Aion giveaways. Apologies for the inconvenience!

• masandifer7masandifer7 Member Posts: 8
    I would consider peak times. FYI this kind of indicates to me that the site does not have enough bandwidth or does not allow enough concurrent connections.