Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they say you would get free month?

They sent me an email saying I had 30 days free.  My subscription ran out about a week ago and I checked today and it says I have no active sub.  Last night was the last I played.  So basically I got a week free and that is it.  They took the other 3 weeks.  Anyone else run into this?

Comments

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

What I read was 7 free days if your a formal subscriber or formal subscribers can pay for a month and get a month free.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

And the free month for those that qualified will only be added tonight/tomorrow. Directly from twitter:

The 30 days of game time will show up by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT
  • Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

According to the official Twitter page, it sounds as if we'll see the time applied tomorrow (I'm in the same boat as you; my sub expired earlier today).

EDIT:

Heh. Someone beat me to  it!

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

The sceptic in me says it will be long enought to bolster there quaterly 'active accounts' figures.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by Gorilla
    The sceptic in me says it will be long enought to bolster there quaterly 'active accounts' figures.

While I usually don't agree with such theories of low behaviour I sadly have to agree this time in combination with the obviously false statements of not declining player numbers. In my eyes that marketing coup backfired.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Well I don'yt think my sceptisism is totaly  unjustified tbh. The irony of course is that both investors and players appreciate a higher level of transparency and honesty, EA's opaqueness damages everyone not least themselves. It would be unfiar to blame  the chariman though ultimately the buck stops with him. To change a whole corperate cutlture it needs to come from the top. EA's corperate culture stinks and it is catching up with them.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I was under the belife they were giving everyone at that the time of the announcement who qualified the free time. I didn't think you actually had to pay another month to get the free 30 days. LoL

They know better than that. It is more evidence of how they seek to pad their numbers to the public for as long as possible. They went out and got all the hooplah for giving out a free 30 days when of course the catch is. You gotta subscribe another month to recieve it.

Because you know, it just happens most of the accounts run out on the 24th/25th when the game was released. Yes it makes since for the 30 days to have to hit on a new cycle, but its underhanded to make people pay to get the freebie they well deserve.

1.7 Million.. Greatest retenetion rate ever...

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

Please read, it's explained clearly.

http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

You have to have an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION.  Coming back on a trial is not an active subscription.  If you think you can come back for 7 days for FREE then have them give you 30 MORE for FREE, you're just stupid.

L2Read

AND YES! I know they moved it from the 24th to the 25th.  A little research never hurt.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Fluxii

You have to have an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION.  Coming back on a trial is not an active subscription.  If you think you can come back for 7 days for FREE then have them give you 30 MORE for FREE, you're just stupid.

L2Read

AND YES! I know they moved it from the 24th to the 25th.  A little research never hurt.

I can feel the raaage (and so unnecessary to stoop to name calling like a little kid). Ironic, really. Maybe you should learn to read? He said he was subscribed until a week ago--not that he came back on the one week trial.

It happened to me, also, heh. My subscription expired on the 17th, but I was oddly allowed to play until the 23rd, despite the fact that for that amount of time my subscription said it was expiring that day.  I received an e-mail days ago saying I would receive thirty free days of play time. Yeah, BW changed the deal; it sounds as if that time will be applied on the 25th, although there has been some ambiguity on Twitter as to whether people whose subscriptions were active on the 12th (and who had a level 50) will get that time. Taken from the link YOU provided:

- Just be sure you are an active subscriber and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

By the 12th (the original qualification date stipulated) OR by the 22nd. Originally, on Twitter it was said that anyone who qualified for the original promotion would still receive the thirty days, even if their subscription expired before the 22nd. (Dig back that far if you want to find the original Tweets; that's not my job. )

That said, when someone asked for clarification earlier, the response said you needed an active subscription. I guess we'll know later today if people in this situation still get the free time. Not holding my breath.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

L2Read

TOR email reads...

In honor of the recent launch of Game Update 1.2: Legacy, we are celebrating by rewarding our most active players, those with a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account, with 30 days of game time! We know the care and consideration you have put into building your legacy within the game and this is our way of thanking you and encouraging you to come back and continue the journey.

To qualify for the thirty (30) days of game time at no charge*, you must reactivate your subscription on or before April 22, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT. Your 30-days of service will be posted to your account by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT / April 26, 2012 4:49AM GMT at no charge. The 30-days take effect at the end of your first billing period. Plus, you will also receive the in-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram pet** upon your return for being an active subscriber by April 22, 2012 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT! The Tauntaun Ram pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

So, enjoy this reward and all the great new gameplay waiting for you as you jump back into the adventure!

Your right, a little research is good and my research says buy one get one free if your a returning player. 7 days if you don't resubscribe, and 30 days for current qualified subscribers.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

L2Read

Condescension, Ad hominem attacks, and  ancient internet memes... You're quite the game representative.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Cypt1

L2Read

I can feel the raaage (and so unnecessary to stoop to name calling like a little kid). Ironic, really. Maybe you should learn to read? He said he was subscribed until a week ago--not that he came back on the one week trial.

It happened to me, also, heh. My subscription expired on the 17th, but I was oddly allowed to play until the 23rd, despite the fact that for that amount of time my subscription said it was expiring that day.  I received an e-mail days ago saying I would receive thirty free days of play time. Yeah, BW changed the deal; it sounds as if that time will be applied on the 25th, although there has been some ambiguity on Twitter as to whether people whose subscriptions were active on the 12th (and who had a level 50) will get that time. Taken from the link YOU provided:

- Just be sure you are an active subscriber and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

By the 12th (the original qualification date stipulated) OR by the 22nd. Originally, on Twitter it was said that anyone who qualified for the original promotion would still receive the thirty days, even if their subscription expired before the 22nd. (Dig back that far if you want to find the original Tweets; that's not my job. )

That said, when someone asked for clarification earlier, the response said you needed an active subscription. I guess we'll know later today if people in this situation still get the free time. Not holding my breath.

The 22nd got added when folks complained about not having a level 50 even after playing for months. So they added that you can be level 50 or legacy level 6 for the free month and extended the period to the 22nd.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• joneb1999joneb1999 Member UncommonPosts: 7

All I know is what requirements were originally posted and what there is now. Really its obvious that Bioware just wanted to hook those who were potentially going to leave after their current sub for another paid  month but giving us the impression we were getting the free time by the 12th if we met the requirements whether we paid for the next month or not. The thing that really annoys me with this manipulation is if I had known I wasn't getting the free time I would have been able to give resources away to my guildies before I finished up. 

As it is I'm pretty sure I'm not going back to the game. I just bought the Witcher 2 and waiting for Guild Wars and the beta events. I have been tempted to go back for the free month but theres no way Im giving Bioware the satisfaction of paying another month to get it. It may seem they haven't lost out either way if I was planning to go but they have underestimated how being disingenuous can hurt their reputation and the loyalty from paying customers