Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yeah, i am looking for a game where i can solo as well.

PinkSparrowPinkSparrow Member UncommonPosts: 33

Hey,

I know it's an oxymoron, and i have my reasons, but i am looking for a game where i can enjoy solo content as well, or none, multiplayer aspects. I'll be honest, i believe i am still a new kid on the MMO scene, even though i've played/tried quite a few MMOs. Here's a few i've tried...

Everquest 2 - I really enjoyed it but then i started to get turned off by the fact that i was leveling up twice, normal leveling and AA leveling. I got to around 30 on my highest character and it felt slow doing that.

Runescape - I played this one a few years back and i only quit as i got hacked a lost party hats, dragon armour, barrow sets, etc... yeah, i threw a sissy fit :P

Lord of the Rings Online - I got up to around level twenty on my highest character. I only stopped playing as i didn't want to have to pay to purchase to unlock things... i didn't know what to purchase either. If anyone knows they are more than welcome to tell me... i do know you can get stuff for free but you have to grind something, no thanks.

Age of Conan - For some reason the game was just choppy for me. I tried different servers and it's defiently not my internet connection nor my laptop. My laptop runs quite a lot of games, and does meet the requirements to run this. So unfortunatly i didn't get a chance to continue trying.

Star Wars the Old Republic - I hit the level cap with my Sith Warrior and i have tried re-rolling but just don't feel the love anymore. I am not a big fan of re-rolling, but maybe after time i'll give it another crack.

I am close to finishing downloading Rift and I also plan on buying World of Warcraft, although i am not sure if both of these games provide solo content but i had heard it was possible.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

You should try Guild Wars.  You can grab henchmen and heroes to fill up your group with AI party members and play that way if you don't want to group with real people.

• F5MinutesF5Minutes Member Posts: 59

I agree with quiz,

Guild Wars is defionatly a good place to start for a new MMOer,

alot of parts are team based but can also be done solo.

If your looking for a F2P mmo, just give any old grinder mmo ago,

suggesting Eden Eternal myself,

wasted about a year on that game lol, quit because i was on it.. TOO much lol

Goodluck :P

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

As the others suggested, GW is ideal. I have several accounts and I used one as a completely solo experience to see what it was like. It is possible to do every campaign solo though I think out of frustration on 2 missions I asked for help from my other half. Sometimes I died a LOT but I enjoyed the victory when I completed something even those times I had 60% dp.

As far as henchmen I have only gone through one campaign (Prophecies) with just those. If you enjoy it and get the other expansions, heros make it so much easier.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• PinkSparrowPinkSparrow Member UncommonPosts: 33

Bugger. I  knew i was forgetting games that i have played and you both have reminded me of them. I have played both Guild Wars and Eden Eternal. I re-rolled quite a few times on Guild Wars and i recently comepleted all the expansions. As for Eden Eternal, i had two classes up in the thirties, i eventually stopped but i might check it out again. I can't even remember what classes i was, one of them enabled me to transform into an iron man though xP

Engineer...

And there are alot more classes, remember.. you can change between classes at any time :D

I do believe all the classes have been released now.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Any MMO after 2002 you can solo and solo easy to max level.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by PinkSparrow

Lord of the Rings Online - I got up to around level twenty on my highest character. I only stopped playing as i didn't want to have to pay to purchase to unlock things... i didn't know what to purchase either. If anyone knows they are more than welcome to tell me... i do know you can get stuff for free but you have to grind something, no thanks.

Why don't you just pay the subscription and not have to worry about it?

Because the game can be soloed to cap.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

This might not be a popular choice on this forum but, WoW is very solo friendly. And if you've never played it, its worth a look. If you are lookng for a free MMO, try Allods. It looks great and is fun.

@F5Minutes- I recall switching over. I had some wizard class character. God i feel bad at not remembering. I do remember using that spin wheel thing to get my free daily item though.

@Sovrath- Really? you can pay the subscription and have acess to all the content? I didn't think that was possible and that's why i cancelled my subscription :S

@monarc333- Well now i am definetly buying the battle chest, or whatever its called. I played it close to when it was first realsed but i was young and couldn't afford to keep a subscription up. As for Allods, i have heard of it and will look into it. That reminds me, I have also tried Runes of Magic.

The have a number of different races now lol

also if your looking for something a little different, i suggest a sandbox game, Wurm, Ultima online, miner wars and First Earth(alpha) are pretty decent games.

Ultima online does look interesting, i had seen it before, as for the others i'll have to look into them.  I got up to 8GB downloading Rift Lite and no it no longer wishes to resume download. I am going to purchase Rift, Wow, and possible Lord of the Rings we next pop into town, which will be next week, so for the weekend i won't be playing anything.

I just looked at the new races for Eden Enternal and they look really cool, espeically compared to boring human's.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Try Tera, after the open beta I could handle many mobs solo with no problem. The game has a great pvp system and open world. The mobs are great, sure it feels grindy but for some reason it is a fun grind because of the combat system. Good luck!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

There are almost no MMO's these days you can't spend the majority of time soloing and not progess your character.

Many titles end games are more group centered, but a few you've mentioned seem to have lots of single player content as well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Cuppett5
    Try Tera, after the open beta I could handle many mobs solo with no problem. The game has a great pvp system and open world. The mobs are great, sure it feels grindy but for some reason it is a fun grind because of the combat system. Good luck!

Thought i'd update, i purchased Rift,World of Warcraft (battlechest), and Lord of the Rings Mithril Edition, about three or four weeks ago, i've been playing Rift during the time til now, i recently hit level cap and got quite a bit geared up, possible T1 raid ready, although i don't feel fully comfortable as i still think that i might be able to improve my gear and that i don't fully know what's coming. Anyway, at the moment i kind of am going off of it, it was a pretty swell game, but even being on a popular Europe server dungeon queuing takes ages, and most of my former guild mates didn't wish to help me progress, like two people of twenty didn't mind helping me. Meh, i won't be rescribing once my free 30 days are over, instead i shall move onto playing World of Warfract properly.

I also have The Witcher 2 to play for the weekend. I did play Mass Effect 3, which was amazing, and Metro 2033 & Jade Empire, both of which didn't pull me in.

Oh, and Cuppett5, i saw some gameplay video of Tera, i werne't entirely sure about the way combat is done but it does look quite interesting, taking on big bosses by yourelf. Might eventualyl get around to giving it ago.

Another update. I have spent time in World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings online. Hit cap in WoW probably a month back, and now i am half way through level 74 in Lord of the Rings. I most likely wont play much then after as their expansions come out soon anyways. I have Sins of Solar Empire, Space Pirates and Zombies, Magika, and Evochron Merceanary, but i am looking for another MMO to try out. With someone mentioning Tera which i shall now look into, there's also Aion that i downloaded awhile back that i could check out as well. Still, anyone got any other suggestions?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Any MMO after 2002 you can solo and solo easy to max level.

Most of them released before 2002 have been retrofit for it, too.

Oddly, he seems an ideal candidate for "Lot of Alts" syndrome, except he says he doesn't like alts.

He's going to have a rather expensive locust habit--suggest getting out of the subscription games.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.