Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyway to play without pandomediabooster?

CelestialnovaCelestialnova Member Posts: 81

Hello everyone, I have an issue with pandomediabooster blocking out programs from connecting (steam, any blizzard game, etc) and would love to be able to redownload and play Aion like I did years ago without sacrificing my connection to my other programs.  Anyone know how to, if possible, download and play Aion without using pandomediabooster?  Much appreciated!

Comments

• DirtyisdeadDirtyisdead Member UncommonPosts: 16

You can simply uninstall it after you install aion, its only needed for updates.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by mwoodsknight

Hello everyone, I have an issue with pandomediabooster blocking out programs from connecting (steam, any blizzard game, etc) and would love to be able to redownload and play Aion like I did years ago without sacrificing my connection to my other programs.  Anyone know how to, if possible, download and play Aion without using pandomediabooster?  Much appreciated!

I know NCsoft took down pando as the installer, but its only temporary. They may have it back on now. But anyway, once you download and install using Pando, just go into add and remove programs and uninstall Pando. However, if there is an update, it will reinstall pando for Aion. 

All other mmos I ran into that use Pando only use it for the initial download. Then  updates are only through the games client at that point. 

Too bad NCsoft didnt want to just follow the latter. 

• williamsmwwilliamsmw Member Posts: 5

Download NCSoft game management software, it should allow you to install all NCSoft games without using Pandomedia booster.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Im about to install AION for the first time.  Still says Pando is NOT REQUIRED - http://na.aiononline.com/news/announcements/pando-media-booster-temporarily-required

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by williamsmw

Download NCSoft game management software, it should allow you to install all NCSoft games without using Pandomedia booster.

Actually it doesnt. Before they took Pando down last week, I decided to install Aion using the NCsoft game management software. I hit the install button and it downloaded Pando and opened it. Then Pando took over.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

no clue why companies buy into that bs distro pandomopnsop crap

Doesnt help, doesnt speed nothing, i guess they just buy it for the opposed cheaper bandwidth shown up front in a sketchy marketed way..

Service is pointless and horrible to end user..

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Originally posted by Zontaz

You can simply uninstall it after you install aion, its only needed for updates.

I do the same.And will try to update without it

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Originally posted by Zontaz

So what happens if there is an update?

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

They have already said they are doing away with it. Just delete it

• TeotolucaTeotoluca Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by mwoodsknight

News from the official Aion site with regards to Pando Media Booster ... (dated April 17th) ...

Pando Media Booster temporarily not required

We have temporarily removed Pando Media Booster so that we can test a variety of server-side adjustments regarding download completion rates and further refine the service we provide our players. We will bring Pando Media Booster back once we've optimized our service to provide the best download rates possible.

Currently, players may download and update Aion: Ascension™ directly through the NC Launcher.