Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Awakening Update #4 Now Available

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

From the update, it looks like the most recent patch for testing had 21 different topics to review.  Sounds like the methods of the Focus group are being refined as well, which is good.

Looks like there have been some significant changes to the pet GUI, and how pets work (perhaps with multiple pets).

Flying creatures, pretty interesting as well.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74542-focus-group-community-update-week-4-a.html

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

How many active people are in this Focus Group? From reading th forums it appears to be but a handful.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by ilives

How many active people are in this Focus Group? From reading th forums it appears to be but a handful.

I was playing all last month, it really is a small group of core people. Lots of trial idiots since that started it seems.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Its in the 20's.

EDIT: between 20 and 35.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Today, 18:05

GameMaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by XunilaView Post

I'm waiting for the first comments like "tamers will be overpowered".

Btw, I will love this new feature!

A lot of thought has gone into this. there are a few things in place to curve the system form being OP. I don't want to get to deep into these system as they are still being tested and subject to change. But you will no longer be able to just tame a bear for example and own with him right away. Your pets will be young and hard headed when first tamed you will have to spend some time with them to truly tame them.

Originally posted by xDayx

Its in the 20's.

So only 20ish people are testing this update?? LOL 

How do you expect such a low number of  volunteers to thoroughly test anything, let alone a MMO? Id have more that that test my customs maps in a FPS.

Originally posted by sinjin

I was playing all last month, it really is a small group of core people. Lots of trial idiots since that started it seems.

NIce, sounds like the community hasnt changed. :(

Its in the 20's.

How do you expect such a low number of  volunteers to thoroughly test anything, let alone a MMO? Id have more that that test my customs maps in a FPS.

You dont expect the volunteers to thoroughly test it correctly. As a long-term subscriber you expect there to be bugs and problems just as there has been in every other update. Yet, you still subscribe to the game despite everything.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Its in the 20's.

Everything is relative. From my impression, that is a fair number of the total active fanbase for a tester group.

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

It's tiny %age given the ppl I'm seeing ingame with my actual eyes that is and not using my 'armchair-vision'.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

Its in the 20's.

You dont expect the volunteers to thoroughly test it correctly. As a long-term subscriber you expect there to be bugs and problems just as there has been in every other update. Yet, you still subscribe to the game despite everything.

The level of apathy is rather pathetic.  Sounds like a match made in heaven, enjoy.

Originally posted by CroniteLore

It's tiny %age given the ppl I'm seeing ingame with my actual eyes that is and not using my 'armchair-vision'.

What does that have to do with anything?  100 people in game or 1,000,000.  there are still only a handful of people in the Focus Group.

Its in the 20's.

The level of apathy is rather pathetic.  Sounds like a match made in heaven, enjoy.

I am and have been. Good luck to you as well.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Gwahlur

Today, 18:05

GameMaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by XunilaView Post

I'm waiting for the first comments like "tamers will be overpowered".

Btw, I will love this new feature!

A lot of thought has gone into this. there are a few things in place to curve the system form being OP. I don't want to get to deep into these system as they are still being tested and subject to change. But you will no longer be able to just tame a bear for example and own with him right away. Your pets will be young and hard headed when first tamed you will have to spend some time with them to truly tame them.

This, plus the ability to control multiple pets, are some of the things that many players have been looking forward to for some time.  I'm hoping to hear more about this in future updates.

By the way, I also like the screenshot of the sky they posted a little later.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Flying Creatures: Yes they exist, and these aren't the ones you see flying around the heavens of Nave which you can't interact with. These creatures are dynamic and entertaining. They fly over you, they fly at you, the fly after you, they attack you and they even crap on you !

SV at their best.. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Some interesting suprise content from this update, changes to the current taming system are always welcome but i do hope the developers consider that currently pets are op and the only thing preventing them from dominating pvp is the broken ai and exploitability of jumping to disengage agro. Were pets working correctly all of the time then pets would eat most players alive. The developers need to make sure each individual pet has some form of stamina bar that drains as the pet pursues a target and attacks them leeshing back once they run out of stamina to prevent the op of pets.

Having 2 pets at once would only double the issue, however i do like the sound of having to gradully improve your pet through ownership and flying creatures are always welcome. One issue i did think of however was with sea creatures, pnce you kill them would their loot sink to the bottom? since retrieving a sea monsters carcass from the bottom of the ocean would prove difficult and frustrating, hopefully sea creatures lootbags float.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by Toferio

they attack you and they even crap on you !

SV at their best.. 

As if horse peeing wasnt enough, what is wrong with them?    How does this add anything to the game and couldnt their limited resources be put to better use?  Alas, Players getting craped on is nothing new . image