Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

## New Eu servers Have no Protection

MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49

I dont get it why the new EU servers have the pvp protection deactivated all the time? i think that most of  players (specialy old players) want the protection removed for good on all servers, but this is my opinion.. Cheers

PS: plyed Aion since realese

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

You 'don't get it', but you say 'most' want it (a fact that I personally disagree with... which I will expand on if required)...

I honestly do not understand your post :/

• MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49

old aion servers have pvp protection every 2 weeks, new servers have the protection removed all the time...i just wanna see ur opinion about this.. And i mean that old players from old servers (eu servers) wanna get acces to 100% pvp = remove the protection.. GOT it? :)

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Well, my opinion is that you hear a seeming lot of old school people demand no HDB (home defense buff) because the guys that don't like being gank farmed 24/7 have been driven the hell away and are therefore pretty much silent.

Look, Allowing, encouraging even, twinks to farm your newbies is just stupid design and really really bad for retention. It just puts in a whole new really high barrier for new players to break through. Ofc, most will just quit, and their opinion on the HDB will never be heard again (see above).

The guys that stay, the high levels with twinked out gank alts camped in the newbies zones, will obviously loudly argue for no HDB, but they do so at the expense of the long term health of the game.

As for 'hardcore' players telling me that they are baddass and pro for wanting no HDB... sod off.

All these 'hardcore' players are the first ones to find the easiest, safest fights in PvP, whether that's twinking, attacking on mobs, making sure they have 5 levels on you, hacks, whatever.

Not wanting a HDB so you can gank lowbies does not make you 'hardcore', it makes you, in my eyes, the lowest form of player.

My opinion is that 'true' PvPers do not play MMORPGs, just the wannabies that need the crutches of levels/ gear/ whatever in order to disguise their depressing lack of talent or skill while talking smack with their dicks in their hands do (*)

My general view is that Aion, despite me loving it in so many ways, has the worst set up for pvp of any game I have ever played. It just gets everything wrong.

The saddest thing is that GF have learnt NOTHING from this game's failiure in the EU previously and are actually managing to add a stack of their own.

Gameforge, again IMO, had the perfect opportunity to release two servers, one PvP (no HDB) and one PvE (with HDB), but like everything else they have had to do with the game got it really wrong again. Because of this Aion will ultimately fail again in the EU, retaining only a small handfull of bitter gankers that claim that it was the HBD that killed their game, while all the time not seeing it was THEM and the way THEY chose to play. 

(* hopefully a culture that GW2 with it's forward thinking PvP systems will abolish in the near future)

(sorry for the long piece, but... you asked :P)

• TeotolucaTeotoluca Member Posts: 19

Actually, most players do not want the defence buffs removed. The only ones who do want the buffs removed are the Twinks and self-confessed Pinkie Farmers. I play on the NA servers and people have been pretty vocal for a long time about wanting to see the implementation of some kind of PVE/PVP flagging system to make it possible for players to be able to gather and quest in peace without having to worry about being ganked by groups of Twinks.

Remove the defense buffs for good on all servers and you stand to start losing players. As it is at the moment people can check when the buffs are up or down and plan their ingame activities accordingly.  

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Originally posted by Vesavius

All these 'hardcore' players are the first ones to find the easiest, safest fights in PvP, whether that's twinking, attacking on mobs, making sure they have 5 levels on you, hacks, whatever.

Not wanting a HDB so you can gank lowbies does not make you 'hardcore', it makes you, in my eyes, the lowest form of player.

My opinion is that 'true' PvPers do not play MMORPGs, just the wannabies that need the crutches of levels/ gear/ whatever in order to disguise their depressing lack of talent or skill while talking smack with their dicks in their hands do (*)

(* hopefully a culture that GW2 with it's forward thinking PvP systems will abolish in the near future)

[ Edit for space ]

I agree with everything this poster said. Cheers to you mate.  Except I don't share the GW2 konfidence.  I suspect that the lowbie ganking 'hardcore' player is the very demographic that GW2 is courting.  I will be pleasantly surprised if it is not.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

M8  i dunno how twinks are on NA servers but on Eu servers they get gaanked after like 3-4 kills by zergs(have a lvl 50 sin _:P), and about kiling pinks its true i get  killed every time i rift with my lvl 30 sm (after like 5 min ) by high lvls... i Dunno how it is on your server but my server (Spata) is actually Full atm..and verry balanced. I have 3 charrs (55-50-30) and i see alot of players QQ when the HPD is on thats why i asked here if u guys think that they shull remove the HPD for good :). And btw GF sux i agree they aint doing **** didnt see 1 single GM on since the launch. Cheers

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

its just wrong to say most people want the buffs removed..if u are realy playin from the beginnin then u should know why ncsoft implemented the deff buffs. it was a big ingame survey where they asked the players if they want it or not..and the truth is that the most people said they want the buffs..

anyways the rifting option is just wrong for the western mentality...in korea veterans or gg people dont run around in quest areas and gank everthin (lowbies, solo players etc) they see. people in the west have just a bad behaviour.. i actually was always against the deff buffs..but after i played on a new server and saw ppl doin the same crap as before the buffs were implemented, i changed my mind.

and once again if there were a new survey askin people if buffs should be implemented again a majority would say yes. they would at least ask for some nerfs.

moste players on the Eu servers yea ...i dunno how it works in West...