Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 what issues to look for this weekend

2»

Comments

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Originally posted by Palladin

So with these beta events and all I am guessing the game release is very close. So does anyone know what sorts of bugs and isssues they might want us to look for. Seems to me these beta "events" are more of a stress test for the server architecture.

I've watched a few vids (20-30) and the game seems to run really smooth.

Weekend BETAs aren't for actual testing.  They are for generating good press and stress testing equipment.  They wouldn't do a weekend BETA if the game still needed to be debugged.   Think of it as an open beta because that is what a weekend beta really is.

Agree

The term "beta" is thrown around loosely these days. "Beta" events only thru a pre purchase or pre order are NOT beta tests. You are merely paying beforehand to preview the game. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. On the contrary, its good marketing. But, if you think you're in this weekend's GW2 beta event as some special "beta tester," you need a good dose of reality.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Lag, some bugs here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Guys, it's a frikkin' beta. Lol.

No, it's not a stress test (they've already done one), it's both giving more public exposure to the game and trying to catch any bugs they may not have missed.

Again, the game isn't without it's bugs. It's most definitely still a beta. Just an open one (in terms of their being no NDA).

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by aesperus

Guys, it's a frikkin' beta. Lol.

No, it's not a stress test (they've already done one), it's both giving more public exposure to the game and trying to catch any bugs they may not have missed.

Again, the game isn't without it's bugs. It's most definitely still a beta. Just an open one (in terms of their being no NDA).

lol, boy game devs love people like you...cha ching!

Yessir, let me pay you to squash bugs! :p

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 6,796

this is mainly a trial marketing. The best thing to look for is things in the world that lack collision detection. like spots in the game where you wall through a wall or fall through the ground.

also point out balance issues ahead of time as well between classes in PvP as well as PvE.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Best thing you can do is just play the game and use the bug report (if its in this version) if you encounter something..

Be warned though, once out of the intro area you may be enjoying the freedom of choice and having so much fun that you wont be able to stop long enough to report anything...;)

Playing GW2..

• F0rumLurkerF0rumLurker Member Posts: 58

A few things I would look out for:

1. Ranger pet AI

2. How well dynamic events scale up

3. Options for particle effects

4. UI customizability (Hopefully they will make it as customizable as GW1, and hopefully options for HP bar rather than HP circle)

5. Multi-keybinding options (CTRL + 1)

6. Difficulty of areas

7. Voice acting/cutscenes (I personally didn't like the change they made to female norn voices in the last beta)

8. WvW lag (Even though beta might be unoptimized)

9. Bugs obviously

10. 'Zergability' of dungeons (Even if you played badly players could still win by respawning)

That said, looking forward to beta :)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,766

I bet the client will be an unoptimised mess. And I expect most amd users will have 5 fps. So get ready for terrible performance. At least I expect that.