Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recent MMORPG where I can play an archer . . .

KuriouzKuriouz Member UncommonPosts: 25

I'm looking for any recent MMORPG where I can play a ranged archer. Can anyone suggest some please.

Thx

Comments

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

How recent?

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Originally posted by Kuriouz

I'm looking for any recent MMORPG where I can play a ranged archer. Can anyone suggest some please.

Thx

Guild Wars 2, and TERA

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Would help to know just how "recent" you meant.  There are actually quite a few games with archers/hunters/rangers.  GW2 has a ranger profession, it's the most recent that I know of, although someone mentioned TERA has one too.  Games older than that though....EQ2 has a really fun ranger class and if you like pets, WoW has a hunter class that's not as pure an archer class as other games, but still in that neighborhood.  I think Vanguard also has a ranger class.  Anyway....the most recent games would be Guild Wars 2 and TERA (I don't know about TERA personally, but someone else mentioned it).

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• KuriouzKuriouz Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by xDayx

How recent?

2/3 years utmost. Thx

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

TERA is about as recent as you can possibly get.  Try out the Open Beta.  It ends tomorrow, but if you can download the client fast enough, should be able to still get a feel for it before it ends.  No wipe afer OB, so can keep playing your char if you like the game and decide to buy it.

Guild Wars 2 is another good choice if you can wait several months for release.

Aion has a ranger class and just went F2P so can give that a try as well.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

I would recommned Lord Of The Rings Online, it has a great Ranged Archer class, they are celebrating their 5th year Anniversary right now.  Ive played most MMO and I think LOTRO is one of the better one.  It has the best community and its also kind of F2P so you can try it out without spending any money. 

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Mortal online.. First person archer. Aim based. No classes in the game. You can make a mounted archer if you want to also.
  • ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158

dragon nest... aim based action combat... archer class is a load of fun to play

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I would say darkfall as the bow combat was the only thing I would praise about the game.

Maybe you need to define ranged archer because most mmo's have that as a generic class

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Gaborik

I would recommned Lord Of The Rings Online, it has a great Ranged Archer class, they are celebrating their 5th year Anniversary right now.  Ive played most MMO and I think LOTRO is one of the better one.  It has the best community and its also kind of F2P so you can try it out without spending any money. 

I agree with this. I don't normally like ranger/hunter classes, but Lotro is the best I have tried.

• Clarissa63Clarissa63 Member Posts: 7

Can anyone suggest some please.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

If you are looking for a generic ranger type class i.e someone that happens to have a bow rather than a sword as opposed to some sort of actual archery imlpimented somehow, I have to say i can't think of a fantasy mmo that doesn't have it as an option.  If so just organise the list how you want and pick one that looks good to you.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Definitely TERA, considering it has the crosshair, so it'd sorta be like playing an FPS ^^

• KoukikidKoukikid Member Posts: 28

Aion has a pretty decent archer class and it just recently converted to a pure F2P without a P2W cash shop as of now.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

RIFT had both a Ranger and Marksman "soul" as part of their selection under the Rogue class.

Ranger uses pets as well as ranged attacks, while the Marksman relies more on just powerful ranged attacks.

It's also nice because you aren't premanently locked into those "souls", you can purchase more roles and try out different "soul" combinations, including the Bard "soul" for buffs, and/or a nice range of melee "souls".

There are a lot of hybrid options under the Rogue.  There is none of that having to re-level another Rogue either.  You can respec for cheap and try something else if you aren't happy with the "soul" build you chose.

Each "role" has an option of three(3) "souls", so the combinations are almost endless, just don't gimp yourself by spreading points too thin.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Archery suck really bad since lineage 2 imo that had the really last interesting archer class. That class was all about kiting in open space, was really a nice class to play in this game, especially because it fit really well the open world pvp, and it was a very good pvp class. 

Darkfall have an amazing archery since its fps combat, but you can't be an archer in this game, you have to be an hybrid, don't listen to the other guy really. Archer in Aion are fine, but they just don't feel as archer to me, its more some crowd control class. Tera? i don't know, the archer have no range, that's just weird. Even in GW2 i don't really like their archer either, even if they do have more range than in Tera, its an aoe ranged class it seam. I don't know personally not a single archer really interested me since Lineage 2, but the game is so hold its not even funny. From the game i played those last years i wouldn't recommand playing an archer, or just do it by curiosity.