Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA is wonderful

I'm enjoying Open Beta and am looking forward to Early Launch so I can finally play this nightly.  It seems we get a taste every few weeks and have to drop it again, forcing us to play the reasons why we craved a change in the first place.  I cannot tell you how good it feels to finally get a "new" game that feels like a throwback.

TERA is a game that gets it.  Instead of catering a whole world around what you are going to do step by step(whether you like it or not) you have some breathing room.  I know MMO means "Massively Multiplayer Online" but my meaning for "MMO" seems to have been blended with a console game over the past couple years.  I don't want my gaming experience to be preprogrammed, there are plenty of actual console games for that feel.

So here's TERA.  Follow a direct path or don't.  Go explore every inch or just see the sights on the way to the next quest hub, instance or BAM.  Go gather and craft any item in the game you want with enough effort (and coin).  Go get yourself elected head of a province or better yet a continent.  You get to choose.

Before you do though watch some videos as the art style and combat are different than what you might be used to.  Personally I think the combat is down right boss but some prefer tab targeting.

Finally the PvP... you know, I'm going to stop there and prove a point that it's not just PvPers that love TERA, it has tons to offer PvE.  Since I am not on a PvP server, though I tested on one, I'll let someone else ring in on the PvP.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

No idea why but when i read the title thats what came up in my head XD Can't wait for lvl 60 so sorc aren't broken in pvp and i can duel my friend!!!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by rexzshadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

No idea why but when i read the title thats what came up in my head XD Can't wait for lvl 60 so sorc aren't broken in pvp and i can duel my friend!!!

Haha

I did not get my gap closer (charging strike) on my warrior until lv28.  It was a hard road traveled up until then.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

i have a blast playing Tera.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    I've had that song stuck in my head since last night! Lol

Yeah Rising Fury is no substitute for a real gap closer though I'm sure the combination now will help :)

Just not worth my time anymore.