Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA surprised me

Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
I remember for about a year TERA shared the same sentence as SWTOR and GW2 in many ragequit posts of some MMO's I have known. That was the first reason I was nonplussed by that game, same as GW2. Well, I tried it a bit.

I must say over the length of the weekend I regained a sensation I have literally not felt in years: my first month in my first MMO. that sensation of awe when taking an FP from one side to another, the immersive and beautiful world, the level of detail on even the cracks on the street. Yea, it was positive, I had fun.

Sadly, up until now (22) most quests have been the grindy type. But I decided not to throw out the baby along with the bathwater since I was so amused by the exploration and ....crafting..... I dunno crafting hooked me. Dodging blows and non tab combat hooked me. Heh, I had fun with this pastime, so I'm subbing.

It may last a couple weeks, a month or two or a year. But I almost missed out on the game because I judged it early, based on the ragequitters waiting for a Jeebus game that will never come (and the Elin - I wish they didn't exist, I also wish I didn't have to pay taxes so wtv.)

Anyhow, I'd say don't pass judgement on this one till you actually try it. It might surprisingly hook you. I would not be surprised if they throw in some sort if free trials, so I'd wait for that.

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

My first mmorpg was runescape and to be honest i was hook as fck to that game lol. Maybe its because i never played a rpg or mmo before but man that was the most fun i ever had. But i doubt i'll ever get that feeling again =P first only come once and honestly iwon't play anything that remotely look like runescape now days lol (and i play during classic, ah the fist bump fights even when you had swords LOL)

Also entire 5 cbt and the obt is free trial =P they were basicaslly handing cbt keys out like candy XD

And glad you had fun ^_^ i know i did, while it wasn't that first mmorpgs experience it was good, speically for me because i play tank class and well as most people know tank = most boring class in every singe mmorpg. (beside the ones w/o a trinity system) But this game tankingn now offically takes some skills (yes tanking in tab tagetting took no skill at all and seriously people who can't tank are just stuipd -.- i'm seriously its freaken common sense when tanking, not hard to press like 1 button to taunt and common sense to not lure too much. Also its lot more interesting for healer too coz they have to aim their heals and in pvp they have to activly move around and dodge so much more.