Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flyff rules!

Man,i've played many MMORPGs before but they're nothing like Flyff.I mean,in which MMORPG do you get to fly? Even the fighting style rocks.It's also gonna be f2p(free to play)not p2p!!!The graphics are awesome too.Theres very few weapons but that doesn't really matter to me.Background music is sweet,especially the fighting music.Even as an open BETA it doesn't lag too much.Just try it,belive me you won't be disappointed!

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Anarchy Online has flying (not sure if it was in at launch 4 years ago), Horizon has flying also (dragon). "Combo" system adds looks & damage but its still "press one button & wait".

The major downside is the INSANE xp grind, not even RO comes close to the amount of xp nedeed for levels & then there is the lack of different monsters to kill. Music is generic japan-pop & quest system is basic (go kill something then go back).
    Until you get to choose a proffession everybody has the same skills, these skills are all only damage dealing (I think, I couldnt endure any more meaningless xp hunts). You need to level your skills thruu use & they nedeed to "rest" othervise you dontget xp for it (=cant spam a skill).

As always in asian mmorpg:s you have players shops EVERYWHERE & finding a specific item to buy is just about impossible. Kinda odd that armor pieces are gender specific, only purpose seems to be to lower the drop-rate even further. Also there is no ignore function ingame(!), so when somebody spams the chat your only choice is to shut off the entire chat.

I wouldnt play it even if it was free (which it is).

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

I would have to agree. I played the game for some time, I tried to get my friends hooked, but they wouldnt play with me, and after a while I finally noticed how poorly done it was. Not only are the quests boring and long, and the level grinding is insane, AND not many monsters to choose from. But, theres only one town, and its really not that big of a game. Theres bascially two areas, around the town, and across the bridge. The game would be better if it were more rewarding, like the more you do the more you get like most MMORPG.s

• SirVampireSirVampire Member Posts: 213
    jellob, there are many skills besides those that deal damage, just wanted to say ^^, i play it 2, my nick: MeneerVampier

PotCO player
    Ex-WoW player, hackers screwed it up and blizzard is too lazy to give a shit

• ionicwingsionicwings Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by FahrenheitTH
    which MMORPG do you get to fly?
    You can fly in City of Heroes ::::02::

I also played it before. Yes it has exciting features like jumping, flying/hoverboarding and the no-ks system. But it felt a lil dull when you play it for a long time. As you notice, if you adjust your ROSE Online graphic settings to its lowest, you can see flyff ::::02::

The only game that made me play it for quite a long time despite of the not-so-great graphics is TS Online. And it's not even in 3d. The gameplay exceeds the graphics. ::::02::

However for flyff... the gameplay cant save how dull the environment is, well that's as for me. ::::02::

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130
    Well anyway,it's my fav.We dun have to all like the same MMORPG right?

• SirVampireSirVampire Member Posts: 213

true fahrenheit, and its time some players have to realize that...

PotCO player
    Ex-WoW player, hackers screwed it up and blizzard is too lazy to give a shit

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130
    You said those words like a true gamer! image